IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

The demon pain sound in classic Doom always sounded stupid and janky to me. Always sounded like "Paul! Paul! Paul! Paul!"

Edited by ambermonke

Just watched the Ripper on Netflix. Limited series about the Yorkshire Ripper. They should add to the title so it’s called “The Ripper and also all the cops directing this investigation are fucking morons”

Jesus how frustrating and ya know that shit happens the world over for all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone who does a lot of excersize have a really reduced ability to sleep?

I've been working as a cycle courier to tide myself over during the pandemic as my chef job is gone temporarily, so I've been doing around 28 hours cycling a week. I feel great, im on the brink of seeing abs for the first time in my life. I get to sleep like a dream at 1am every night like clockwork but I just wake up after 5 hours and cannot get to sleep again every single night. I don't feel especially tired but im acquiring monster bags under my eyes.

There's an older man on tik tok that djs sitting down. Everytime he live streams I go into his chat and yell: " HEY IT'S THE SITTING DJ!". The guy looks ridiculous barely able to reach his turntables and probably would do a much better job standing.

3 hours ago, ambermonke said:

The demon pain sound in classic Doom always sounded stupid and janky to me. Always sounded like "Paul! Paul! Paul! Paul!"

ambermonke

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, pcock said:

I've been working as a cycle courier to tide myself over during the pandemic as my chef job is gone temporarily, so I've been doing around 28 hours cycling a week. I feel great, im on the brink of seeing abs for the first time in my life. I get to sleep like a dream at 1am every night like clockwork but I just wake up after 5 hours and cannot get to sleep again every single night. I don't feel especially tired but im acquiring monster bags under my eyes.

Could be due to increased dopamine and noradrenaline levels?

2 hours ago, yekker said:

There's an older man on tik tok that djs sitting down. Everytime he live streams I go into his chat and yell: " HEY IT'S THE SITTING DJ!". The guy looks ridiculous barely able to reach his turntables and probably would do a much better job standing.

Damn, that's rude. Maybe he has a good reason he's sitting down?

Who doesn't! He's probably sitting because it's nearly impossible to DJ lying down. Unless you somehow get the equipment to slightly below the level of what you're lying on and someone hands you the records or there is some sort of special hatch you can reach into. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, pcock said:

If anything the opposite should happen. If you drink alcohol, maybe give it up for a while as this sounds like something a few drinks before bedtime do. Not sure about weed in this regard.

It would be really easy for a heavy object to squish my head and brain.  I'm impressed that I've managed to keep every piece of it intact for 24 years, considering how much I break everything else I own.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dingformung said:

I've heard of a disease where you start sleeping less and less until you don't sleep anymore at all and eventually die of insomnia (a miserable death because you hallucinate while dying: you are forced to live through your greatest fears and horrors up to your last breath, it's infinitely cruel torture). it's typically caused by a sudden change in lifestyle or excessive sports

O rite il probably just off myself next week then, get it over and done with.

I'm a bit shocked at the amount of errors and oversights on my part I'm confronted with on a seemingly increasing basis. Not sure if I notice more errors or make more but it's fucking with my mind that even though I think I'm focused and being thorough I'll still fuck some shit up.

On 1/30/2021 at 1:00 PM, ambermonke said:

I'm legit considering shopping for a jump rope. I've missed too many gym days lately, so I'm opting for a backup cardio regimen at home for days I end up not going.

the lockdown is still going strong here (no pun intended) so the gym hasn't been open since october. i've taken to going to the park & doing bench press with an old steel pipe & a couple of truck tires. on days when it's above -5 I go jogging (if it's below that i do cold exposure therapy, today i went out in minus -18 wearing shorts & a sweat shirt). and at least 45 minutes of yoga a day

i miss gym :catcry:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Braintree said:

It's becoming more and more clear that I should have been diagnosed with ADD ages ago.

I was trying to find a good ADD online test to take yesterday, then got distracted and forgot about it.  That might read as an ADD joke, but it also happened.

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

I've always found it mental that the medicine for ADHD is literally speed. I got hooked on it in uni for a few weeks, I was a fucking machine. 12 hours practice a day, 2 hours excersize, almost no sleep for 3 weeks. Then I had had heart palpitations so bad I thought it was all over for me and never took it again. I was taking 2 dexamphetamine a day too, the guy who gave it to me who actually needed it was prescribed 8. 8 fucking speed tablets day.

• Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, Braintree said:

It's becoming more and more clear that I should have been diagnosed with ADD ages ago.

I was prescribed ritalin back when I was 9 or 10 because at the time it was seen as some kind of mental impairment. I'm sure my "symptoms" are still obvious here to this day, but I do think we gain more self-control with age. In fact I'd argue that the internet as a whole has served as an outlet for many of us "patients" over the years. And quite frankly, if ADD didn't exist life would be a lot more boring.

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I was trying to find a good ADD online test to take yesterday, then got distracted and forgot about it.  That might read as an ADD joke, but it also happened.

Those tests are nothing more than "do you have symptoms of ADD?"

Also, I think I'm the only person in my generation who doesn't have ADHD.  I don't know anybody else below the age of 30 who can sit still and read a book all day long.

It's quite concerning, honestly.  Snapchatbrains.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

my brain was like that long before snap chat.  I wouldn't dare participate in whatever that is.

But I can also stay focused on minute details of a mix for hours on end, so... I sway between total mental disarray and hyper focus.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 1

Finishing boox sux when I can't talk about it with anyone because they haven't and won't read the book, and I can't go through and explain all the nuance that an entire book has.  All I have are the internet and other boox, and the occasional geezer I meet who's actually read Gravity's Rainbow.