IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I tried to pull the dream that had upset me so to the front of my mind, but it would not come. There had been betrayal in it, I knew, and loss, and time. The dream had left me scared to go back to sleep: 
the fireplace was almost dark now, with only the deep red glow of embers in the hearth to mark that it had once been burning, once had given light. 

I climbed down from the four-poster bed, and felt beneath it until I found the heavy china chamber pot. I hitched up my nightgown and I used it. Then I walked to the window and looked out. The moor 
was still full, but now it was low in the sky, and a dark orange: what my mother called a harvest moon. But things were harvested in autumn, I knew, not in spring. 

In the orange moonlight I could see an old woman — I was almost certain it was Old Mrs. Hempstock, although it was hard to see her face properly — walking up and down. She had a big long 
stick she was leaning on as she walked, like a staff. She reminded me of the soldiers I had seen on a trip to London, outside Buckingham Palace, as they marched backwards and forwards on parade. 

Actually broccoli, turnips, radishes, green onions, lettuce, kale, cauliflower, beets, carrots, and Brussels sprouts are among the many crops that are harvested in spring.

I served Matthew Lillard and his family breakfast today. No, I didn’t say anything. If he had been alone, I maybe would have offhandedly asked him how he contains Shaggy’s raw unadulterated power. But the man has three kids. It wasn’t the right time.

Also, that dude is fucking tall. I’m 6’1” and my eyes were basically at nipple height.

Anyway he was very nice and a left a good tip.

There was a massive explosion at a plant about 40 miles away from where I live, and it caused my whole house to shake with a deep bass-y sound. It happened while I was studying at like 1 in the morning and I thought for a second lightning had struck the house or we were being carpet bombed. Never felt the earth shake before. Felt like I got a glimpse into how crazy and chaotic nature can be.

Then about 12 hours later it happened again when another part of the plant blew up, but not as crazy as the first one.

Edited by Brisbot

On 11/25/2019 at 1:17 AM, Stickfigger said:

It's the bomb 

This was saved in my reply box, and it seems like a fitting follow up to the previous message.

Seriously though - yikes.  Where do you live?  Sounds dangerous.

4 hours ago, drillkicker said:

What kind of facility was it ?  I hope it didn't kill anyone.

if you're asking me about the plant thing, only 3 out of the 30 some odd workers at the plant had injuries. That is surprising when you actually see the explosion. There's a video of every window in a store breaking, the roof caving in, and the door being blown off it's hinges. I don't know what kind of plant it was, people keep calling it a 'chemical plant'. They don't know what caused the explosion yet as well.

Mandatory evacuations were called for something like 25 miles surrounding the area as it is now leaking carcinogens. This was over 2 days ago now and they're still fighting the fire. Apparently there has barely been any progress and they've mostly just been containing it. Stuff like this is what makes people wary of embracing nuclear power.

In my case I was lucky in that I was far enough away for it not to cause any damage to my house, but it still is crazy how loud it was even though it was 35-40ish miles away.

VOLUME WARNING First explosion:

Here is the second explosion which happened 12 hours later during the day, which was caught on camera better than the first one:

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

44 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

Wow, that’s insane.  I’ve never seen a smokestack fly that high before.

Most idm 2019

Yeah and the first explosion was supposedly much bigger but of course no one was recording the plant initially and only security cams picked it up. I could feel both explosions from where I was and the first one was scary making me worry about bombs whereas the second was just a small rumble. 

It kinda makes me grateful I live on a relatively stable planet when there are things a trillion times worse than the explosion happening all over the universe.

Butadiene is what's burning, apparently it's a petrochem plant, butadiene is used to make rubber and plastics or something

yeah that's the one. I wonder where the fault lies. Is it due to the de-regulating the govt. has done in the past few years or negligence by a few workers. Maybe both.

I know someone who works at a plant in Houston and he said there are scares like this with the potential to blow up on average once every 2 or 3 years, which is insane

Edited by Brisbot

On 11/27/2017 at 10:32 PM, Plum said:

Yesterday I accidentally watched Columbo and it got me thinking... Mark Ruffalo would make a great Columbo if they were to make a reboot.

You know it’s true.

Even though It’s total dick toss, I want a deepfake version of 2008’s The Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton taken out and Mark Ruffalo put in. My OCD compels it.

On 11/25/2019 at 1:17 AM, Stickfigger said:

It's the bomb 

I just played "quiche" in Scrabble for 42 points, and I'm beginning to warm to it.  First time I ever played that one.  Might try it again some time.

My landlord is a family friend and my parents have been giving him a generous amount of money every Christmas to the Keg, a nice restaurant. This year I asked him is it OK if my parents get him a different gift; I guess he guessed it was a money thing so he defensively says something like , to sum it up, "it's not that much money". I relay that to my mom and tell her like fuck it give him something else. Turns out my mom is giving him like a hundred dollars every year and he doesn't even say thanks to her. He's a really nice guy but he's well off and really weird about money; he always bring money into the conversation, asks how much something is that isn't his business, whatever. I bought him a card a couple Christmases ago and after he read it he flipped it over and read the price of the card and says "you spent that much on me!".

Sorry folks, had to rant.

My landlord’s last message mentioned his recent infatuation with Ravel’s second string quartet.  It was written in a heavier hand than I remember seeing.  Trees have lost their limbs and telephones have rung a little longer than they should have.  Such is Thanksgiving week’s interlude into a bold December.  Sometimes the morbid scares are more attractive than these hoarse undertones that are always veering a little with every comment that needs to be repeated over the arpeggios of falling ice.

Tekashi 6ix9ine should make one last track about how hard it is to go into witness protection with so many face tats. Imagine him trying to be a mall Santa Clause in Fairbanks, Alaska or some shit and the hood still got em

Edited by Candiru

23 minutes ago, Candiru said:

Tekashi 6ix9ine should make one last track about how hard it is to go into witness protection with so many face tats. Imagine him trying to be a mall Santa Clause in Fairbanks, Alaska or some shit and the hood still got em

He should change his name to Asinine.