IGNORED

Panda Bear - A Day with the Homies

jules

I received my record and can confirm that the rip does it no justice. Seems like the early rip was done hastily.

I like this EP more and more every time i put it on. The best parts of it to me are the most subtle elements, i find his use of found sound and ambient noise really interesting.

Well your recommendation holds much weight on my book. Going to have to track this one down...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received my record and can confirm that the rip does it no justice. Seems like the early rip was done hastily.

I like this EP more and more every time i put it on. The best parts of it to me are the most subtle elements, i find his use of found sound and ambient noise really interesting.

Well your recommendation holds much weight on my book. Going to have to track this one down...

Oh! That's a lot of pressure! 

It sounds like a less depressed version of Person Pitch to me, if you liked that record i think you'll enjoy this. I haven't been this excited about a Panda Bear recording since the early Tomboy singles before Sonic Boom mastered them for the LP.

I just listened to the record on headphones and noticed it sounded blown out like the rip going around online. Maybe this just isn't a good headphone record and the rip is more accurate than i thought. On my modest speakers the record sounds great, it sounds like it was mastered hot but it totally works. 

I really like the tracks Part of the Math and Sunset. The rest is still waiting to click, and I haven’t had a “holy shit” moment like I did with Boys Latin yet. But it’s not as bad as I thought it was going to be after reading the title and the lyrics.

I really like the tracks Part of the Math and Sunset. The rest is still waiting to click, and I haven’t had a “holy shit” moment like I did with Boys Latin yet. But it’s not as bad as I thought it was going to be after reading the title and the lyrics.

After so many years of closely following Panda Bear the title and lyrics didn't even phase me. His lyrics always came off as playfully overt and dumb to me, but in an endearing way. His first record was called Soccer Star.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived