IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

If you make broth are you a brother? If you make moths are you a mother? If you suspend proceedings are you a sister? If you fathom are you a father?

English are hard

I regularly experience a sense of dread at the prospect of accidentally replying all when I'm forwarding the contents of emails to others with my suggested responses or thoughts

I have a horror story in this vein.

Sometime in the mid 2000's, I once texted a friend to let him know a particular chick we had met, a while back at a show, was... let's call it available (DTF). A few minutes later, I realized it was her that I texted this information about herself to.

Not my shining moment by any measure.

I like to think so, but I seriously can't remember. She played it off like it was no big deal. Had a falling out with the guy friend not long after iirc.

At any rate, I try to be careful with texts and emails now  :emotawesomepm9:

I love it when people send naughty inside jokes to each other but it accidentally gets onto the distribution list.

I once watched as the entire email system collapsed in a multinational corporation (100k+ employees) because somebody accidentally sent a response to a company wide distribution list and people started to respond to that and respond to the responds which created a snowball effect. Basically all e-mail servers were overloaded in a matter of hours.

Ah, even t-shirts were made to commemorate the incident.

The other day at around 7:30 AM it was still a dark night sky. But I noticed it was clear enough to spot isolated "stars". From a panoramic vantage point I probably only encountered 3 or 4, but I wonder if they are actually the other planets in our solar system. If so, I'm inclined to believe that the other planets are in fact (barely) visible with the naked eye.

I love it when people send naughty inside jokes to each other but it accidentally gets onto the distribution list.

I once watched as the entire email system collapsed in a multinational corporation (100k+ employees) because somebody accidentally sent a response to a company wide distribution list and people started to respond to that and respond to the responds which created a snowball effect. Basically all e-mail servers were overloaded in a matter of hours.

Ah, even t-shirts were made to commemorate the incident.

A while back, our HR director shared the entire company email list with a phishing scam. She also shared everyone's TriNet info. TriNet was the company we used for payroll and benefits.

I'mma do a standup routine using only quotes from this thread.

pls record it

The true test will be once you get to the rolling "lol"s

*steps up tto the mic*

"L O L."

...silence...

"c'mon guys, L O L."

...silence...

"L O L?"

...silence...

"Thank you, good night."

The other day at around 7:30 AM it was still a dark night sky. But I noticed it was clear enough to spot isolated "stars". From a panoramic vantage point I probably only encountered 3 or 4, but I wonder if they are actually the other planets in our solar system. If so, I'm inclined to believe that the other planets are in fact (barely) visible with the naked eye.

If there's only a couple points of light in the sky like that, it's most likely planets. Easy way to check is if they're in the same arc the sun takes (assuming you know the path the sun is taking at that time of the year).

PT: there's a Minus The Bear lyric about that^

If they were in the path of the sun, they are planets but you'd have to know the arc of the sun in your neck of the woods and this time of year. I have no idea if this is accurate but someone said it on Reddit and I'm feeling weird synchronicity right now. We need Neil DeGrassi High Mike Tyson stat.

Just get a constellation/star map app on your phone and point it at the sky - it will tell you what's what. Easy