IGNORED

Synth Repair UK

11ls

Hi all - I've got a MC202 & SH101 in need of some TLC.   I had good feedback about James Walker based in Stoke and spoke to him earlier in the year but he said he was busy until August and to try then.  I did try a few times  but can't get hold of him, his voice mail box is full apparently and he's not answering emails.   Does anyone have any recommendations for a good UK-based synth repair/servicing company?

Hi all - I've got a MC202 & SH101 in need of some TLC. I had good feedback about James Walker based in Stoke and spoke to him earlier in the year but he said he was busy until August and to try then. I did try a few times but can't get hold of him, his voice mail box is full apparently and he's not answering emails. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good UK-based synth repair/servicing company?

James is awesome, he fixed up my 909 when the switches went bad.

Guest Agent1394

Din Sync in Sweden i found really reasonably priced too, i know its not the UK but its only over a bit of water and round a few corners.  I need to sort my 202 out too

Thanks for the responses, I've also just been recommended a place in Bristol called Emis - anyone had any experience with them?

Oscillik - yeah everyone I know who's dealt with him rates James very highly - that's maybe why he's so busy.  Was it a while ago you had your 909 fixed?

Oscillik - yeah everyone I know who's dealt with him rates James very highly - that's maybe why he's so busy.  Was it a while ago you had your 909 fixed?

Yeah this was back in 2007 or 2008. He was fairly busy back then too, but not to the point where I couldn't get my stuff seen by him!

It's a good thing though - not many like him around. I'm glad he's still getting loads of business.

Update: Spoke to Andy at EMIS, Bristol.  Seems like a go-er.  I'll feedback here when it's done for the benefit of others.  Cheers guys!

Hey - just a follow up to say Andy was great. Sorted out the 202 in really timely fashion for a reasonable price.  I'll be sending my 101 to him for a full service and small fix (filter tracking) in the new year for sure. 

i need to get my 101 fully serviced and cleaned, also my 202 modded for proper cv...how much we talking roughly in watmm's opinion?

He quoted me £70 + courier + parts for the 202 and same for the 101 which seems fine to me but I've only had a few previous experiences to compare this with.  Regarding the cv mod - I had Kenton do it to my 202 a few years ago - I believe the price was about £100 fitted (plus couriers) but I know they sold it as a kit if you're handy with that kind of thing.

Archived