IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

Just now, Tim_J said:

but if i feel extremely sleepy that means i have high levels of melatonin no? what do u suggest? some pills?

I don't think so. The only reason I'd recommend any melatonin pills is to test it out. If you take one or two and fall asleep that could be the reason. However the pills are neurotoxic over time taken daily, and you will become tolerant to them quickly. Maybe test it out with a small bottle, and if it works try to find ways to influence melatonin production, such as not watching videos before bed, or lower caffine intake, etc.

22 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

such as not watching videos before bed, or lower caffine intake, etc.

don't drink coffee and watching stuff that spikes my interest is the best sleeping pill for me...:shrug:

i don't have trouble falling asleep at night, it's just difficult to keep sleeping in the morning if i wake up sooner than i need to... if i wake up after like 6 hours and want to sleep 2 or 3 hours more it's almost impossible cause the dreams are extremely vivid...

Edited by Tim_J

17 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

i don't have trouble falling asleep at night, it's just difficult to keep sleeping in the morning if i wake up sooner than i need to... 

That's why I think it could just be melatonin levels. It only takes like 20-30 minutes for them to dip enough to force you awake. Is it usually after sunrise?

My sleeping problems in the past were caused by melatonin levels being off, barring stress or too much caffeine. And BTW I wouldn't worry about those dreams (if you are). There are some well backed up theories that dreams are anxiety inducing on purpose in order to 'prepare' you for situations involving anxiety. It isn't proven or anything, but I've had enough dreams where my teeth fall out to think it's at least a lil accurate.

Edited by Brisbot

3 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

yep it's mostly after sunrise or even if i wanna take a nap in the middle of the morning or afternoon...

IF I were you, and I'm not, I'd let myself wake up one day, take a few mg of melatonin and see if you go back to sleep. I mean if it ends up helping at least you know the cause. If not, then nothing lost or gained.

You could also get a blindfold and wear it to sleep when you know you won't wake up till a few hours after sun comes up. Just make sure it isn't a weak one with holes that let light come in.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Thanks 1

A pointless thought: review systems are weird. Generally out of a scale of 1 to 10, anything above a 6 (or 7) is considered the minimum in terms of whether it is worthwhile to listen to or watch said thing. While leaves all this space 1-5 or 6 which denotes something generally being bad. That's half the scale. I've heard in Japan their implicitly agreed upon ranking system is more even, to where something that gets a 4 or 5 out of 10 (or 2 out of 4 stars) is generally considered good and worthwhile, and "bad" territory would be like 1-3 or 4 stars.

29 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

i've been watching so many meditation/asmr videos to fall asleep lately... my problem is not falling asleep, my problem is keep doing it, as soon as i reach hypnagogia i wake up...

Ah that sucks, it really does. Insomnia is one of the worst things. I'd say you should keep taking stabs  at trying to find some kinda solution or cause. There's gotta be something you can do.

• Like 1

Two pointless thoughts:

1. I wonder if right-wing or right-wing leaning people are more likely to try to assassinate someone. I mean, they're usually the ones with the guns.

2. Has anyone else noticed that clicking on a link on FB generally doesn't have a token in the web address? It usually adds one, but it may be blocked by Firefox's FB container.

39 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

I think you might have experienced a lot lately and your brain runs a bit hot processing this stuff, slowly driving you insane. the insanity will soon eat you from the inside until you are a mere shadow of your former self

There's no turning back now... All hope is lost... :catsuicide:

• Sad 1

On 4/16/2020 at 5:21 PM, Braintree said:

1. I wonder if right-wing or right-wing leaning people are more likely to try to assassinate someone. I mean, they're usually the ones with the guns.

Maybe. I think it was last year that one nut job with the van ordained with like 50 bumper stickers got arrested for attempting to mail explosives to the home addresses of high profile Democrats. Haven't heard anything about Antifa members carrying out assassination attempts since Trump took office though. Makes you wonder.
(I'm not knowledgeable enough to answer your second question though, sorry)

My latest pointless thought is wondering why certain women on social media frequently post selfies with freshly applied makeup, even though they're already in a committed marriage or relationship. What nonverbal message are they trying to convey exactly?

On 4/16/2020 at 11:42 AM, auxien said:

there are so very many variations of the British English accent

I heard some of them are very indicative of social class. For example, if some has a "brummie" accent, from Birmingham like Ozzy Osbourne, people will always assume you are a working class schlub or something like that.

Since many Americans assume that anything British automatically means "classier", they get treated way better in the states. 

3 hours ago, timbre monke said:

My latest pointless thought is wondering why certain women on social media frequently post selfies with freshly applied makeup, even though they're already in a committed marriage or relationship. What nonverbal message are they trying to convey exactly?

Attention

• Like 1

There are so very many variations of the Norwegian language and unlike speakers of other pluricentric languages the Norwegians are either inept or unwilling to switch from their dialect to the standard language when speaking with non-native speakers which makes it difficult to communicate with them when you start out learning their language.

8 hours ago, timbre monke said:

Damson. Maybe they just wanna show off their looks or their makeup skills or they hope to get some compliments/likes/attention. Or maybe they don’t have a particular reason. 
Following your reasoning it would make sense that women only should wear makeup around their honeys and remove it when going out because they should only want to look pretty (not saying makeup is needed to look pretty or that it always does) for their better half. 

Do you think the same thing when you see a woman that’s in a relationship dancing in public? Why would she dance when she no longer needs to seduce? 

I think it says a lot that many people still try to put things women do in the context of either “being taken” or “being available”. 

Not trying to be a dick but it surprises me someone as young as yourself who has a world of ideas and shit available to them would have such old fashioned views. 
Unless you’re asking because you noticed someone you wanna bang is posting pics of herself all done up and wondering if she’s signalling that she’s up for it. In which case I would say; godspeed. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Candiru said:

I heard some of them are very indicative of social class. For example, if some has a "brummie" accent, from Birmingham like Ozzy Osbourne, people will always assume you are a working class schlub or something like that.

Since many Americans assume that anything British automatically means "classier", they get treated way better in the states. 

odd, but people are stupid. i knew a guy when i was young who kept up a British accent for years, told everyone he was English, found out later that he was full of shit and just a weird dude.

there's definitely the class thing regarding local accents around the world i'm sure, guess that's pretty normal, but yeah it is interesting given that separated from that regional bias it comes across as a different bias to us lowly Americans ?

i mean i guess technically American accents are long-lost variations on British English, but i was more referring to the actual British Isles accents these days, seems there's dozens of them. but of course there's the many, many colonially specific versions all around the world as well which can be strikingly similar. 

9 hours ago, timbre monke said:

not sure if serious or

3 hours ago, user said:

Maybe they just wanna show off their looks or their makeup skills or they hope to get some compliments/likes/attention. Or maybe they don’t have a particular reason. 

Answers my question, thx

If energy and mass are equivalent (Einstein), and energy and frequency are equivalent (Planck), therefore mass and frequency are the equivalent, does that mean music is the ultimate expression of our universe?

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 7:05 PM, cichlisuite said:

If energy and mass are equivalent (Einstein), and energy and frequency are equivalent (Planck), therefore mass and frequency are the equivalent, does that mean music is the ultimate expression of our universe?

f9e85d6f6e9fac840baed68dcde8c408.png

• Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 1