IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

The Simpsons was the best thing on TV for a good while. The midnight gospel is pretty cool, but it's not that cool.

• Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

rock music wouldn't exist if blues hadn't been invented...

This is true.  Those blue pioneers are freaking badass.  Anyone who enjoys rock music is completely indebted to them.

• Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, Lada Laika said:

I don't see why you would need a chair to shit on the floor

quite close, it's like saying we'll all be shitting on the floor if the inventor of the toilet hadn't been born...

btw, what's that so called golden age of the Simpsons that i'm missing, i'm willing to give it a try since i'm extremely bored in quarantine...

Edited by Tim_J

Seasons 3-10 of the simpsons, there’s not really a bad episode (except the musical ones)

it’s such a shame they kept going - it’s like an old friend who joined a multilevel marketing cult - you just have to remember how things used to be

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

That's show's amazing.

Typo reminds me - Metalocolyse!!!  Now that's a quality cartoon.

Also, the only death metal band where I can understand every lyric without the words in front of me.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Tim_J said:

Another show to shit from high above on the simpsons... 

Thanks Tim_J

I hadn't heard of this

looks like my kinda show:)

• Like 1

So I just found out there is an actual medical term called the faecal occult blood test. It's where they sample your poo for small amounts of blood. So mundane for something that sounds like a satanic ritual. 

I've been noticing lots of people with restless leg syndrome, didn't really know it was a thing, always assumed these people had to go but i don't believe half the people around me have to go number 1 and/or 2...

Well that just lead to another great though, it's possible to just pee, but you can't poo without peeing...

Edited by Tim_J

When I woke up this morning, for about 7 seconds the colors were screwed up. My whole vision was filled with green and red, and things around me were stripped black and white like zebras. I was so confused. They were dynamically morphing like I was on LSD or something. Then suddenly in a moment I felt totally normal.

54 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

I've been noticing lots of people with restless leg syndrome, didn't really know it was a thing, always assumed these people had to go but i don't believe half the people around me have to go number 1 and/or 2...

RLS fuggin Sucks. You can get it in anywhere in your body. I usually get it in my left shoulder occasionally. It's such a weird feeling. You don't feel anything particular, but this crazy restless feeling in a particular joint. It feels like the need to move said joint which is an odd thing to verbalize.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Bojack Horseman

it's devastating... 

big mouth is pretty cool, i just hate that nick kroll guy...

metalocalypse is also funny as hell... have you watched home movies? the animation might turn some people off at the beggining but it's one of the most cozy shows out there... it's from the same creators, brendon small, same people who created bob's burgers which is also a favorite...

but to me nothing beats pendleton ward's stuff... hands down... the animation is so psychedelic i couldn't care less for the writing (which is also superb), you just melt in the couch drooling at the visuals...

edit: i'm putting anime apart...

Edited by Tim_J

On 4/24/2020 at 1:31 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Another show that wouldn't exist were it not for the Simpsons (even gauging from the opening shot alone).

influenced by something doesn't mean necessarily being worse, or not being better, better cars are done today, better buildings, better chairs, better everything, and everything is based/influenced on old stuff...

7 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

metalocalypse is also funny as hell...

I've watched the first few episodes recently, pretty good show. What are the must watch episodes, and does it have a linear story or is it episodic?

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 1

episodic.  There's probably a few self-references here and there, but you definitely don't need to watch in sequence.  I'm realizing now there are many episodes I haven't see, which is quite exciting!  Hard to go wrong with any of them really, but Murder Outside the Box stands out in my memory, The Metalocalypse Has Begun is amazing... I'm realizing now some of the episodes do connect.  Fuck it, watch it all in sequential order - it'll be worth your time.  I'll do the same.

^never caught all of Metalocalypse but what i did see was really good stuff. on a similar tip i've been wanting to watch Squidbillies lately, i know the few most recent seasons i haven't seen anything from. earlier ones were always fucking nuts and great tho.

law makers should make it an obligation for platforms like facebook to be mutually compatible, not unlike the various phone service providers. that way there could be alternatives to facebook but you could still communicate with facebook users

3 hours ago, Tim_J said:

have you watched home movies? the animation might turn some people off at the beggining but it's one of the most cozy shows out there... it's from the same creators, brendon small, same people who created bob's burgers which is also a favorite...

I thought of Bob's Burgers immediately when you said Home Movies... so i think I've probably seen some episodes?  Will have another look at some point.

I've noticed a pattern of emoticon solidarity in reply reactions.  1 burger tends to lead to multiple burgers, 1 Farnsworth tends to lead to multiple Farnsworths, and so on, and so on.  Also popular is the emoticon rainbow, where you get 1 of each - also an act I believe of poster solidarity.  I view this as an unconscious reaction to the absence of the rolling lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

4 hours ago, Brisbot said:

I've watched the first few episodes recently, pretty good show. What are the must watch episodes, and does it have a linear story or is it episodic?

Grandpa's guitars.