IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

On 10/12/2019 at 8:30 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

C0ngr@tul@ti0ns

*best page break.

I played that on my phone and it fucked my ears. Then i played it again and i couldn't hear it... :shrug:

Edited by yekker

On 10/13/2019 at 4:54 PM, ambergonk said:

Yesterday I spend the day in a seaside resort town. For lunch I went to a local pizzeria, and the waitress who served me looked oddly familiar. After a moment of pontificating, it donned on me that she looked like the Cake Farts girl. (NSFW if you've never seen the vid) She was super friendly tho.

Afterwards I visited the aquarium/marine life conservation center in the same town. And I watched a ringed seal face me upside-down and shit in the tank whilst submerged. Pretty sure it's not the first time he's done it.

I used to spend a lot of time at that aquarium as a kid.  Actually, I think I slept overnight there on a field trip once.

Looks like I'm the third one ITT who's been there.  Sealife Center most IDM 2019.

Edited by drillkicker
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 4:32 PM, marf said:

I loathe the "what do you do" question. I don't do much, I work for money. I don't really have a career. What do I do? Lie through my teeth or get a career?

I have a decent job in a good industry and I  also hate this question, because even that isn’t good enough around where I live.

Them: What do you do?

Me: *I’m fine, you yuppie prick*

Them: My rich, connected parents are definitely NOT still wiping my ass with $100 bills, and I am better than you. Harvard. MIT. And you?

Me: I can’t imagine you actually working. You look like you have about 40 hours a week to groom yourself, like a poodle in an Ivy League sweater. Get fucked. 

• Haha 2

I always let out a long, exasperated sigh before answering. Because I work in the same industry that every other goddamn nerd works in in San Francisco.

It just doesn't sum a person up. And if it does, that is sad. 

I used to live in a rural area and everyone just did what they had to do. I never really heard the question much. 

I went the doctor and I think the nurse liked me. The doctor asked me what I do I feel on behalf of the nurse. You know. To see if I'm not a loser./ Ive had some health issues so I really didn't know what to say. 

Then I had an old couple ask me in this city and I said cyber security cause I know the majority of old people are computer phobic. 

The label I'm working with is taking forever and will probably hold off on releasing this year. I like to put out at least one thing a year so I'm thinking of banging out a few tunes in a weekend just to put something out :shrug:

I just realized that Blade Runner and Koyaanisqatsi came out the same year (1982). Both have that similar gritty, dystopian vibe before the 1980s turned corny.

We can make exceptions for Aliens and Akira though, although the latter had corny dialogue in the English dub.

Edited by ambergonk

I just realized that Blade Runner and Koyaanisqatsi came out the same year (1982). Both have that similar gritty, dystopian vibe before the 1980s turned corny.

We can make exceptions for Aliens and Akira though, although the latter had corny dialogue in the English dub.

From the same year also Death Wish II, The Dark Crystal, Conan the Barbarian, First Blood, The Thing and Tron. All have a kind of early 80s grittiness. Even fantasy movies were kind of dark and brooding when you compare to later movies like LotR.
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, zkom said:

From the same year also Death Wish II, The Dark Crystal, Conan the Barbarian, First Blood, The Thing and Tron. All have a kind of early 80s grittiness. Even fantasy movies were kind of dark and brooding when you compare to later movies like LotR.

I remember watching The Dark Crystal back when I was about 9 years old. It was definitely darker than other fantasy movies I've seen at the time, and not just because it says "dark" in the title. I also heard that there will be a sequel or remaster soon...can't remember which.

4 hours ago, zkom said:

There's a special kind of mood that comes from the classic special effects that sets '80s fantasy films apart.  I've always thought those felt much more magical and more faithful to the fantasy genre.  The limitations engendered by the technology (both in terms of FX and low resolution) also made the characters' struggles seem more grave and helpless.

Is life worth continuing?

This is a question I ponder not out of melancholy, but as a legit existential one. The trends throughout this planet...climate change, potential rising sea levels and temperatures along with lower pH levels...the resurgence of fascism...widening income inequality between social classes...an increasing proclivity towards irrational behavior among people in general...

Or am I just overthinking it?

8 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

If life didn't continue what would happen to all the memes???  Think of the memes!!!

Especially of the dank variety. They're actually some of the healthiest dopamine boosters if you think about it. They're addictive, but without the risk of withdrawal and nasty side effects that come with.

7 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Continuing to see the Kraviz and Sorry threads on the main splash page makes me pine for a time when WATMM is Dying and I'm Ashamed of WATMM were topping the charts 

Kraviz owes all of her fans one giant Sorry for wearing cornrows. Because 2019.