IGNORED

Live 10

bendish

Don't think I've noticed any increase in CPU usage from Ableton 9 -> 10. Initial boot time yep (though think it's a result of it getting close to my RAM limits and a swap file is kicking in, plus the Max loading), but everything post-the load was just as before ...

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

anyone recomend fav mfl apps?

currently enjoying the bundled sequencer...randomising patterns followed by scale snap is fun

randomise device is also fun

one thing id love is to be able to edit the waveform in the clip editor...would save time and faff moving over to the arrange page

damn really hoped they had fixed this in 10. it's basically the only thing stopping me from using clip view more. i just think the audio clips in this mode are a bit limited. it would be infinitely better if the audio clip slots could be double clicked and it shows a basic single audio track where you can re-arrange to your heart's delight without needing to consolidate or anything.

inshallah 10.5

• 2 weeks later...

guess its just me then

one thing id love is to be able to edit the waveform in the clip editor...would save time and faff moving over to the arrange page

Big time. ^that and scroll wheel/track pad zooming anywhere.

: / I thought ableton 10 gives you the ability to zoom in with the trackpad? Half the reason I was interested in getting it 

I'm guessing you don't mean these ones: https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/

: / I thought ableton 10 gives you the ability to zoom in with the trackpad? Half the reason I was interested in getting it

It does, you just have to remember to press the CTRL modifier when using the trackpad/mousewheel to zoom in & out horizontally, or where you can also zoom in vertically (e.g. a track in Arrangement view) the ALT modifier

I've noticed my CPU usage has increased as well... might be all of those M4L LFOs that I am using, though. They're incredibly fun to use and you can route them to anything  :w00t:

• 7 months later...

Wow, that's promising.

Now I just have to find a way to get the Max4Live licence I bought when using Live 9 to work with my Live 10 copy. One could think it'd be easy... but it's not :S

One could think it'd be easy... but it's not :S

Aye it is...

Max for Live is included with Live 10 Suite, but can be purchased as an add-on for Live 10 Standard as well. If you upgraded from Live 9 Standard to Live 10 Standard and already own a license for Max for Live, or have purchased Max for Live as an addition to your Live 10 Standard license, you can activate your license of Max for Live by going to Live's Preference's > Licenses/Maintenance tab and clicking "Authorize at Ableton.com". You will then be able to use Max for Live devices and instruments in Live.

At this point you could even uninstall Max 7, as Live 10 will use the bundled version of Max instead.

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000036850-Max-for-Live-in-Live-10

Archived