IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

Just noticed that when the soda machine where i work doesn't have barq's vanilla, it also doesn't have coke vanilla or sprite vanilla, or any other drink with the vanilla flavor... Conclusion, there's different compartments for the drinks themselves and the flavors and the machine just mix the original drink with the flavors... 

my son lost his first tooth yesterday, so last night was the tooth fairy. I was googling tooth fairy as I was interested to find out where this concept came from, and came across

Children in Greece throw their teeth on the roof for good luck.

WTF Greece? throw your teeth on the roof and what, just leave them up there? 

5 minutes ago, zero said:

my son lost his first tooth yesterday, so last night was the tooth fairy. I was googling tooth fairy as I was interested to find out where this concept came from, and came across

WTF Greece? throw your teeth on the roof and what, just leave them up there? 

Some squirrel, bird or rat is going to eventually collect them I would guess?

I've been to places that have animals bones lying around in the town area, things like dog skulls or whatever. It's a weird vibe.

On 6/20/2020 at 3:53 PM, brian trageskin said:

flashbulb seems friendlier than chris clark

both make shitty music yet if i had to choose who i'd prefer being stuck on a desert island with, i'd pick flashbulb without any hesitation

Flashbulb posted a video that took a potshot at a colleague so I'm starting to veer into dislike territory. Otherwise I thought he was alright.

On 6/12/2020 at 7:33 PM, Tim_J said:

Lately I've been also comparing budgets VS box office numbers... Can't help but wonder how this movie bizness works... ?

I recently found out that Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides holds the record as the most expensive film ever made.  It was also one of the worst films ever made.  And yet it was a massive financial success.  Somehow Disney can just funnel endless money into a movie and it will make them tons of money regardless of whether it's actually enjoyable to watch.

The stupidest part is that these expensive movies that cost hundreds of millions are usually just watched once, because they get worse and worse with every viewing due to the complete absence of any subtlety or creativity.  Akira Kurosawa made movies that get better and better after 20 viewings and he had to slow down drastically and leave many films unmade because his own studio refused to fund his projects.

Edited by drillkicker
  • Thanks 1

Tryna eat non-dairy Ben & Jerry's under the influence is like tryna carve out chunks of styrofoam packaging with a spoone and eeding it

EDIT: I regret this post

Edited by timbre monke

7 hours ago, Braintree said:

Flashbulb posted a video that took a potshot at a colleague so I'm starting to veer into dislike territory. Otherwise I thought he was alright.

name of said colleague and link to video

5 hours ago, drillkicker said:

I recently found out that Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides holds the record as the most expensive film ever made.  It was also one of the worst films ever made.  And yet it was a massive financial success.  Somehow Disney can just funnel endless money into a movie and it will make them tons of money regardless of whether it's actually enjoyable to watch.

The stupidest part is that these expensive movies that cost hundreds of millions are usually just watched once, because they get worse and worse with every viewing due to the complete absence of any subtlety or creativity.  Akira Kurosawa made movies that get better and better after 20 viewings and he had to slow down drastically and leave many films unmade because his own studio refused to fund his projects.

the reason for that is simple, those disney films were foolproof investments, hence the massive funding

ExcitableNecessaryHornshark-size_restric

2 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

name of said colleague and link to video

the reason for that is simple, those disney films were foolproof investments, hence the massive funding

ExcitableNecessaryHornshark-size_restric

The first guy he mentions here, Moldover. I'm not really into his music, but he's super nice and works really hard. He also makes a lot of pretty interesting instruments. Just seems fucking tasteless for Ben to punch down on the guy.

53 minutes ago, Braintree said:

The first guy he mentions here, Moldover. I'm not really into his music, but he's super nice and works really hard. He also makes a lot of pretty interesting instruments. Just seems fucking tasteless for Ben to punch down on the guy.

i agree with him 100% though. calling yourself the godfather of whatever (if the guy really did so) is arrogant and cringe imo, not to say plain stupid

experts and pioneers don't brag about their leading position, at most they'll mention being competent in their field

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

i agree with him 100% though. calling yourself the godfather of whatever (if the guy really did so) is arrogant and cringe imo, not to say plain stupid

experts and pioneers don't brag about their leading position, at most they'll mention being competent in their field

He didn't name himself, though. Here's his response from an IG post:

Achievement unlocked! I am "confident" enough to get called out in the first 10 seconds of @bennjordan ‘s newest video! But just for the record, I’m not claiming to be the “foremost expert”, only a:

Godfather; /ˈɡädˌfäT͟Hər/ ; noun
2. a man who is influential or pioneering in a movement or organization.

It was a TV show (that you can still find by searching “Arte Tracks Moldover”) that dubbed me as such, and perhaps it was conceited to carry the title forward, but remember that “controllerism” is a purely invented word and establishing it in the lexicon required a massive effort in the years that followed.

I’m happy to call you “The Godfather of CynicalYouTuberism”, but good luck inspiring a community to adopt the term ? Love ya Benn ❤️
( ! )

#controllerism

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB1itwZhrzb/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link