IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

A client recently mentioned a musician friend of his, first name Adolf.  My immediate response was "that's an unfortunate first name."  Does that name remain fairly common place in Germany?  Seems like one that would have been phased out by now.

20 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

A client recently mentioned a musician friend of his, first name Adolf.  My immediate response was "that's an unfortunate first name."  Does that name remain fairly common place in Germany?  Seems like one that would have been phased out by now.

apparently it's normal for tour guides to be called "führers", since it's just a generic word for leader.

I was thinking, it seems like lots (all) hentai is aimed at a young audience. Is this because the people making it are trying to encourage the people watching it to have sex, to help the declining birth rate of Japan.

Or I guess the hentai might be doing the opposite 

Edited by yekker

On 11/20/2019 at 10:49 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Only people who got their names before WW2 might still have that name. Your friend's client is either really old or has Nazi parents

Continuing with my weird things to buy from China..

I haven't bought any t-shirts yet but I found this handheld NES emulator for 9.2USD that has 400 games (well some games seem to be there multiple times). Besides the usual pirated official NES games it has a bunch of weird bootleg games like Super Mario 14 in which Mario is a samurai but the best one I found so far is "Chip'n'Dale 3" that replaces the title screen and some of the sprites from Heavy Barrel. Basically Chip and Dale go around fucking slaughtering everybody with assault rifles, lol. I'm just sad that I don't have the original cartridge,  because just look at this shit.

Art-%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%B8%D0%B2

It gets funnier the more I look at it.

Another interesting thing is that the device is powered by an old-school Nokia BL-5C battery.

2 hours ago, zkom said:

Continuing with my weird things to buy from China..

I haven't bought any t-shirts yet but I found this handheld NES emulator for 9.2USD that has 400 games (well some games seem to be there multiple times). Besides the usual pirated official NES games it has a bunch of weird bootleg games like Super Mario 14 in which Mario is a samurai but the best one I found so far is "Chip'n'Dale 3" that replaces the title screen and some of the sprites from Heavy Barrel. Basically Chip and Dale go around fucking slaughtering everybody with assault rifles, lol. I'm just sad that I don't have the original cartridge,  because just look at this shit.

Art-%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%B8%D0%B2

It gets funnier the more I look at it.

Another interesting thing is that the device is powered by an old-school Nokia BL-5C battery.

I got something like that while in a San Fransisco thrift store, which advertised 7200 classic games.  There were in fact 72 games 100 times over.  I used it almost exclusively for Dr. Mario.

• Like 1

ˆ ∫´† ¥æ嬬 µø†˙僨ç˚åΩ ç嘆 ´√´˜ ¨˜∂å߆å˜∂ å ƒ¨ç˚ˆ˜ ∑ø®∂ ˆæµ ß奈˜ ˜ ß˙ˆ†

• Like 1

ˆ çø¨¬∂ ßå¥ ßøµ´ ®´å¬¬¥ ∫å∂ ߆¨ƒƒ å˜∂ ¥ø¨ ©ø¨¥ß ∑ø¨¬∂˜æ† ´√´˜ ∫´ å∫¬´ †ø †´¬¬

• Like 1

A coworker of mine got into a fender bender last week, and of all the vehicles on the road, he managed to rear-end one of these armored trucks:

04XP-MONEY-articleLarge.jpg

So anyway he gets out to assess the damage and exchange info, but their security dudes had to stay locked in the vehicle, since they're trained to treat incidents like this as possible robbery.  It all got sorted out by the cops but he found it pretty funny to be considered a robbery suspect in the interim. 

Her name was Bev or Deb or Barb or Francine Maryanne Steinhouse McNaulty. But also June. I felt her glare yet dismissed my automatic fear response. She spoke in tongues and profanities and gang signs. I changed direction and offered her pineapple chunks straight out the plastic tray.

“These chunks”

”Yeah, what about it?”

”They’re made for eat”

And just like that, she blinked a dozen times in a second or two. She ran a mime comb through a ghost head of hair. She spit once to her left and finger gun shot at an invisible foe off in the distance. 

“Wheat affects me in the pancreas. But not my pancreas. Beyond any of this, I’d rather not say”

A decade later, she hasn’t said another word about it.  Nor about the storm. Nobody will discuss the storm.

• Like 3
  • Burger 1

It was going to snow heavily again in a few hours. I figured I could just bungee cord the body to the back of my snowmobile and drag it back to the shed where I could gut it. Any remaining blood and the tracks would be covered up by at least a foot before anyone could see. There's no one else around for miles. 

Even though I am certain it doesn't matter, the engine starts more loudly than I am comfortable with, and the winding path through the trails seems multiple times longer than the trip it took to get here. Strange, since the anticipation of what had to be done was a constant presence in my mind during the ride. 

Did I mention Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback of all time?

My bank account history shows a purchase of three tickets on a flight from Colombo to China Bay, three months ago.  They were each bought at a price equivalent to $3.649, and were refunded the next week.

Despite never having boarded, nor even having any familiarity with Ceylon, seeing the transactions somehow provoked a vague image of the narrow arcing strand of Tincomalee, the fragile vector, demarcating the borders of emerald and cyan, ideally infinitesimal but here shown by nature to be a concrete essence of liminality—a garment as real and deliberate as the husk of a tropical fruit—asserting a gross white bulwark against the hazing blue hues of distant islet verdure muttered through the viscous surf.

Where did I come to find such an offensive acceptance of chaos, hidden behind the snaking, indirect lines of Sinhalese letters and a daunting third-world polity, in languid detachment from the sharp Euclidean geometries of Roman numerals and homeland polemics.  Was it a gift divine, a symbol of the unaffected creation ?  in which our self-assurance is battered by waves of disillusion and shown to be but an edifice of metamorphic rock to be surrendered into dust.

Edited by drillkicker
  • Like 1
  • Burger 1

On my Macbook I have the possibility to press the trackpad hard when I hover over words like edifice, verdure, garment or bulwark and it automatically translates the word to my mother tongue. That way I could read your (drillkicker's) post without accessing a dictionary web page pretty easily. A handy tool indeed

Also, if I press command plus delete it deletes the whole line, not just one symbol. Also a pretty handy

Edited by darreichungsform
tool

I tried to pull the dream that had upset me so to the front of my mind, but it would not come. There had been betrayal in it, I knew, and loss, and time. The dream had left me scared to go back to sleep: 
the fireplace was almost dark now, with only the deep red glow of embers in the hearth to mark that it had once been burning, once had given light. 

I climbed down from the four-poster bed, and felt beneath it until I found the heavy china chamber pot. I hitched up my nightgown and I used it. Then I walked to the window and looked out. The moor 
was still full, but now it was low in the sky, and a dark orange: what my mother called a harvest moon. But things were harvested in autumn, I knew, not in spring. 

In the orange moonlight I could see an old woman — I was almost certain it was Old Mrs. Hempstock, although it was hard to see her face properly — walking up and down. She had a big long 
stick she was leaning on as she walked, like a staff. She reminded me of the soldiers I had seen on a trip to London, outside Buckingham Palace, as they marched backwards and forwards on parade. 
Edited by Zephyr_Nova