IGNORED

Live 10

bendish

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:( in that case not sure im gonna buy it

I doubt it would've been the best way to learn Max anyway - I suspect (certainly from the size of the .amxd) it's subpatches full of subpatches full of subpatches (all the way down). It'd be kinda like learning C++ from looking at the source code of an entire operating system ! Probably best to stick to that book :)

:( in that case not sure im gonna buy it

I doubt it would've been the best way to learn Max anyway - I suspect (certainly from the size of the .amxd) it's subpatches full of subpatches full of subpatches (all the way down). It'd be kinda like learning C++ from looking at the source code of an entire operating system ! Probably best to stick to that book :)

Yes, youre prob right! Im gonna stick to the book. Second book is even interesting based on table of content

I have that new one, but haven't had the time to read it yet. Very clearly phrased and presented though, and might as well be quite useful to learn some other musical language (Loomer Architect being the one I'm the most interested in).

A big tiny change in 10.1:

Automation

It is now possible to edit the value of an automation breakpoint or segment using a context menu and keyboard. While hovering over a breakpoint or segment, right-click and press the new "Edit Value" context menu item to make the automation value box editable. Enter a new value and confirm the entry either by deselecting the value display box or hitting the Enter key.

https://www.ableton.com/en/release-notes/live-10-beta/

I'd like to think my tweet last month was just a coincidence ...

Plus [finally!] VST3 support :)

Video on the changes:

• 3 months later...

Ah, thought this was gonna have the cv tools as well but that' s another release away I guess? The user wavetables and automation enhancements seem to be the best additions at first glance (saying this based purely on reading the specs, haven't tried anything yet). Also look forward to trying out the channel eq. 

Ah, thought this was gonna have the cv tools as well but that' s another release away I guess? The user wavetables and automation enhancements seem to be the best additions at first glance (saying this based purely on reading the specs, haven't tried anything yet). Also look forward to trying out the channel eq. 

Ohhh, the improved keyboard shortcuts look good as well. For anyone on mac that's got a some spare midi controller buttons I can highly recommend the free MidiStroke to map keystrokes to midi commands so you can zoom through ableton with a bunch on buttons, I set up the hide/unhide plugins, toggle device/clip view and a couple of others and it ends up saving quite some time and also feels quite nice and smooth (like shaved balls perhaps).    

I'd like to upgrade to M4L version, but I'm not sure it's worth another two hundred fucking dollars.

Even if you don't build in M4L yourself (though you could, if only because of the BEAP virtual modular synth) it's very useful because of all the M4L devices out there you can download.

There's all sorts of useful utilities and sequencers you can play with.

Envelope followers and LFOs are especially useful - you can use them to automate other parameters in Live, even VST parameters.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 2:51 AM, auxien said:

Sale for like a week in case anyone is thinking of buying/upgrading

Fuuuck missed it. ?

I will buy it sooner or later for the M4L and ability to make tracks hierarchy and probably a lot more stuff that I was not aware of.

Archived