IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

2 hours ago, dingformung said:

Your math skills are impressive. But try it, it works every time with the minimum age being 14 obviously. A 14 year old can have a relationship with another 14 year old. A 50 year old's partner shouldn't be younger than 32, etc. Mind blowing stuff, right?

2/2 = 1

1+7 = 8

2 can fuck with 8

What's wrong with my math yo? 

Btw, what happens at 14?

4 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

Btw, what happens at 14?

It's socially acceptable to be horny but only for people exactly your own age

Just now, Tim_J said:

From a legal perspective? Or solely sociable? 

Just sociably, legal limitations may vary

so with 14 being the minimum age, let agepartner1 = 20 years old

Then according to your math agepartner2 = (agepartner1 / 2) + 7 = 17 years old.

wtf is this

14 minutes ago, IOS said:

wtf is this

IMO, age/2 + 8 would make more sense to me. Then the whole scale would start at 16 and by age 20 you're only banging anyone at least 18yo.

Edited by zkom
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IOS said:

wtf is this

A 20 year old can't bang anyone below 17 without it being weird, that's right. If a 20 year old bangs a 17 year old who am I to judge? As long as it's consensual I don't find it weird at all. It's 3 years difference mate

My equation stands

I'm halfway fine with zkoms suggestion, too, though. But I don't think that it's socially unacceptable that 15 and 14 year olds are in relationships with each other

Edited by dingformung

1 hour ago, zkom said:

IMO, age/2 + 8 would make more sense to me. Then the whole scale would start at 16 and by age 20 you're only banging anyone at least 18yo.

yeah but that's according to western standards...

Edited by Tim_J

54 minutes ago, IOS said:

Just to avoid any confusion about age of consent being listed as 14 in Germany. You must be under 21 to be allowed to sleep with someone under 18 and over 14, legally. It's definitely not socially accepted, though. It would just maybe be too harsh of a stigma to put an 18 year old that sleeps with a 17 year old or 14 year old into the "sex offender" category

Nigeria you sick fuck

Edited by dingformung

25 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Just to avoid any confusion about age of consent being listed as 14 in Germany. You must be under 21 to be allowed to sleep with someone under 18 and over 14, legally.

Also in Finland the kind of "unlimited" sex only applies if you're over 18. 16 has some caveats, like it can't be prostitution or with somebody who is in a "parental role" with the person, doesn't have to be a biological parent. Prostitution is legal in Finland if both parties are 18yo or older, as long as there is no human trafficking or procuring involved, so there are no legal brothels in Finland like in Germany.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dingformung said:

The youngest socially acceptable age of a person to have sex / a relationship with without it being weird is your age divided by two plus seven (with 14 being the minimum age)

That rule stops when you're 40 though.

3 minutes ago, milkface said:

I'd say it stops at 30. After that you should be pretty much an adult and more concerned with other power dynamics in play like wealth and income difference, social status and authority.

Just now, zkom said:

I'd say it stops at 30. After that you should be pretty much an adult and more concerned with other power dynamics in play like wealth and income difference, social status and authority.

Oh for sure. I'm aware of a couple that have 13 year age gap between them but I would never condone it.

8 minutes ago, milkface said:

Why? A woman that's 40 being a couple with a man under the age of 27 would indeed get some weird looks. I guess men do have a bit more freedom here as usual. I personally don't think that everyone should always act within the bounds of social acceptance, but I do think that the equation still works above 40. How much importance you give social acceptability is your own choice.

3 minutes ago, zkom said:

A lot of people don't think that way, though. You have a relatively modern view, which I share, but don't feel the majority shares. But there might be cultural differences.

Edited by dingformung

1 hour ago, zkom said:

Also in Finland the kind of "unlimited" sex only applies if you're over 18.

"Unlimited sex" sounds like a promising broadband deal, until you read the terms and conditions and realise fair use applies and they cap your speed, and you get a crap connection coverage in your area. Now you're stuck for 12 or 18 months legally bound to a fucking contract that you can't get out of, and having to ocassionaly wank to your neighbour's wife until he realises and blocks you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

Why? A woman that's 40 being a couple with a man under the age of 27 would indeed get some weird looks. I guess men do have a bit more freedom here as usual. I personally don't think that everyone should always act within the bounds of social acceptance, but I do think that the equation still works above 40. How much importance you give social acceptability is your own choice.

A lot of people don't think that way, though. You have a relatively modern view, which I share, but don't feel the majority shares. But there might be cultural differences.

Because it's fucking weird. That's why. Besides because of a minor generational gap you may not even get along, you grew up watching different TV shows, listening to different music etc.

+ I only said the 40 thing because that's what I've heard so many different people say that that rule stops at 40 so I say the same thing.

Edited by milkface

Nobody would blame a 46-year-old man to have sex with a 30-year-old woman. But maybe the woman would get stigmatised with "daddy issues" or something like that, and perhaps the guy with "mid life crisis" or some bullshit. Men have more freedom than women. So maybe you are onto something if you say that the applicability of this equation is more dependant on the social circle you are in the higher the age, and perhaps 40 actually is a threshold at which it is safe to say that the rule doesn't apply in the majority of social circles any longer. Maybe in Germany that threshold would be slightly higher since Germany is a mainly conservative country but a bit less conservative than the UK. I would say, the more conservative the social bubble you are in the lower the threshold at which the rule by tendency doesn't apply any longer.