IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

14 hours ago, Cryptowen said:

Every mainstream American Conservative figure: Curses, my own younger self - my only weakness!

And here too I sit, corrected, having thought that the present-day Tuck-Medicated-Asspad's face couldn't get more punchable.

God I just want to take a 2x4, Tommy Boy style to that yearbook shitstain

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 8:33 AM, Cryptowen said:

So there's that popular band trope where they'll end a song by having every instrument hit a big power harmonic that lingers & slowly fades (presumably into the cheering of the crowd). And usually the drummer will do that thing where they're just hitting really light, fast textural tones on the cymbals to go along with it.

This is a huge problem among roughly half of all drummers I have recorded.  Just let the fucking cymbal ring out.  No one cares about your post-song tinkles.  Usually I have foresight enough to get them to replay the last 4 bars with a single crash ringing out on the last beat.  But I've needed to do at least a few sneaky edits in my time.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

This is a huge problem among roughly half of all drummers I have recorded.  Just let the fucking cymbal ring out.  No one cares about your post-song tinkles.

I have noticed this phenomenon any time I've gone out dancing & really gotten into it: at a certain point (even totally sober) it actually becomes difficult to stop moving in time to the rhythm. It's like a sort of kinetic flow builds up - I'll leave the dance floor, and notice that my fingers are still moving or my foot is still shuffling as I'm talking to people, almost of their own accord. I imagine it might be the same way with drumming - you become so engaged with the rhythm, that it takes actual conscious effort to break out of it

literally chained 2 dah rhythm

I used to think that the automated answers in email and some IMs were kind of stupid but now I've come to realize that when you get an email or message that's clearly just a copy-paste job but they still expect an answer it's perfectly fine to use these quick automated answers to politely say "no".

Spoiler

Instead of the usual "fuck off".

For some reason I can drink straight/pure vodka easier than I used to. And I ain't talkin about that cheap domestic plastic bottle shit. I mean the authentic Ruskiy stuff.

Edited by ambermonke

growing list of Marilyn Manson Food Parody titles Ive kept in my notes app for the last year:

I Dont Like the Food But the Food Likes Me
Steak and Shake and Sodomy
Dried Up, Fried Up and Breaded for the World
Sweet Creams
The Last Cake on Earth
Cake Pies and Twinkies
Irresistible Cake Anthem
The Speed of AuBon Pain
Mister Soup-er Star
Angel with the Crabs, Wings (and Nachos)
And A Slice, Soup and a Star
Jam that you Fear/Ham that you Fear

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

when AI and robotics get advanced enough the Cologuard box is going to walk up to you somewhere and sell you its service and you'll poop right into it then it'll go away and send a notification later to let you know the results. 

7 hours ago, ignatius said:

when AI and robotics get advanced enough the Cologuard box is going to walk up to you somewhere and sell you its service and you'll poop right into it then it'll go away and send a notification later to let you know the results. 

Ass robots are priority #1

• Like 1

This month I've had more sales and downloads on my Bandcamp page than any month before... which is weird because I haven't put anything new on there and also haven't done any promotion at all.  In fact, I almost forgot about it.  Also, I deleted my Paypal so I don't have any way of claiming the money that I got from it.

So, did you guys here have anything to do with this?

15 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

This month I've had more sales and downloads on my Bandcamp page than any month before... which is weird because I haven't put anything new on there and also haven't done any promotion at all.  In fact, I almost forgot about it.  Also, I deleted my Paypal so I don't have any way of claiming the money that I got from it.

So, did you guys here have anything to do with this?

someone probably shared a link to your music somewhere. new audience perhaps.