IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

Gordon Ramsay is widely recognized as the head chef from hell. But do we really know him that well?

A day or two ago I watched one of his YouTube vids on how to chop onions, and decided to employ his method. Turns out I was able to chop the onion more finely that way than I have in the past, although I should probably try peeling off the first layer below the skin first next time.

Plus I hear he's more chill IRL than how he's portrayed on his "reality" cooking show. I guess the rage is just acting and showbiz when it comes down to it.

It would be funny if Chad Kroeger from Nickelback's name was announced over an intercom during some event, but instead they say "Chode Croaker" and everyone laughs, confetti flies through the air while fighter jets soar overhead. Chud Krugger. 

12 hours ago, ambergonk said:

Plus I hear he's more chill IRL than how he's portrayed on his "reality" cooking show. I guess the rage is just acting and showbiz when it comes down to it.

Of course he isn't really the way he is on television.  Nobody could actually be that filled with rage and still live a functional life.  Plus, it's edited so you only get all the most intense bits squished into a short television slot.

On 12/29/2019 at 7:45 PM, ambergonk said:

Gordon Ramsay is widely recognized as the head chef from hell. But do we really know him that well?

A day or two ago I watched one of his YouTube vids on how to chop onions, and decided to employ his method. Turns out I was able to chop the onion more finely that way than I have in the past, although I should probably try peeling off the first layer below the skin first next time.

I recall reading that he secured his place as head-chef at this high-end restaurant by fabricating rumors about the other chef, which got that chef fired.  He boosted/laughed about it in an interview.  Which makes him a grade A piece of shit in my books.  I'm sure his food tastes delicious though.

My mum has cooked a special family New Year’s Day meal. Boring.

All I want to do is go to MacDonalds and slurp down a load of bad food and wash it down with a vanilla milkshake.

• Burger 1

The third Austin Powers movie from 2002 was playing on the TV at my buddy's house after I had woken up from drinking fairly heavily the night before and having consumed leftover pizza and beer for breakfast. Surprisingly I wasn't feeling hungover considering how much I drank on NYE. 

But Austin Powers in general...idk. I guess it was most coveted by the American Gen X crowd at the time. But I just wasn't feeling the humor. The whole thing is cringey to me tbh.

• Like 1

Nah, that's exactly my point. Movies like that don't age well because they're age specific. It's no different really than looking back on classics like Home Alone and thinking.... wtf, this kid is basically an engineer with all these traps and he wasn't smart enough to call 911?

Edited by StephenG
  • Like 1

I’ve been binge watching Nardwuar videos and one that really stood out this time was his interview with Timothy Leary. It amazes me that someone who’s supposed to be all enlightened and wise and such can be so humourless, slow witted, easily offended and generally thrown off by someone as harmless as Nardwuar. He comes across as a nasty egocentric, small man. How the hell did he have such a huge cult following? 

Also the sonic youth interview is like breaktime at high school. Holy shit. 

4 hours ago, very honest said:

home alone 2049 involves a cyborg mccauley culkin defeating a race of android trumps on a mars covered in plaza hotels

So the Home Alone universe is going to merge with the Total Recall universe ?

On 1/1/2020 at 12:39 PM, beer badger said:

My mum has cooked a special family New Year’s Day meal. Boring.

All I want to do is go to MacDonalds and slurp down a load of bad food and wash it down with a vanilla milkshake.

? @ ambergonk

8 hours ago, user said:

I’ve been binge watching Nardwuar videos and one that really stood out this time was his interview with Timothy Leary. It amazes me that someone who’s supposed to be all enlightened and wise and such can be so humourless, slow witted, easily offended and generally thrown off by someone as harmless as Nardwuar. He comes across as a nasty egocentric, small man. How the hell did he have such a huge cult following? 

Also the sonic youth interview is like breaktime at high school. Holy shit. 

Because drugs.