My Bloody Valentine - [TBA in 2018]

I'll believe it when the pre-order shows up.

The recently up for pre-order represses of Isn't Anything and Loveless were announced back in 2008/2009, I believe.

A bit premature, I reckon.

Yeah, I know he finally dropped that album back in 2013 but he had been promising it for something like twelve years.

Yeah I've been seeing this rumor bubble up in different contexts, interviews, etc. Starting to look promising. Early call maybe but anything is possible. I didn't expect to hear new BoC and Aphex Twin again 5 years ago.

• 2 months later...

anybody get a shipping notification? i didn't even realize these were shipping.

No shipping notification, but release date was yesterday.

anybody get a shipping notification? i didn't even realize these were shipping.

MBV FB page shows them shipping vinyl mailers along with the new shirts, so hopefully.

IMG_0584.jpg

It sounds so good. Soon in particular has a new breath of life - the clarity of the vocals is popping out and the guitars sound crisper than ever

Totally agree. Vocals sound a lot clearer and the perc is coming through a lot better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At some points you can hear the guitar parts in their singularity better. Like you can tell there are sections of intended manipulation in a certain way rather than a general drone of gorgeousness. Very satisfying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Nice, just got tickets to their St. Paul show! I've never had a chance to see them live before. The venue they're going to be at is absolutely perfect too, a 100 year-old theater that was just recently totally remodeled after being shut down for 30 years. Looks gorgeous inside. I just saw Slowdive there last year and it sounded incredible. 

tickets to the OG chicago show sold out in 20 minutes, i got one tho :^). anyone have earplug recs? i want something nicer than the pieces of shit they'll be handing out at the door for ymmr.

tickets to the OG chicago show sold out in 20 minutes, i got one tho :^). anyone have earplug recs? i want something nicer than the pieces of shit they'll be handing out at the door for ymmr.

etymotic er-20. if you have money to blow there's a place in chicago that does the custom molds

may 2018 sound on sound interview with kevin shields

Edited by jellyrajah
  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fumi
      New album on Kranky from this artist based in New Orleans. 
      Sort of mix between Liz Frasier's ethereal vocals and the churning guitar noise from Kevin Shields.
      Not as pretty as the 'tinsel fairy light' world the Scottish trio inhabit. This is a bit darker. Recommended.

• By Rubin Farr
      Jun
      Archa Theater - Prague, CZECH REPUBLIC

Jun
      Vega - Copenhagen, DENMARK

Jun
      Hultsfred Festival - Sweden

Jun
      Norwegian Wood - Norway

Jul
      Eurockeennes Festival - France

Jul
      T in the Park - Scotland

Jul
      Fuji Rock Festival - Niigata, Japan

Jul
      Valley Rock Festival - Ansan Daebu Island, Korea

Aug
      OFF Festival - Poland

Aug
      Arena - Vienna, Austria

Aug
      Terraneo Festival - ibenik, Croatia

Aug
      Flow Festival 2013 - Helsinki, Finland

Aug
      Austin Music Hall - Austin, Texas

Aug
      Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie - Dallas, Texas

Aug
      Ogden Theatre - Denver, CO

Aug
      WaMu Theatre - Seattle, WA

Aug
      Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - San Francisco

Aug
      FYF Festival - Los Angeles

Aug
      Electric Picnic Festival - Co. Laois, Ireland

Sep
      Live Music Hall - Cologne, Germany

Sep
      Berlin - Berlin Festival, Germany

Sep
      Tonhalle - Munich, Germany

Oct
      Rockhal - Luxembourg

Oct
      Eindhoven - Effenaar - HOLLAND

Nov
      Aeronef - Lille, France
    • Guest Aces
      By Guest Aces
      Hello, I am really in a pickle money wise so I have to sell some vinyl.

I am selling:

Autechre - Exai (Warplp234)

I have only skipped through these to see how it sounded. I have the digital so I can let this go without feeling too bad. I still have the original stickers and download code card in case that matters to you. I know these are still selling on bleep new and on discogs they are selling from £26 and up. I will accept under that and I won't charge extra for the postage.

My Bloody Valentine - MBV (mbv lp 01)

I don't think I've even taken this out of it's sleeve. I've not even listened to the cd. I've got the digital so it's no bother! There are couple of minor blemishes on the sleeve due to the ridiculous packaging they were mailed out in, however they are VERY minor! I know it probably isn't worth much but. these are selling on discogs from £16 and up. I would probably accept under that also.

David Lynch & Alan R. Splet - Erasherhead Soundtrack (SBR-3008, SBR-3008b)

This is from the second batch of represses they did, I snapped it up as soon as I saw it (Sometimes the annoying amount of Boomkat e-mails I get are useful!) Again, because this came with digital I don't think I've even played this one. I might have the 7" that comes with it once though. Anyway, all of the art cards and stuff that came with are still there, the 7" is also there. These are selling on discogs for £25 and up.

Autechre - Draft 7.30 (warplp 111)

This is probably the most valuable of the bunch. There is a little blemish on the sleeve on the back and a couple of the front but other than that it's really, not bad considering it's done the rounds for ten years (Give or take...) now. the vinyl and the inner sleeves are in very good condition as well, there are a couple of light scuff marks on side 2.0. They don't affect play back though. These are at £42 and up on discogs, I'd be willing to undercut that by a decent amount.

http://imgur.com/a/CCjWM

Please PM or leave a message here if you are interested in any of these.

I also have a shitload of jungle and hardcore vinyl. I will take some time to list but I will do it if you are interested, let me know.

Thanks for taking the time read all this.