IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

18 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Judge Doom was so fucking scary at the time.

Scariest part for me as a kid is when he got back up after getting flattened by that road roller and starting talking in that screechy hi-pitched voice, then went full-on hell spawn. Robert Zemeckis was my favorite film director from my childhood.

• Like 1

I don't know if it's just that I used to live a more sheltered and less connected life or if the world has become more connected in the past 20 years, because the international emergencies and events have now somehow more impact on my personal life.

F.e. back when SARS hit the scene in 2003 it was barely a blip in my radar, around the time of bird and pig flu they were minor inconveniences as me and my then girlfriend were almost denied an entry to Hong Kong due to her running a fever, but now this Corona virus shit is fucking with my daily life and plans for the next several months.

Also quite often when there's some bigger incident, natural disaster, demonstration or military operation somewhere I'm thinking that shit I know people who live there.

I'm starting to miss the time when watching the international news was like watching any other TV show.

I just noticed I have 5 King Crimson CDs.  I knew I had the first one, construction of light, and one that has that quaint late-60's UK folk-psych vibe (so much mellotron).  But the other two?  No idea.  Delivery soundtrack for the next 5 hours confirmed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 1:13 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

I just noticed I have 5 King Crimson CDs.  I knew I had the first one, construction of light, and one that has that quaint late-60's UK folk-psych vibe (so much mellotron).  But the other two?  No idea.  Delivery soundtrack for the next 5 hours confirmed.

make sure you watch this movie then, soundtrack by them, and what a movie, one of the best of all times...

my observation:

for the first time in my life i met a person who's into warp records and afx and idm and shit... he's the production manager of the ice rink in the ship i work at... he was playing jackson and his computer band in the pa and i was like wtf is playing this? and he was like yeah it's me why? and i was like yeah i'm into it and stuff, he said the same and we were like yeah nice to meet you and we shook hands, besides the fact that we already knew eachother...

Edited by Tim_J
  • Thanks 1

When I worked at Trader Joe’s, there was this other dude who really liked drukQs, but he was an awkward, difficult to even communicate with kind of person. Fits the bill. 

Back in ancient times, I did an ICQ search for people in my town who listed IDM as an interest.  There were 2 results, who also happened to be best friends.  One of them I ended up being in a relationship with for 10 years, the other I'm still friends with.  As for randomly discovering a mutual appreciation for the iddems in the real world, I don't recall it ever happening.

Kind of want to buy a new drum machine but I should really just learn the gear I have and don't use much.

2 hours ago, Braintree said:

Kind of want to buy a new drum machine but I should really just learn the gear I have and don't use much.

Kinda have an inner conflict myself with buying a new drum machine or just learning my ableton push better.

so, jacklinks beef jerky on walgreens is $4.99 each 3.25 oz bag... went to amazon to try and find some 8 pack or something to get it cheaper, turns out it's  even more expensive, $47.99 an 8 pack of 3.25 bags... fuck this shit...:catrage:

Edited by Tim_J

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

so, jacklinks beef jerky on walgreens is $4.99 each 3.25 oz bag... went to amazon to try and find some 8 pack or something to get it cheaper, turns out it's  even more expensive, $47.99 an 8 pack of 3.25 bags... fuck this shit...:catrage:

Jerky, can't live with it, can't live without it.

On 3/7/2020 at 12:52 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Prawn tempura is the most consistent dish across all restaurants.  Prove me wrong.

on payday or a day or two after I treat myself to a sashimi lunch/dinner in a decent place in town. I normally follow up the sashimi platter with tempura prawns and a second flask of hot sake.

My last trip there I noticed next to the tempura prawns on the menu they had tempura oysters for the same price, so decided to change my normal 'tism ritual.

It seems oysters are good at absorbing the fat they are deep fried in. They sat in my stomach grumbling for 6-7hrs until I threw them up.

Long story short I am in agreement with your post

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1