IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

2 minutes ago, milkface said:

Sitting in the library with my friends drinking shitty £1.30 black coffee hating life and doing translation coursework.

A cup of coffee averagely costs 20 cents in production. That means whoever is selling you coffee for 1.30 is making a profit of 650%

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

A cup of coffee averagely costs 20 cents in production. That means whoever is selling you coffee for 1.30 is making a profit of 650%

That's only gone and made me feel even worse.

Did you know * if you walk into a Starbuck's and order a latte with less milk they will most likely say "I'm sorry, I'm afraid we can't do that."  Then you say "no no, just do what you normally do, but stop pouring the milk sooner."  And then they will continue to tell you it's impossible, with no explanation given.  The future is here.

• Like 1

We can turn urine into drinking water on a station in space, but can’t make lattes with less milk at Starbucks. 

surely we have the technology lol

Edited by StephenG

You can, but the goal here is to get a less milky latte.  With the small latte, the ratio of milk to espresso is still more of an espresso milkshake.  But it's my friend's ongoing struggle, not mine.  Also, they never suggest an alternative thing to order that would accomplish a similar thing.  Just "no, we can't pour less milk into the cup."

(It's happened at multiple Starbuck's)

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I think the observation is about how absurd it is that everything at a Starbucks is so standardized and automated for consistency that even asking for something slightly different will make the “barista”s head explode. 

• Like 2

On my way into the specialty goods grocery store a young woman was standing out front with a clipboard asking people of they're registered state voters. When she asked me next, I did not respond.
After I'd finished my shopping, she was no longer there. Did I hurt her feelings? I'll never know. Regardless, I don't take kindly to beggars or solicitors.

The reason she was no longer there, is because she is no longer with us.  Your rejection of her questionnaire finally pushed her to the tipping point, and, well... she's in a better place now.  * pours one out for survey woman *

8 hours ago, ambergonk said:

On my way into the specialty goods grocery store a young woman was standing out front with a clipboard asking people of they're registered state voters. When she asked me next, I did not respond.
After I'd finished my shopping, she was no longer there. Did I hurt her feelings? I'll never know. Regardless, I don't take kindly to beggars or solicitors.

pretty sure they were people trying to get campaign finance transparency lawss & more oil taxes on the 2020 ballot. sounds like you fucked up.

• Farnsworth 1

i know because the same thing happened to me but instead of ignoring them, i said "yes" because i am a registered voter. they need x-thousand physical signatures by January-something for the bills to reach the floor.

21 hours ago, Candiru said:

I think the observation is about how absurd it is that everything at a Starbucks is so standardized and automated for consistency that even asking for something slightly different will make the “barista”s head explode. 

I ordered the coffee I mentioned on the previous page from a machine that even dispensed the cup for you. The depressing faceless future is now ?

12 hours ago, Salvatorin said:

-the other bill now that i remember was one to allow you to vote for any candidate regardless of your registered party affiliation.

You can't/couldn't do that? That seems OK to me, there's too much democracy anyways. Why give people the choice? They make bad choices anyway

Ive been informed by a couple very nerdy genealogists in my family that Im directly related to William fucking Wallace. Perhaps through this brothers? Freedom motherfuckers!

7 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Stop going to Starbucks?

At least for me it's most often the best quality coffee available in a pinch without going somewhere trendy downtown.

Need to stop being lazy and start making coffee at home. 

Coffee at home is preferable to even the best coffee I've had anywhere else.  Starbucks only enters the equation when it's the only thing around (aside from Tim Horton's/McDonald's)... and since they setup pretty much everywhere, this does come up now and then.  It's my friend with that less-milk-in-the-latte dilemma though.