Plum

Your pointless thoughts & observations

13 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Well, sometimes you've got shit with a movie title.  A DVD for instance.  Describe the last DVD you bought.  I once wrote a song called Shadow of a Vampire, which happens to be a movie title.  So that was some shit I did that had a movie title, and at the time it was my last shit with a movie title.  I've since had other shit with a movie title, and I know there's a thread where it belongs.  Very useful.

I'm more confused now... But next time I'll have a shit, I'm gonna think about a movie title... Still, don't think I'm doing it right... 

Edit: lol just went to the thread and im laughing my ass off, i think i got it... :^D

It's funny how almost every movie title can be looked out that way... 

Edited by Tim_J

I wrote a joke.. What did they call the slut on the indian reservation?........"spread eagle"

• Thanks 1

clerk-350_101011100710.jpg

• Thanks 1

Roger Stone today

Judgedoom.jpg

Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit

roger-stone-sentencing-doj.jpg

Edited by Gocab
Who remember
  • Farnsworth 1

Judge Doom was so fucking scary at the time.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

26 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

qft!!!

When that cartoon shoe was obliterated in the "dip" I felt strong emotion. 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Scariest part for me as a kid is when he got back up after getting flattened by that road roller and starting talking in that screechy hi-pitched voice, then went full-on hell spawn. Robert Zemeckis was my favorite film director from my childhood.

• Like 1

wtf is @eugene???

• Haha 1

I named my trusty steed on RDR2 “JTRHNBR”

• Farnsworth 1

I don't know if it's just that I used to live a more sheltered and less connected life or if the world has become more connected in the past 20 years, because the international emergencies and events have now somehow more impact on my personal life.

F.e. back when SARS hit the scene in 2003 it was barely a blip in my radar, around the time of bird and pig flu they were minor inconveniences as me and my then girlfriend were almost denied an entry to Hong Kong due to her running a fever, but now this Corona virus shit is fucking with my daily life and plans for the next several months.

Also quite often when there's some bigger incident, natural disaster, demonstration or military operation somewhere I'm thinking that shit I know people who live there.

I'm starting to miss the time when watching the international news was like watching any other TV show.

Its amazing how very simple song lyrics can make great songs (even just two verses).

• Like 1

Best to just read all my posts with :emotawesomepm9: at the end. My humor...

• Thanks 1

I just noticed I have 5 King Crimson CDs.  I knew I had the first one, construction of light, and one that has that quaint late-60's UK folk-psych vibe (so much mellotron).  But the other two?  No idea.  Delivery soundtrack for the next 5 hours confirmed.

The second New Order album really sounds like The Cure.

Posted (edited)
On 2/25/2020 at 1:13 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

I just noticed I have 5 King Crimson CDs.  I knew I had the first one, construction of light, and one that has that quaint late-60's UK folk-psych vibe (so much mellotron).  But the other two?  No idea.  Delivery soundtrack for the next 5 hours confirmed.

make sure you watch this movie then, soundtrack by them, and what a movie, one of the best of all times...

my observation:

for the first time in my life i met a person who's into warp records and afx and idm and shit... he's the production manager of the ice rink in the ship i work at... he was playing jackson and his computer band in the pa and i was like wtf is playing this? and he was like yeah it's me why? and i was like yeah i'm into it and stuff, he said the same and we were like yeah nice to meet you and we shook hands, besides the fact that we already knew eachother...

Edited by Tim_J
  • Thanks 1

When I worked at Trader Joe’s, there was this other dude who really liked drukQs, but he was an awkward, difficult to even communicate with kind of person. Fits the bill. 

Back in ancient times, I did an ICQ search for people in my town who listed IDM as an interest.  There were 2 results, who also happened to be best friends.  One of them I ended up being in a relationship with for 10 years, the other I'm still friends with.  As for randomly discovering a mutual appreciation for the iddems in the real world, I don't recall it ever happening.

I used to random search people on ICQ and chat them up. I'm so weird.

Kind of want to buy a new drum machine but I should really just learn the gear I have and don't use much.

2 hours ago, Braintree said:

Kind of want to buy a new drum machine but I should really just learn the gear I have and don't use much.

Kinda have an inner conflict myself with buying a new drum machine or just learning my ableton push better.

Prawn tempura is the most consistent dish across all restaurants.  Prove me wrong.

There's neither an illustrated children's book of the Spanish inquisition, nor a scratch 'n' sniff.  WTF.  So disappointed with society.

Posted (edited)

so, jacklinks beef jerky on walgreens is $4.99 each 3.25 oz bag... went to amazon to try and find some 8 pack or something to get it cheaper, turns out it's  even more expensive, $47.99 an 8 pack of 3.25 bags... fuck this shit...:catrage:

Edited by Tim_J

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

so, jacklinks beef jerky on walgreens is $4.99 each 3.25 oz bag... went to amazon to try and find some 8 pack or something to get it cheaper, turns out it's  even more expensive, $47.99 an 8 pack of 3.25 bags... fuck this shit...:catrage:

Jerky, can't live with it, can't live without it.