IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

A lot of religion is about praising the powerful, and that used to be normal like 300 years ago or whatever, but its a bit outdated now, praise is now mostly for children or pets. So praising a superpowerful deity is odd, in our time. I am left thinking "What sort of deity needs to be praised?"

Edited by zazen

A lot of religion is about praising the powerful, and that used to be normal like 300 years ago or whatever, but its a bit outdated now, praise is now mostly for children or pets. So praising a superpowerful deity is odd, in our time. I am left thinking "What sort of deity needs to be praised?"
That's what I've found weird about monotheistic religions since teenage years. The god is supposed to be an omnipotent and omniscient being but yet he goes pestering mortal people and insisting they worship him. What does he/she/it gain from that? Is the god just a massive egotistical asshole?

Also why does my phone's autocorrect know words like fist fucking but not asshole?

10 hours ago, beer badger said:

I’m gonna have a wine fuelled wank over Kim Gorden tonight. Jeez this woman is sexy female beast.

Thurston-Moore-CD-of-the--014.jpg?width=

I never thought much of Seth Meyers when it comes to comedy, but when he does the "A Closer Look" thing on his show where he sums up current events, he excels. I have been impressed so many times by his smart, wry, deadpan overview of what is happening and how fucking dumb it is, just plainly stated. 

I loathe the "what do you do" question. I don't do much, I work for money. I don't really have a career. What do I do? Lie through my teeth or get a career?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, marf said:

I loathe the "what do you do" question. I don't do much, I work for money. I don't really have a career. What do I do? Lie through my teeth or get a career?

Yeah man I hate that shit too. It can either be a cliche "getting to know you on a date" question or some arbitrary neo-Victorian small talk. Why can't we all just agree that we're doing what we can to get by and call it a day?

• Thanks 1

Yesterday I spend the day in a seaside resort town. For lunch I went to a local pizzeria, and the waitress who served me looked oddly familiar. After a moment of pontificating, it donned on me that she looked like the Cake Farts girl. (NSFW if you've never seen the vid) She was super friendly tho.

Afterwards I visited the aquarium/marine life conservation center in the same town. And I watched a ringed seal face me upside-down and shit in the tank whilst submerged. Pretty sure it's not the first time he's done it.

Edited by ambergonk
Idk. I felt like it

3 hours ago, ambergonk said:

Yeah man I hate that shit too. It can either be a cliche "getting to know you on a date" question or some arbitrary neo-Victorian small talk. Why can't we all just agree that we're doing what we can to get by and call it a day?

I'm in the same boat. It's nice to hear other people on here dealing with the same thing. 

Edited by yekker

4 hours ago, ambergonk said:

4 hours ago, marf said:

1 hour ago, yekker said:

I'm in the same boat. It's nice to hear other people on here dealing with the same thing. 

going to cross reference all of you and make sure you didn't post in this thread:

:D

On 10/9/2019 at 10:14 PM, zkom said:

That's what I've found weird about monotheistic religions since teenage years. The god is supposed to be an omnipotent and omniscient being but yet he goes pestering mortal people and insisting they worship him. What does he/she/it gain from that? Is the god just a massive egotistical asshole?

Also why does my phone's autocorrect know words like fist fucking but not asshole?

More than a simple limited praise to some "god" as we wrongly understand, what it is said in religions, in reality it is concieved to be an adoration of some sort which aims an absortion in the timeless, infinite source self which is at the same time everything and everyone at once. It is a concious union or connectin with that higher energy while still here in our current lives on earth in order to develop our highest states and possibilities, but of course the method to attain that are not just fake praises to some conceptual god. Mainstream understanding of religions are only the superficial and erroneusly understood conceptions of this idea. When you seek for deeper sources like freemasonic stuff, rosicrucians, kabbalah, the 4th way, sufism, jnana and bathki yoga, etc.. you get a glimpse of what is all about, and to what extent "the big monoteistic religious orgnizations" come from and what does their work should serve for the individual today, which sould be the aim of questioning the sources and deepest roots and contents from which they were originated