IGNORED

will richard put out a good record ever again?

But then again our collective expectations for new aphex twin releases are just way unrealistic. We expect him to carry the torch from our favorite aspects of almost every major release of his and create next level shit every time. Seems like we all have our own wish list for him as if hes our musical servent lol... Not gonna lie, mine is for him to make the euphoric stuff.. emotional and epic melodies over accessible progressions again like the AB1 days or some stuff from icbyd / rdj album. I just wonder if he actually put that out, would i be a spoiled brat and say this is cool but ugghh i really want him to make sosw 2? Cuz really we all just want him to make every album of his 100 more times is what it is i think. Because he's just that fucking good.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Syro is a really good album and in some ways, phenomenal. But it doesnt satisfy me in the way his earlier work does.

he has such a wide style palette that as the fan base grows, it becomes impossible to please everyone.

i'm not trying to imply anything on a personal level, but i think nostalgia and emotional association can play a key role in whether people "love" a release or not.

yet the magic is still there. everyone wanted to hear studio versions of manchester and metz for so long ffs, why people can't appreciate each release for what they are?

it's just a pretty fuckin lush aphex lp from 2014. idk, maybe as the years go by the levels of collective affection for it will grow, as it happened with drukqs.

Syro is a really good album and in some ways, phenomenal. But it doesnt satisfy me in the way his earlier work does.

he has such a wide style palette that as the fan base grows, it becomes impossible to please everyone.

i'm not trying to imply anything on a personal level, but i think nostalgia and emotional association can play a key role in whether people "love" a release or not.

yet the magic is still there. everyone wanted to hear studio versions of manchester and metz for so long ffs, why people can't appreciate each release for what they are?

it's just a pretty fuckin lush aphex lp from 2014. idk, maybe as the years go by the levels of collective affection for it will grow, as it happened with drukqs.

yes this, probably

for some reason I love discovering pre-existing music more than music that has only now been released 

he has pt out good stuff, just the same as back in the day when he released the so called albums you think hit you more, it's a mixture of your emotions and perspective. You have gotten older, matured, somewhat clinging to the past?? Personally it is very rare for me to like a whole album from any artist, with the exception of Pink floyd's the wall, it is superb - how it is put together, whilst many others much prefer wish you were here and DSOTM etc etc. Afx has put out fantastic tunes, Analords being his pinnacle for me, SAW 85-92 being a classic, The tuss tunes epic. It's your state of mind. The only recent release i wasn't much into was dejay selek. Syro is a great album, some tracks i am not into but most are strong and quite unique. He has more good stuff to come ;)

• 3 weeks later...

also, I havent seen u post in years wurst.. i thought u went dead after u asked me about the owls!

For me, not much interesting is happening on the IDM side of life. Also, RL.

RDJ is not innovating, my personal thing. Ae do interesting things still.. but not enough. Also less interest in Tom Js latest stuff.

It just points out that you're an overly self-conscious dork that constantly attempts to distance yourself from being an aphex fanatic despite actually being one yourself.

and that's two(!) warning points baby girl. the danger is real.

Archived