IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

9 minutes ago, Lada Laika said:

also JK rowling being a TERF and shitbag is not new information anyway, she's been posting that bullshit for years

never been clear on why that position makes her or any person a shitbag tho. not once have i seen that explained, would love to read the arguments for it. 

JK Rowling might be a TERF, but it's hard to know from what she's tweeted on the issue, she's been careful to not say too much, her statements have been pretty benign and fact based. In order to be a TERF you need to be two things, E and RF. Does she think trans-women should be excluded from women-only spaces? She's not said afaik. Is she a radical feminist? I don't know. It's possible to realise that sex is binary and not want to exclude trans people from bathrooms, etc.

For the record, I am neither in favour of excluding trans people from anything, nor am I a radical feminist.

45 minutes ago, Lada Laika said:

not that you or anyone has to answer my questions but those didn’t do anything to get to my understanding of things. the Vox article quoted this tweet which i think touches on the crux of the issue?

81FE27F8-F950-4AC9-BF5A-F4C92BDF9B55.thumb.jpeg.5f1a94f80af33bd1fed8f876416c0b0a.jpeg

but like, that gets into factual reality of human biology that caze is getting at...are trans persons/etc trying to deny natural human biology? is that what’s actually happening on that side of the argument? 

Edited by auxien

all this time i thought Scott Pilgrim vs The World was financially successful but it didn't even break even.  why do bad things happen to good movies? 

it's a good movie.

pointless observation:

ice cube got locked out of twitter (by mr. twitter) and azealia banks called him "another dumbass rapper with a jewish battery on his back". 

On 6/8/2020 at 10:10 AM, auxien said:

not that you or anyone has to answer my questions but those didn’t do anything to get to my understanding of things. the Vox article quoted this tweet which i think touches on the crux of the issue?

81FE27F8-F950-4AC9-BF5A-F4C92BDF9B55.thumb.jpeg.5f1a94f80af33bd1fed8f876416c0b0a.jpeg

but like, that gets into factual reality of human biology that caze is getting at...are trans persons/etc trying to deny natural human biology? is that what’s actually happening on that side of the argument? 

People are getting fired for sticking to the biological facts. This is what JK Rowling originally spoke up about. She‘s absolutely right, FWIW. Gender identity doesn’t change your biological sex, so... case closed. 

On 6/13/2020 at 1:33 AM, Tim_J said:

Lately I've been also comparing budgets VS box office numbers... Can't help but wonder how this movie bizness works... ?

Look up “Hollywood accounting” ?

Easily the most creative thing to come out of the movie industry.

• Thanks 1

using youtube for music has one major, unmissable downside..the faux visualiser on the tab (in opera anyways) doesnt actually react to the sound. this is, in my opinion, unacceptable and causes me massive levels of distress everytime i see it.

image.png.456af179aa35375af6d7dbdb5c51dcf9.png

last night i had a dream where i told a friend this joke i came up with: what's the difference between blacks and whites? 

Spoiler

about 50 shades of grey

it's a terrible joke and it probably exists already but i guarantee my brain made it up spontaneously, i'd never heard it before

you're welcome

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

last night i had a dream where i told a friend this joke i came up with: what's the difference between blacks and whites? 

Hide contents

about 50 shades of grey

it's a terrible joke and it probably exists already but i guarantee my brain made it up spontaneously, i'd never heard it before

you're welcome

Never watched it, but I heard the entire film is basically a glorified female fetish. Just like Species was one for males.