IGNORED

be at ha ve n!

flacid

these are sweet! i really like the simple purity of em, and the production sits somewhere really nice halfway between sounding like COMPUTER MUSIC and live/hardware, to me..

Cheers dude. Not sure what the difference is between computer music and live/hardware?

hah, who knows what i meant. oh..yeah i remember now.. was specifically talking about the production - my awkward way of saying you did a nice job with reverbs and such. i meant "live" as in recorded with microphones in a room, "computer music" as in coming straight out of a plugin. your nice spacious mixing sounds halfway between those extremes. or something!

livejam is good stuff! Simple but energetic and playful, kept me digging it the whole time. 

The three tracks posted a couple days ago are good as well, nice writing and atmosphere on each of them, melodies a la dorsia was my favorite, felt pretty involved. The other two were a touch too SAW1/RDJ album feel for me maybe? Good tracks but seemed a little too close to that sound at first blush. Keep it up dude :)

Yo, cheers man. I know that it's not anything amazing technically but I enjoy making them just as much as I do listening back. If I'm doing something live I normally want to either capture energy and fun (or just experimenting with weird sounds...) As mentioned above, just learning how to do things so will hopefully 'get better' as I practice/learn more. 

Yeah, Dorsia was my favourite too. I agree on the 'lushacid' one but thought that amorous had a slightly different palette. Sometimes you consciously/subconsciously want to make tracks that sound like the music you like :) Thanks for listening and the kind words  :beer:

these are sweet! i really like the simple purity of em, and the production sits somewhere really nice halfway between sounding like COMPUTER MUSIC and live/hardware, to me..

Cheers dude. Not sure what the difference is between computer music and live/hardware?

hah, who knows what i meant. oh..yeah i remember now.. was specifically talking about the production - my awkward way of saying you did a nice job with reverbs and such. i meant "live" as in recorded with microphones in a room, "computer music" as in coming straight out of a plugin. your nice spacious mixing sounds halfway between those extremes. or something!

Ahh, I get what you mean now, cheers! Nothing to special goes into it, just the levels that I like. 

Here's a new one, free download too. 

Hey ...

I dug Colondi , Tokyo Acid  and Lushacid74 on this last one ... getting onto the bandcamp now. That pad or whatever it is in Tokyo is fantastic. 

Will digest it over the next few days 

Thanks dude  :beer: Hope you enjoy. The pad on Tokyo is just a sine wave synth, pretty basic but I agree it sounds nice  :music:

New album out. 20 tracks, all downloadable for free:

[bandcamp width=400 height=472 album=3338455393 size=large bgcol=333333 linkcol=ffffff artwork=small]

All discography (bar the recent IDM compilation) also downloadable for free > https://midievil-records.bandcamp.com

lots of good stuff in here, too much to comment on really. i liked Bibs and the sonatas. you really seem to focus on the composition, which is unique around here. i wanna give all these a closer listen to hear more what you're up to melody-wise.

[bandcamp width=400 height=472 album=3338455393 size=large bgcol=333333 linkcol=ffffff artwork=small]

All discography (bar the recent IDM compilation) also downloadable for free > https://midievil-records.bandcamp.com

lots of good stuff in here, too much to comment on really. i liked Bibs and the sonatas. you really seem to focus on the composition, which is unique around here. i wanna give all these a closer listen to hear more what you're up to melody-wise.

Thanks dude, means a lot as I am trying hard to write better, more 'musical' music. I still need to have more variation ideally in my tracks but I'm getting better at it and am not letting the same melody stretch out for 5-6 minutes like I used too. Also cool to hear that someone likes Bibs, have had no feedback on that one so far. 

What have you been working on recently? Anything in the pipeline? 

Thanks dude, means a lot as I am trying hard to write better, more 'musical' music. I still need to have more variation ideally in my tracks but I'm getting better at it and am not letting the same melody stretch out for 5-6 minutes like I used too. Also cool to hear that someone likes Bibs, have had no feedback on that one so far. 

What have you been working on recently? Anything in the pipeline? 

ah yeah thanks for asking. just posted a song in my YLC thread :)

New album, The Gloom. Darker than usual, really happy with how this has all come together. 

[bandcamp width=350 height=786 album=5238705 size=large bgcol=333333 linkcol=0f91ff]

The Gloom II sounds like something out of a Kubrick horror film mixed with Polygon Window.

Haha, cheers that's a great compliment.  :beer:

Was listening to Hedphelym a lot around the time of making this. 

Love the drum sounds from this well known Autechre gig in Brixton

so wanted to see if I could do something in homage and then twist it into new areas. 

New album, The Gloom. Darker than usual, really happy with how this has all come together. 

[bandcamp width=350 height=786 album=5238705 size=large bgcol=333333 linkcol=0f91ff]

loving the drums in Tilted + the juxtaposition against the pastoral ambience. bought. 

loving the drums in Tilted + the juxtaposition against the pastoral ambience. bought. 

Thank you mate. As always, appreciate you listening and especially buying.  :beer:

Archived