corc

drane2

dropp

pir

inhake2

pen expers

uviol

gaekwad

gantz graf (yes! that melody moment at 2:45)

surripere

lcc

the trees

sublimit

altibzz

simmm

paralel suns

theswere

notwo

nofour

perlence suns

perlence subrange 3

r ess

pt2ph8

see on see

treale

os veix3

O=0

krylon

iris was a pupil

m62

ylm0

jatevee c

bladelores

yjy ux

newbound

pendulu hv moda

mesh cinereal

foldfree casual

freulaeux

piezo I had a really great trip to amber many years ago and this was a highlight

parhelic triangle end melody

zeiss contarex

O=0

fol3/fol4 so lush without even being melodic, I find this kind of textural stuff super beautiful

gantz graf when it folds up and goes psychedelic in the middle

yulquen

the bleak yet beautiful ending of 1 1 is

drane2 usagi said it all, reminds me of deconstructed bluegrass for some reason, great nord workout

krib

probably more but these came to mind

The culminating part in nwnw8 after the beat stops at 4:14, it's a rare instance when the whole track prepares for a brief conclusion. Very profound moment to hear for a first time or two.

Tre track itself is not particularly great outside of that, too

Untilted Soundboard (Glasgow 15-04-2005) = the section from 29:58 through to about 38:00

P.I.O.B (Mix Two)

Neph (Autechre Ultramatique 6 Mix)

foldfree casual

Stoop (Gescom)

Kalpol Introl (Live) '94

Saw You

Also the second half of LCC.

One of my very favorite transitions... they described this as driving a car off a cliff, but instead of falling the car just keeps going straight.

ha, nice ^^ do you remember where they said this? from an interview or something?

I think it was in AAA actually. 

[end of] 1 1 is
outpt

[end of] cipater

pule
nuane
[end of] 6ie.cr (very)
[2nd half of] gaekwad
vose in (in a weird way)
fold 4 wrap 5
corc
silverside
[1st half of] eidetic casein
[1st half of] cap iv
bladelores
[2nd half of] simmm
chenc9
[beginning of] pro radii
[1st half of] fermium
no border
[beginning of] d-sho qub
redfall
pendulu casual
13x0 step
[1st half of] acdwn2
spaces how V
Perlence losid 2

[Third party remixes]

Black Dog - Tunnels Ov Set
Oberman Knocks - Dilankex
Team Doyobi - Push Chairs for Grown Ups

I'll never forget hearing bladelores for the first time when it came out. I had been on here in the Exai thread and I'd already known to expect something big, but when it finally hit at the end of disk one after tuinorizn it was like an out-of-body experience. One of my friends who had been making fun of me for years because of Autechre finally got into them specifically because of this song and went on a huge binge afterwards. In fact, I would even say that there are multiple moments within the song that could be in the top 5 most beautiful Autechre moments, including right around 2:00 when the really lush synth wash first comes in, 5:26, and (most importantly) 10:40 when the synth comes in that sounds like it belongs in An Ending (Ascent) by Eno. Absolutely incredible that Autechre wrote a song that mind-bendingly stunning, let alone more than 25 years into their career.

i still remember words of john ehrlichman, that bladelores is the weakest track on the album. i guess cause of the lo-fi sound (the same reason he hated actress, ''to much of noize and saturated tape efx''). and there we go again... watmm's favorite, form vs content lol  :emotawesomepm9:

bladelores = beautiful

//fakt

I do like bladelores, but I still feel like of all the long tracks on Exai it's the only one that doesn't quite earn its track length

It could have been 9 or 10 minutes instead of 12 and probably been a little better for it

And just to clarify, I don't mean to just chop off the last 2-3 minutes

Just tighten things up here and there throughout the track

i still remember words of john ehrlichman, that bladelores is the weakest track on the album. i guess cause of the lo-fi sound (the same reason he hated actress, ''to much of noize and saturated tape efx''). and there we go again... watmm's favorite, form vs content lol  :emotawesomepm9:

bladelores = beautiful

//fakt

I think you aren't doing justice to Awepittance's point of view at all here, concurrently justifying the generic Actress. That's a bit disrespectful to put simplistic reasoning like that into his virtual mouth when he's not around. Let's not disrespect the subforum legend.

Furthermore, what you suggest - that content took precedence over form in bladelores, right? doesn't seem correct to me. When producer intentionally makes the sound sound "lo-fi" - and nowadays it's almost always by design - that's a decision with great care about the form foremost.

bladelores = beautiful

//fakt

I don't remember Robbie knocking Actress, but whatever. Still one of my favorite artists to listen to during winter. That lo-fi, almost surreal dance music is what makes him unique.

I do like bladelores, but I still feel like of all the long tracks on Exai it's the only one that doesn't quite earn its track length

It could have been 9 or 10 minutes instead of 12 and probably been a little better for it

And just to clarify, I don't mean to just chop off the last 2-3 minutes

Just tighten things up here and there throughout the track

yeah it peaks too early imo, there's a big crescendo around 5–6 mins in and then it just kinda meanders.. usually the meandering is my favourite part of an ae track, but I feel like if those sections were swapped (so the peak is at the end) it would have been more effective.

Archived