IGNORED

Live 10

bendish

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been putting it under moderate stress use during the RPM challenge, can confirm so far its lovely.

Have they improved audio editing in arrange view yet? I've been back on Pro Tools for the past 18 months on a daily basis for work and I'd forgotten what a fucking dream it is to edit and handle audio in Pro Tools and what a fucking ballache it is in Ableton.  Are shortcuts still locked and uneditable?

My previous lappy was a mid 2009 macbook pro, my Live Suite with M4L opened in less than 30 seconds usually. Maybe it is all those factory packs?

Just read through the boot log, it's definitely the Factory packs taking the bulk of the load time:

3 mins scanning the packs

1 min instantiating Max

1 min loading the library database

30 secs loading the default template

My previous lappy was a mid 2009 macbook pro, my Live Suite with M4L opened in less than 30 seconds usually. Maybe it is all those factory packs?

Just read through the boot log, it's definitely the Factory packs taking the bulk of the load time:

3 mins scanning the packs

1 min instantiating Max

1 min loading the library database

30 secs loading the default template

Do you have a SSD or a regular hard drive? It's definitely worth it to upgrade if it's a hard drive and not soldered to the motherboard.

Do you have a SSD or a regular hard drive?

Neither and both ! Ableton itself is on my main drive of which I've an SSHD (hybrid spinning drive with frequently accessed files (eg. the OS) getting automagically moved to the SSD partition) but I've migrated the Factory Packs to an external USB3.0 spinning drive as was running low on disk space ....

Well it's definitely tied to the size of your Ableton installation. An SSD will definitely help, but probably it will still take some time to open it up if Ableton needs to process the stuff somehow (can't imagine why though).

• 1 month later...

Do you have a SSD or a regular hard drive?

Neither and both ! Ableton itself is on my main drive of which I've an SSHD (hybrid spinning drive with frequently accessed files (eg. the OS) getting automagically moved to the SSD partition) but I've migrated the Factory Packs to an external USB3.0 spinning drive as was running low on disk space ....

having those factory packs on an external USB drive will likely be a massive bottleneck for you man. Even if you had an SSD in a USB3 enclosure, it'd still likely be pretty damn slow :(

If you're not already sold on Live10, this vid will seal the deal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3UlKCqtZrc

Superb! :duckhunt:

Ha, typical day in the gocab studios

its the out of time metronome throughout most of it that i love. i might try and make a tune incorporating the ableton metronome swung so hard its almost out of time. 

its the out of time metronome throughout most of it that i love. i might try and make a tune incorporating the ableton metronome swung so hard its almost out of time. 

the phased comb filter thing near the beginning always gets me. and the quick blast of reggae horn.

I actually had to wipe away a tear the first time I watched it.  I don't even know why it's so funny.  It just hits every nerve for me, start to finish.  

*credit to Goiter Sanchez for posting it on my wall.

It was pretty damned funny the first time it was posted ITT right after Live 10 came out, but it's not quite as bad as it should've been for a shred-style video. Starts strong but sort of loses its heart and soul. Great premise, would consider a sequel or a reboot in a few years. Audio production was almost too good at times. Maybe a new script would've propelled it past the basics, or even some slight visual jokery (a slyly edited-in gag or two could've worked wonders). You can almost tell this is the director's first real work, and though they've tried, their ego got in the way. This is YouTube Memetown, not Cannes. 7/10. Wouldn't watch more than twice.

I thought the fact the production was kind of good made it funnier than it would have been otherwise.  I think that's precisely what makes it hit as hard as it does for me.  I've seen too many shred vids that are deliberately as sloppy as possible.  That's been overplayed.  This is fresh.

Archived