IGNORED

Live 10

bendish

Thank you! I'm afraid I have to contact Ableton's support though as my M4L licence doesn't appear in my account nor when I launch Live.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to using this Signal thingie, it might totally suppress the temptation to switch to Bitwig.

That new add-on should make production in Live much more enjoyable as I learn Loomer's Architect and TidalCycles (am equally enthusiast to use both).

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[try and] Ignore the wubwubstep, but there's a new m4l device for Ableton that is gonna add a lot of Bitwig-esque modulation tools:

Who is making this?

It's a little expensive

You can say that again ... 60 quid for a user friendly interface wrapped around the M4L Live API ... Ouch!

I'm sure it took a lot of effort to build and I'm glad someone put in that effort, but still ...

Expensive, but possibly so useful and quite a timesaver (for my workflow at least). Trying to sort out my M4L licence hiccups with Ableton then might definitely buy Signal. They got me at audio rate modulation, (allegedly) proper DPC and almost unlimited mapping.

Thanks!

I don't think it's that expensive if you consider how much time must have gone into developing and creating all these devices, writing documentation and then having to offer updates and support for a while which isotonik are pretty good at in my experience and then you have to take into account the relatively small market for this.

Theres just too much need for clicking around

Software developers need to develop instruments that dont require expensive midi interfaces or programming to get that organic playable feel

Trackers were waaaaaay ahead of their time

a subscription service

Ugh no definitely not, I don't want to stop being able to use an application just because I can't cough up the funds for that particular month/year. The way I got a decent deal was getting a MIDI controller that had a free copy of Ableton Live Intro, then later bought an upgrade from Intro -> Suite during one of their annual 33% off sales (or it might've been a sale when A9 was just announced so you could buy A8 at a discounted rate and then get a free update when the new one was released)

Why don't they make Live 10 a subscription service because the price is ridiculously high?!?!?

Fuck that so hard. I’m not paying monthly for any software. Give me something I can buy outright and use whenever I want in perpetuity. Charge me for updates if you want Idgaf. But I’m never pulling an Adobe and “subscribing” to a DAW.

May well break things but I imagine so, any m4l device is editable within max as far as I'm aware (that's why you generally don't get demo devices (except specifically created ones with modules removed) as it's so open)

May well break things but I imagine so, any m4l device is editable within max as far as I'm aware (that's why you generally don't get demo devices (except specifically created ones with modules removed) as it's so open)

i hope it does cause id buy, if for nothing else, to learn more about max/msp

I've never experienced a m4l device that was locked in any kind of way either free or commercial. Can highly recommend this book if you want to dig in deeper, it has helped me a lot: https://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Music-Sound-Design-Practice/dp/8899212023

I've never experienced a m4l device that was locked in any kind of way either free or commercial. Can highly recommend this book if you want to dig in deeper, it has helped me a lot: https://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Music-Sound-Design-Practice/dp/8899212023

Heh yes! I have it and itz great! Just started with it

It's a little expensive

You can say that again ... 60 quid for a user friendly interface wrapped around the M4L Live API ... Ouch!

I'm sure it took a lot of effort to build and I'm glad someone put in that effort, but still ...

> user friendly interface

> max

try again sweaty ;p

User friendly interface WRAPPED AROUND m4l

sweaty ;p

Not sure if they've done some cunning copy protection shenanigans or the patch expands to more RAM than I have (8Gig) but trying to unfreeze the patch in Ableton or loading a patch directly in my standalone version of Max 8 causes the respective program to completely lock up ...

Not sure if they've done some cunning copy protection shenanigans or the patch expands to more RAM than I have (8Gig) but trying to unfreeze the patch in Ableton or loading a patch directly in my standalone version of Max 8 causes the respective program to completely lock up ...

:( in that case not sure im gonna buy it

Archived