IGNORED

VHS Head tracks that aren't on his official releases

dr lopez

am i right in thinking that there are only three VHS tracks released that didn't appear on his albums or EPs? And then there are two remixes

https://youtu.be/zQJnMFk0NM4

and then the julia taxi remix:

and the polysex one:

https://principlesofgeometry.bandcamp.com/track/polysex-vhs-head-remix

they are all great tracks (save maybe the last one)

any others lurking out there? 

That looks about right to me. He's go the live versions tracks he's put out on EPs and albums (which are brilliant, and every time I see him I nag him to archive them so they don't get lost to an Octratrack crash or something), but of course they're not out there at the moment.

wow cool would be nice to hear them because i bet about 99.9% of his fans *don't* live in blackpool or wherever he plays

I think he’s played as far out as Europe, but mostly sticks to UK based venues. Cost and risk stuff I suppose. I know Cygnus had all his gear stolen when he flew to/from Germany fairly recently. Then there’s the inevitable issues with venues not paying, being completely disorganised, etc.

I don’t really blame anyone for not venturing too far from home when gigging, as much as it sucks for fans.

If I ever get wind of something I can talk about publicly, I’ll keep the watemms updated fo sho

Yeah VHS goes into my category of things i've accepted i'll never get to experience

I think he’s also been super busy with his day job too. Last gig I know of was a night put on by Upitup Records in Liverpool, with Team Doyobi, Cygnus, Skeksi, The Wyrding Module. That was Oct 2016. So it’s been a while.

There are a couple of AFAIK-unreleased remixes including 2 "VHS Head MTV2 Remixes" (Underworld - Push Upstairs and Hexstatic - Bassinvader) on something he did called the MethLab Mix a while back (the whole thing bumps, it's a mix of these, Sarah Eat Neon tracks and other miscellany).

Also the intro track to this shorter mix is fucking dope, samples the 'chre's clipper and Tears for Fears -

I also have a webrip of a track of his called "Netaudio Commission" that's pretty good too

The Bleep Mix I have that came with the last CD has a few 'remixes' I guess, probably all from his releases (I'm not familiar enough with his earlier stuff. Crucify me, I know.) though I think at least that first track video up there is on it? I'm assuming everyone here already has that mix at least.

i have nothing to add other than to say sweet thread and vhs head is so completely lush

if you reverse VHS Head and put an L between VHS and Head, you get

daeH L SHV

If you then rearrange this a bit, you get

L VSH deaH

which, if you say it out loud, sounds a lot like you're saying "Lush, dear".

Quite.

There are a couple of AFAIK-unreleased remixes including 2 "VHS Head MTV2 Remixes" (Underworld - Push Upstairs and Hexstatic - Bassinvader) on something he did called the MethLab Mix a while back (the whole thing bumps, it's a mix of these, Sarah Eat Neon tracks and other miscellany).

Also the intro track to this shorter mix is fucking dope, samples the 'chre's clipper and Tears for Fears -

I also have a webrip of a track of his called "Netaudio Commission" that's pretty good too

lvsh

oscillik - do you know if he is working on a new release at the moment?

He’s been teasing little snippets on Twitter and Instagram. But unless a miracle happens, what with all the vinyl pressing delays, I doubt we’ll see anything this year.

I saw him at the Kazamier in Liverpool a couple of years back (again through Upitup) on the same bill as Datassette and Ceephax. Quite a memorable evening.

Yeah I was there for that, that gig got me interested in Datassette. Fucking awesome night that was.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived