IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

4 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

Pretty wise words actually and kind of makes me think of the dilemma of animal rights. I'm by the way not comparing autists to animals, but the thinking that makes industrial mass stock farming possible also makes considering autists as some sort of mentally inferior beings possible.

Agree 100%.  That thought occurred to me as well while watching.  There's this bizarre perspective some people take that if a there's no internal monologue taking place inside a living being, then it lacks sentience.  It's merely responding to stimuli like a machine would, without awareness.  I don't understand why anyone would make that assumption, but I hear it expressed from time to time.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 1

This is actually opposite of pointless but an observation I have been having lately is that the older I get, the less ok I am with my ultimate and inevitable death. I feel like this should be trending opposite which would seem to be in line with most people as they grow older in that they generally are more comfortable with their mortality than the younger folk. Can’t even age properly. Fuck

On 11/11/2019 at 10:08 AM, Det Bluto said:

This is actually opposite of pointless but an observation I have been having lately is that the older I get, the less ok I am with my ultimate and inevitable death. I feel like this should be trending opposite which would seem to be in line with most people as they grow older in that they generally are more comfortable with their mortality than the younger folk. Can’t even age properly. Fuck

Seems pretty pointless to me. Death is inevitable. (fuck that's not the observation though, sorry) 

How old are you? I think before 80 something most people are not warming up to the idea of dying and even then it's heavily dependant on general mental and physical health, amount of social contact and living situation.      

Edited by user

We're all in this life in order to prepare for death.  If you aren't ok with your mortality, then something in your life is not right and you need to realign your priorities until you are ok with it.  Don't hesitate and don't ignore it, because your death is sooner than you think.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 1:08 AM, Det Bluto said:

Do you mind if I talk to you about our Lord and savior Jesus Christ?

/s

Evolution programmed us to fear death, because, well, those who didn't fear death were less likely to live until they could reproduce. So I think it's pretty natural to fear death, even though it may be irrational since we're all eventually going to die. Fighting the survival instinct that's buried so deep in our brain and genes with logic is kind of hard.

• Like 1

A random thought: I'm spending a few weeks in China and I'm starting to feel I need to buy some of the ridiculous t-shirts I see here. Some of them are so subtly funny. Like I just saw t-shirt that said "Frankie go to Hollywood"

On 11/15/2019 at 12:25 AM, zkom said:

A random thought: I'm spending a few weeks in China and I'm starting to feel I need to buy some of the ridiculous t-shirts I see here. Some of them are so subtly funny. Like I just saw t-shirt that said "Frankie go to Hollywood"

I really want a series of those

BORN TO DIE

world is a fuck

shirts. 

"I'm not a good friend but I'm sure it is not to you and I have a lot to say about the other two are you going there or what does that make it look better but the most recent one is that I don't know if I have a better choice."

– MacBook Pro predictive text