IGNORED

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard giving new album masters away for free

Rubin Farr

This makes me wish I liked this band more.

Yeah. Maybe I'm being unfair in not trying because I'm just so over pysch rock revival. I mean, a lot of it's good and all, I'm just snobby and into weirder and heavier stuff. Once you've seen Acid Mothers Temple 10 years ago everything else seems a little tame.

I like actual gizzards fried quite a lot though.

Yeah it's kind of funny, I was listening to stuff like this years ago and now I prefer metal. In 10 more years will I only listen to harsh pink noise at 110dB? 

yes

giphy.gif

Their catalogue is a delight, it's all over the place! The album Rattlesnake is from is killer, it's all based on microtonally altered instruments 

That sounds like something I'll enjoy. And it seems like my favorite musicians have deep discographies that are stylistically diverse (Devin Townsend and Richard in particular) so if the "all over the place" statement holds any truth I'm probably gonna enjoy most of the journey. 

So far I'm really digging the title track, Loyalty, Tetrachromacy and The Fourth Colour.

This makes me wish I liked this band more.

Yeah. Maybe I'm being unfair in not trying because I'm just so over pysch rock revival. I mean, a lot of it's good and all, I'm just snobby and into weirder and heavier stuff. Once you've seen Acid Mothers Temple 10 years ago everything else seems a little tame.

I like actual gizzards fried quite a lot though.

Yeah it's kind of funny, I was listening to stuff like this years ago and now I prefer metal. In 10 more years will I only listen to harsh pink noise at 110dB?

yes

giphy.gif

song of the year 2017

• 2 years later...

This is one of the most perfect song-video combinations I've seen. Heard the Nonagon Infinity album for the first time yesterday, and it kind of blew me away. Also, last song loops around to the first, to play on into infinity. Indie-psyche-prog-metal masterpiece, if ever there was one.

Archived