IGNORED

Foamek - On Doing/Being Ordinary (Recycled Plastics)

Extralife

i've been through this album 3 times since the release email came in. proper stuff

the new akrenaut title on Recycled Plastics is also quality...

oh my! I'm enjoying the akrenaut release even more! :music:

https://recycledplastics.bandcamp.com/album/dim-sokette

i've been through this album 3 times since the release email came in. proper stuff

the new akrenaut title on Recycled Plastics is also quality...

oh my! I'm enjoying the akrenaut release even more! :music:

https://recycledplastics.bandcamp.com/album/dim-sokette

Something about these "anonymous" releases on this label that are pure gold.  Ever listen to Edith Keeler - Harness?  Killer album.

Something about these "anonymous" releases on this label that are pure gold.  Ever listen to Edith Keeler - Harness?  Killer album.

i saw that mentioned in the akrenaut blurb. i'll have to check it later

Hello there everyone! Thanks for the listening and kindness! 

We're beyond excited to have Foamek's new record in our catalog, and the Dim Sokette album, well, that's just a total gem. 

To be fair - I can admit that I *do* know who is behind Dim Sokette, unlike the provenance of the Edith Keeler album. I'm just...sworn to secrecy and all that. 

Basically, and I've done this myself in the past too, a lot of artists get to a point where they want to say something without having to follow through on it after the fact. The act of creating something and then just letting it loose into the public consciousness, watching what it does and where it goes all by itself, there's something inherently rewarding about doing that. 

I don't think it's that foreign of an idea either. RDJ's done it, with Brad Strider and The Tuss, even though he admitted to the work later. AE have this kind of outlet in their participation with Gescom. Squarepusher's Shobaleader band are supposedly well-known musicians in their own right, and either for personal or contractual reasons keep their identities secret. There's a lot of artistic and philosophical "pluses" for doing things anonymously. 

In short, I'm glad that my imprint can be a playground for those kinds of ideas. 

Archived