IGNORED

:zoviet*france: Appreciation thread

YangYing

Big fan. Not much else to add to what's been said already except to look up their live recordings too as they are most often worth it.

aye, got to this list trough youtube comments.. is mindblowing

Edited by MIXL2

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to remember that one of the best resources for reviews and comments about the z*f albums was over at progarchives.com. but yes a full guide would be excellent. I know there are a few members on here that would be up to the task, i imagine it would become quite difficult to keep track of what is probably dozens of hours of similarly gnomic and ephemeral ambient..

Agreed!I suppose it would be nice to kind of have a flow chart sort of thing to direct your listening to a specific flavor as I believe there is an evolution in the sound palate as the albums progress. Obviously it would be pretty subjective as you'd have to classify things by sub-genres etc but there should be some pretty objective indicators if the style changes over time. I am rambling.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Holy hell guys its finally happening. ZF early back catalogue (82-87) is being reissues as a 15 LP boxset by Vinyl On Demand. Preorder's up in mid june, should cost a pretty penny. Just enough time to plan to prostitute your children or rob a bank.

spacer.png

Edited by kichiguy

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, nikisoko said:

is there something in that FB post that says how to preorder? i dont understand and also dont have an FB account

people appear to be doing it the comments, but id guess you can email? idk

edit: here is contact info under their webpage

https://www.vod-records.com/Contact_Info-1-16.htm

if anyone here does get their hands on this pics are mandatory!

Edited by MIXL2

• 2 weeks later...

They will be released individually as well. Frank has gotten swamped in orders when pre-ordering wasn't available.
He said he had never that much pre-preorders for any other release. Someone can see the demand for these releases and looking at the 2nd hand market for the earliest stuff this is no wonder at all.

As far as I recall, individual releases are coming up in September. 

Thank you!

Yeah I emailed to pre-pre order Mohnomishe and Eostre. I almost bought an original press of Mohn off eBay a while back and it got to about £200 I think.madness.

The question is, which of these represses are the most essential purchases if buying individually?

On 6/29/2019 at 11:20 AM, Polytrix said:

Thank you!

Yeah I emailed to pre-pre order Mohnomishe and Eostre. I almost bought an original press of Mohn off eBay a while back and it got to about £200 I think.madness.

The question is, which of these represses are the most essential purchases if buying individually?

Couldn't pull the trigger on the box set. That price tag with shipping and customs to the East was too much for life circumstances atm. I personally think I'll have to order Mohno, Eostre, Assault and Loh Land. Possibly Popular Songs...