Plum

Your pointless thoughts & observations

On 8/4/2019 at 2:07 AM, zkom said:

I realized I'm completely over the psydub/psybient phase I had back in the early 00s. I haven't listened to Shpongle's Divine Moments of Truth, which I used to play almost daily, for years. So decided to give it a listen for nostalgia's sake and how it sounds to my ears now. Can't even finish it..

Meanwhile The KLF's Chill Out sounds still fresh. I think ambient is the genre I've been listening for the longest time and still do.

I've gone through periods like these, where I think I've over an artist or a genre. Then I try it again a few years later and like it again.

this consumerist society isn't very nice

I have decided that a shallow plate sized bowl is above a normal plate on the hierarchy of..... cutlery? Dinnerware?

9 hours ago, Brisbot said:

I've gone through periods like these, where I think I've over an artist or a genre. Then I try it again a few years later and like it again.

I was going to make a joke about getting back to gabber, which I used to listen back in my teenage years, but then I remembered I did attend several hardcore/gabber parties a few years ago.. :facepalm:

• Farnsworth 1

A friend invited me to play golf, maybe I'll caddie for him instead... fuck golf

There's a big-ass bull moose in the neighbors' yard (still house-sitting) that's been lying in the shade panting for the last 3 or 4 hours. Plus his balls are about the same size as the tennis variety.

I already contacted one of the fish and game wardens, but they said that moose sometimes spend several hours cooling off in one spot during warm weather.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2017 at 3:52 PM, Gocab said:
On 11/27/2017 at 10:32 PM, Plum said:

Yesterday I accidentally watched Columbo and it got me thinking... Mark Ruffalo would make a great Columbo if they were to make a reboot.

You know it’s true.

Oh shit yeah

Oh my god yes!!!!!!

I’ll be another voice of approval for a Mark Ruffalo Columbo reboot. 

No. Peter Falk is the greatest. Stop rebooting stuff. Make new.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

No. Peter Falk is the greatest. Stop rebooting stuff. Make new.

Yes, but Mr. Falk is sadly no longer with us - I could see Ruffalo doing a good Columbo.

Question is - who would be a good choice for a Rockford Files reboot?

Vin Diesel for a Kojak reboot?

22 hours ago, ambergonk said:

There's a big-ass bull moose in the neighbors' yard (still house-sitting) that's been lying in the shade panting for the last 3 or 4 hours. Plus his balls are about the same size as the tennis variety.

I already contacted one of the fish and game wardens, but they said that moose sometimes spend several hours cooling off in one spot during warm weather.

Monsieur Mooseballs.

Greta Thunberg sailing a fancy carbon-neutral boat to the US makes anything but flying look horribly impractical. Make it a teleconference already.

On 8/6/2019 at 3:22 PM, Eth3realFox said:

this consumerist society isn't very nice

sad but true.

Turns out I look younger than I actually am, according to at least two friends in the last couple of months. Must be doing something right.

You either got good genes, or you're one of those types that when they do age, it comes rapidly. It's often the blue eyes blond hair types that, for a while, look like candy, but then, all of a sudden, look like a dried tomato. And poof, the magic is gone. Tends to be around 27, I believe. But this is not based on science. Just street wisdom. 

nearly 37 here and people still think I'm late 20s on a good and post-shave day.

Portrait in the attic is ripening nicely.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, goDel said:

You either got good genes, or you're one of those types that when they do age, it comes rapidly. It's often the blue eyes blond hair types that, for a while, look like candy, but then, all of a sudden, look like a dried tomato. And poof, the magic is gone. Tends to be around 27, I believe. But this is not based on science. Just street wisdom. 

It's probably my gym visits over the past year and (mostly) careful dieting that are paying off, on top of being a non-smoker. I started going bald in my mid-20s tho, so I've been shaving my dome ever since. As for genetics, I found out back in Japan that I have loads of antibodies - that or I just got vaccinated early in life.

Edited by ambergonk
minor syntax error
  • Like 1

I'm 35 and still get ID'd when the people around me who are obvs younger don't.  Not sure how I feel about it tbh.  Ah fuck I think I'm actually 36.  Damn damn damn.

u old

: )

Lol

Women have it worse with aging than guys because from a young age there is placed a lot of empathise on them looking attractive.

I'm 35 and I was downtown the other day and I saw a girl i went to school with kindergarten to grade twelve and she looked Old! 

I'm such an asshole:catcry:

• Farnsworth 1

^ that's meth.

• Burger 1

Just ate some deep fried battered fish for lunch and feel pretty terrible as a result. I'm not sure if i've ever felt better after eating fish and chips

Speaking of seeing people we went to school with, I delivered a burger to a guy who was in my high school "home room" (not sure how common this is elsewhere, but I don't feel like explaining what home room is).  His hair was all grey and his house was a mansion.  I wondered if he inherited it, as he never struck me as someone who would go on to make a lot of money.  Could've been one of these subdivided places with several tenants too.  Neither of us acknowledged that we knew each other many moons ago, so the truth will remain a mystery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stickfigger said:

Just ate some deep fried battered fish for lunch and feel pretty terrible as a result. I'm not sure if i've ever felt better after eating fish and chips

samesies