IGNORED

How much time do you spend not computing/not on the internet (the second time)

cheeseburgerwalrus

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try to leave my laptop at work, and have a standing desk at home like a proper silicon valley freak, so when you combine those tho things, you can't be fucked to go online, it's great as fuck. You get much more done. Also don't have a phone computer.

But alas, needs must and I had to take my laptop home hence now I am glued to it like a proper junky.

i make music or i listen to music or i family or mates or i eat / i make thingy's in the kitchen or tea or sweet or i physical callisthenic (sexual) or i'm in the wood or i'm in the shops or futzing with gear or i'm on ethernet..  or, i'm doing thingy's i don't want to tell you about (mostly I do this).. or i'm masturbation to me mates after I ask them  permission. if they say no, then I don't.     

i make music or i listen to music or i family or mates or i eat / i make thingy's in the kitchen or tea or sweet or i physical callisthenic (sexual) or i'm in the wood or i'm in the shops or futzing with gear or i'm on ethernet..  or, i'm doing thingy's i don't want to tell you about (mostly I do this).. or i'm masturbation to me mates after I ask them  permission. if they say no, then I don't.     

jesus Christ I thought I could write some weird shit....

pull yourself togehtetr Redruth

If it's a day off I try not to stare at this screen for the whole day. I go out for a walk for at least 3hrs. Day before yesterday it was more like 6.

Ofc with a smartphone on me now, it's very easy to pull that out while walking and check this place/email/FB/Discord ugh

There's a meme been going around lately...something like 'we used to say AFK and BRB but no one does that now because we live here, we're always on the internet' and it's a cheesy way to think of it but also it's pretty true, for people my age or so. We transitioned into the internet and now it's everything...I think if you grew up with it being ubiquitous maybe it's not quite the same, at least I imagine it to be a touch different. My assumption though really.

Trying to spend more time away from the internet though and it's working partly. At least the social interaction side of it all. I still spend way too much time browsing through/skimming/reading articles, watching YT videos, shit like that. Not sure if that's better or worse, but seeing social media in the last year I know that I'm (personally) better off without it, for the time being, at least. Completely disconnecting from internet feeds of any sort, even passive browsing, is difficult. That's where everything is...it seems. I know that's false, but...I'm blabbering.

I'm mostly afk when I'm on vacation and it feels good mang.

me too i just stayed afk for a total of 1.5 weeks while visiting home and when i got back my fingers forgot how to type, it was a good feel

spent time on phone tho, next time i have to avoid that shit too

One experiment that I've started preliminary work on, is automating all of my social media stuffs.  Granted, I have like 5 followers on all of them; all of them elderly women in their 90's.  But anyway, one thing that's pretty interesting about automation of internet content, is that it allows you to basically time travel, by condensing future work into the present.  If anything, the modern internet has taught me a lot about time management.

I think one way to not get absolutely disgusted by the internet, is to use it passively, by automating as much as possible.  From a societal point of view, I don't think it's healthy to separate from internet people, if you are choosing to live in a modern society-- basically, refusing new technology outright, is choosing "to be old".  From a general health perspective-- if you get addicted to doing 100% pointless shit on the internet nearly 24/7, you will rot your soul, and then in 30 years you will realize that your main life skill is clicking rapidly on screens.

Nah, but internet is pretty good.  The potential of it is incredible.  What we now know as the internet, is actually the start of the unification of consciousness of humanity.  If you have my phone number, you can send me images, audio, video, documents, news, and communicate with me, 24/7-- information from soul to soul, in almost real time.  That kind of technology previously only existed with telepathy.

Archived