YangYing

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, danshoebridge said:

Will probably pick up Shouting at the ground, any other recommendations from this current batch? I'm not too familiar with this half of their discography.

Shadow, Thief Of The Sun. Worth it for Come Infinite alone. 

On 9/13/2020 at 11:20 PM, danshoebridge said:

Will probably pick up Shouting at the ground, any other recommendations from this current batch? I'm not too familiar with this half of their discography.

I picked up Shouting, Shadow, Look Into Me, What Is Not True and Collusion myself. Had to be done.

On 9/13/2020 at 6:50 PM, danshoebridge said:

Look Into Me, similar vibe to Misfits.. and Gesture...

Shadow Thief of the Sun and Just an Illusion are excellent (and I believe are Robin Storey solo works)

I'm quite excited to hear these 2 previously unreleased albums, i think some of Russian Heterodoxical Songs has been played on the duck in a tree podcast but its mostly a mystery.

I'm guessing 'The End of Nothing, The Beginning of Everything' is just a new title for 'Music For A Spaghetti Western'

Edited by Key

On 9/18/2020 at 12:02 PM, Key said:

Look Into Me, similar vibe to Misfits.. and Gesture...

Shadow Thief of the Sun and Just an Illusion are excellent (and I believe are Robin Storey solo works)

I'm quite excited to hear these 2 previously unreleased albums, i think some of Russian Heterodoxical Songs has been played on the duck in a tree podcast but its mostly a mystery.

I'm guessing 'The End of Nothing, The Beginning of Everything' is just a new title for 'Music For A Spaghetti Western'

May I ask where you got your info re Shadow being a pre-rapoon solo production from Storey? Also, about The End Of Nothing not being complete new unreleased works?

17 hours ago, kichiguy said:

May I ask where you got your info re Shadow being a pre-rapoon solo production from Storey? Also, about The End Of Nothing not being complete new unreleased 

image.png.5e53ede4690bbc8eb9574bcf57ccc5c9.png

I remember reading it on here (This thread) but not sure of the true source, maybe a Storey interview. 

When VOD originally put up the info for the box earlier on this year, it was different; there were less LPs and LP1 was named Music For A Spaghetti Western. They only changed it later on. It only ever saw a bootleg release anyway and its very good so I am happy if it is. Still, could be something totally unheard as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got some of my order today. Cursory spin, 'The End of Nothing...' does seem to be a re-edited version of '...Spaghetti Western.' And it sounds fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the folks that recommended Shadow thief of the sun, arrived last week and it's definitely the sort of ZF album I'm into.

Will probably pick up one more from the new batch, any others similar to this?

No money for the full boxset so I just ordered Shadow, thief of the sun / Look into me / Collusion / Further collusion from Souffle Continu in Paris. Boxset is still available if someone's looking for it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There will a 3rd boxset planned for Oct... 

VOD172: ZOVIET FRANCE Châsse Vol. 3 16Lp Wooden Box (ltd. 500 plus 99 artists-editions in special colored Vinyl plus 8 x Stand Alone Releases (ltd. 300 each)
VOD 172 1/2 in.version (1996) 2LP – first time on vinyl
VOD 172 3/4 Digilogue (1996) 2LP – first time on vinyl for the original expanded CD release
VOD 172 5/6 Feedback (Mort aux vaches) (1998) 2LP – first time on vinyl
VOD 172 7/8 The Decriminalisation of Country Music (2000) 2LP – first time on vinyl, including additional unreleased recordings
VOD 172 9/10 A Long Walk (2011) 2LP – first physical release
VOD 172 11/12 7.10.12 (2012) 2LP
VOD 172 13/14 The Tables Are Turning (2013) 2LP – including additional unreleased recordings
VOD 172 15/16 A Third Collusion (new) 2LP - tracks from compilations, first time on vinyl

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 1/31/2021 at 11:36 AM, subsub said:

There will a 3rd boxset planned for Oct... 

VOD172: ZOVIET FRANCE Châsse Vol. 3 16Lp Wooden Box (ltd. 500 plus 99 artists-editions in special colored Vinyl plus 8 x Stand Alone Releases (ltd. 300 each)
VOD 172 1/2 in.version (1996) 2LP – first time on vinyl
VOD 172 3/4 Digilogue (1996) 2LP – first time on vinyl for the original expanded CD release
VOD 172 5/6 Feedback (Mort aux vaches) (1998) 2LP – first time on vinyl
VOD 172 7/8 The Decriminalisation of Country Music (2000) 2LP – first time on vinyl, including additional unreleased recordings
VOD 172 9/10 A Long Walk (2011) 2LP – first physical release
VOD 172 11/12 7.10.12 (2012) 2LP
VOD 172 13/14 The Tables Are Turning (2013) 2LP – including additional unreleased recordings
VOD 172 15/16 A Third Collusion (new) 2LP - tracks from compilations, first time on vinyl

now on bleep

https://bleep.com/release/296524-zoviet-france-zoviet-france-bundle 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Been enjoying some of these reissues today. I know everyone considers this to be their weakest period but I'm a massive drone fan anyway.

'A Long Walk' is a live album, its a recording of their 2011 set at Incubate festival  which I hadn't heard before. Nice to have an official live document of later-day z*f

• Like 1