IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

been listening exclusively to zappa for the last 2 months, strongly considering spending around 450 dollar buying the zappa records LP reissues that are for sale on amazon... everybody praises them for the fantastic pressing...

Edited by Tim_J

On 7/17/2020 at 9:12 AM, iococoi said:

okay this is fantastic. La Monte Young has done some mind-blowing music with ideas like these.

• Like 1

there was a sean lock bit where he asked "at what point does a leaflet become a pamphlet" and its been distressing me all day

5 hours ago, mause said:

there was a sean lock bit where he asked "at what point does a leaflet become a pamphlet" and its been distressing me all day

leaflet = one sheet of paper, might be folded in a way you have more pages, but is basically one "leaf", basic information, like a flyer, promotional or propaganda

pamphlet = more than a leaflet, also information is expanded, like an article...

I don't know really

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

leaflet = one sheet of paper, might be folded in a way you have more pages, but is basically one "leaf", basic information, like a flyer, promotional or propaganda

pamphlet = more than a leaflet, also information is expanded, like an article...

I don't know really

the suffix "let" also implies they are both smaller versions of something too..so like..is the hierarchy Leaflet > Leaf > Pamphlet > Pam ?? 

I used to play Quake online, and for some reason one of the player handles just popped into my head: Rumpled Foreskin.  It made me lol, internally.  What a username.  The fact that Tim_J's post related to usernames is a merely a fun coincidence.  I was already determined to share my Quake anecdote here for some reason.

Can't help but notice the resemblance between the Gescom logo and that of one of the Combine's from HL2/Alyx (idgaf about copyright discrepancies, purely coincidence I'm sure)
Gescom | Discography | DiscogsSurvival Version Hack Dtech Transparent Background - Half Life Combine  Icon, HD Png Download , Transparent Png Image - PNGitem

Edited by timbre monke
  • Thanks 1

I was just thinking yesterday that how crazy it is that Dolph Lundgren was dating Grace Jones for four years back in the 80s. That's quite a matching to say the least. Then randomly randomly ran into this photo today. Holy fuck.

XLwipPh.jpg

People shit on plastic bags (figuratively) and for a good reason most of the time, but I have to say I really appreciate a good plastic bag like the ones you get from tax free shops at airports or upscale clothing stores that are this kind of very thick almost impenetrable plastic. Some of those bags I've used literally for years to pack things in a waterproof way.

Edited by zkom