IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

Posted (edited)

50 rotations around our local star on this spinning rock hurtling through space. Birthdays have never been my thing, and today is no different. I did treat myself to a Vermona PERfourMER mk2, so that's nice.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 5

Congratulations anyway! Hope you enjoy your day with some fine tunes and no bad cake.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

In Colonel Abrams' Trapped there are these lines:

I don't really wanna lose you
But I don't want your folks to
Turn me over to the hands of the law

Why are the police after the song protagonist? It's never specified in the song.

25 minutes ago, zkom said:

In Colonel Abrams' Trapped there are these lines:

Why are the police after the song protagonist? It's never specified in the song.

The girl is only 12

• Farnsworth 1

Four Tet playing Sim Gishel at the end of his set in Lollapalooza got me thinking that has IDM been getting some mainstream acceptance lately? I was at a random neighborhood street party last weekend and between old rave tracks the DJ was playing FSOL's Papua New Guinea and Aphex Twin's Polynomial C. And I saw some youngsters in the crowd wearing AFX merch. Just feels like this wouldn't have happened in a Finnish street party in the 90s. Or in the early 2000s.

36 minutes ago, zkom said:

Four Tet playing Sim Gishel at the end of his set in Lollapalooza got me thinking that has IDM been getting some mainstream acceptance lately? I was at a random neighborhood street party last weekend and between old rave tracks the DJ was playing FSOL's Papua New Guinea and Aphex Twin's Polynomial C. And I saw some youngsters in the crowd wearing AFX merch. Just feels like this wouldn't have happened in a Finnish street party in the 90s. Or in the early 2000s.

Well the percentage of virgins have been rising lately so that is a good sign for IDM's popularity.

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, Wunderbar said:

Well the percentage of virgins have been rising lately so that is a good sign for IDM's popularity.

Larger male birth to female birth ratio innit in the sands of time. 

.5 MG of xanax and 1 cider is pretty fucking ideal for getting through some bad news w/o getting all in a rage-ohol mood. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ignatius said:

.5 MG of xanax and 1 cider is pretty fucking ideal for getting through some bad news w/o getting all in a rage-ohol mood. 

That's how they do it down in Somerset. But replace the xanax with a couple of drops of rescue remedy. 

Sorry to hear you have bad news, and great that you didn't let it control you. 

• 3 weeks later...

gf and I occasionally read stories to each other on the phone. yesterday she read me something from one of Andrew Lang's "Fairy Books" called The Little Hare. I think it was a Japanese story? It took a while but the hare, introduced like 90% into the bulk of this thing, turned out to be pure fucking evil and tried to roast another critter alive after gaslighting him. Anyway she looked up the difference between hares and rabbits and it's stark. I edited a few hare photos to get the point across. They'd absolutely pitch any one of us into a fire

c37d41b386c8216a4c789047aed629a62.jpg.82db735beb4a1f76248abfccfa20999b.jpg

56ba768d68b4c64097dcd183b5056e982.jpg.ee9a561c53e9fd505babcedfcf08a707.jpg

a899646ae52e0816005b78bd855efc1e2.jpg.796ef14fdaa10a257c513a2011ad3935.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, luke viia said:

gf and I occasionally read stories to each other on the phone. yesterday she read me something from one of Andrew Lang's "Fairy Books" called The Little Hare. I think it was a Japanese story? It took a while but the hare, introduced like 90% into the bulk of this thing, turned out to be pure fucking evil and tried to roast another critter alive after gaslighting him. Anyway she looked up the difference between hares and rabbits and it's stark. I edited a few hare photos to get the point across. They'd absolutely pitch any one of us into a fire

c37d41b386c8216a4c789047aed629a62.jpg.82db735beb4a1f76248abfccfa20999b.jpg

56ba768d68b4c64097dcd183b5056e982.jpg.ee9a561c53e9fd505babcedfcf08a707.jpg

a899646ae52e0816005b78bd855efc1e2.jpg.796ef14fdaa10a257c513a2011ad3935.jpg

reminds me of the 1st Sin City movie for some reason

This sign's English translation reads like an Oberman Knocks track title

ExKEd.jpeg

Looks like Oasis may be reforming.  I will be buying as many tickets as possible to prevent true fans from seeing them.

• Burger 1
  • Big Brain 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Wunderbar said:

My dad took my virginity today.

Well… better late than never. Congrats, old boy! 

• 2 weeks later...

got stuck at a get together over the weekend having to listen to a brain washed zombie. holy fuck these people are insane. I ask the dude how's it going, how's things, etc. and I get an earful all on some stupid crypto crap, how he knows all these intimate details on the US banking system thanks to watching shit online, and is already planning where he will go once he makes a ton of money... then it spirals into that we may not even have an election this year, never ever to trust the mainstream media, the moon landing was entirely faked. there was like no break in all this rambling and I'm just sitting there mildly stunned... later after I leave I start getting these wild texts from him to these propaganda x/rumble videos, then get these massive wall of text word salads about how he wants to warn me about some deep state cabol, and to make sure I don't watch any mainstream news anymore. ffs I don't even know what to say to any of this stupid shit. not even worth getting into it. the internet has head fucked so many humans. 

• Farnsworth 2