IGNORED

Folklore Tapes - Calendar Customs Box Set

fumi

FTCC-BOXre.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&h=100

This set comprises of the four tapes released some while back. If you need it on vinyl, here it is.

four twelve-inch vinyl records containing thirty-eight tracks 

• includes the releases Merry May, Crown of Light (Midsummer Traditions and Folklore), Fore Hallowe’en, Midwinter Rites and Revelries 
• researched and executed by fifteen artists over a two year period (2014–2016) 
• forty-page booklet comprising illustrations, research notes and an in-depth calendar customs essay by Jez Winship 
• also includes a set of four postcards featuring original artwork by David Chatton Barker, a unique photogram print and download code
• held by a hand-numbered and stamped litho-print box 
• limited edition of 250

£62

Again, they had to delete the Children of Alice tracks.

They weren't on the tapes so they were never going to be on these vinyl reissues.

what do you mean? the last children of alice album was basically comprised of the tracks from these albums

There

They weren't on the tapes so they were never going to be on these vinyl reissues.

what do you mean? the last children of alice album was basically comprised of the tracks from these albums

I think he was referring to the track that got swapped out on the Ornithology Tape. I well aware that Children Of Alice feature heavily on the tapes. I bought all the custom calendar tapes as they were originally released.

Actually, Rubin is correct. When these tapes were first issued, Children Of Alice featured on them. These vinyls are in a way abbreviated because all the COA stuff has been removed. Even more reason not to buy it - they don't reflect the original tapes.

I know they were all collected together on the COA debut album but it's sort of disingenuous for Folklore Tapes to reissue this stuff on vinyl because people will think they're getting the same tracks as the original tapes but they're not.

There

I think he was referring to the track that got swapped out on the Ornithology Tape. I well aware that Children Of Alice feature heavily on the tapes. I bought all the custom calendar tapes as they were originally released.

the track you are talking about is on the ornithology album which is part of the devon folklore tapes. that's different from the calendar customs tapes.

There

the track you are talking about is on the ornithology album which is part of the devon folklore tapes. that's different from the calendar customs tapes.

Yes, I know. I just assumed that was what he was referring to - I only understood what he meant when I looked at the vinyl track listing for these new issues. Basically, COA removed themselves entirely from DFT sometime during 2016 when they signed over to Warp.

Archived