IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

8 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I’ve read the same - they can sell your DNA information to third parties. I’m not about to be a criminal but that sounds like the worst possible privacy infringement.... actually having companies own your DNA? yikes. 

Doesn't it sound like the premise for a Gibson novel? Some dystopian cyberpunk shit. No thank you.

• Like 1

I'm trying to read what I thought was the beginner's lite (read: "approachable") version of the arguments in A Critique of Pure Reason (Prolegomena to Any Future Metaphysics) and I'm feelin' real stupid.

Edited by luke viia

18 hours ago, Braintree said:

I'm really not sure. My great grandmother was half Cherokee, or that's what I was told. I think it might be a mistake, to be honest. My great aunt and uncle also took it but that part didn't show up for them :shrug:

Every American family claims to have Native American ancestry.  It's almost never true.

2 hours ago, luke viia said:

I'm trying to read what I thought was the beginner's lite (read: "approachable") version of the arguments in A Critique of Pure Reason (Prolegomena to Any Future Metaphysics) and I'm feelin' real stupid.

I didn't understand Pure Reason until I took psilocybin.  It's all about metacognition.

4 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

Every American family claims to have Native American ancestry.  It's almost never true.

I didn't understand Pure Reason until I took psilocybin.  It's all about metacognition.

Pretty sure it's true in my case. She died when I was 16 and she was brown as fuck. The thing with the DNA test is that I'm not sure what timeline they're using.

My dad had a test done too, and apparently there's Blackfoot on his side.

9 hours ago, luke viia said:

Pretty sure Kant wrote that thing with the express intent of making other people feel stupid.  To that end it has been one of philosophy's greatest success stories.

I have this thing where when I’m to solve a problem or trying to work something out I’ll keep trying a method I know is not gonna work even when I already know what it is that I should be trying instead. Wonder if there is some sort of name for that besides stupidity. 

20 minutes ago, user said:

I have this thing where when I’m to solve a problem or trying to work something out I’ll keep trying a method I know is not gonna work even when I already know what it is that I should be trying instead. Wonder if there is some sort of name for that besides stupidity. 

Stubbornness?

• Thanks 1

Yeah, that popped into my head right after hitting "submit reply". Actually, it was "foolhardiness" but that's more or less the same thing I guess.

On 10/10/2020 at 3:34 PM, yekker said:

Someone raped a native in your past. Doesn't seem that crazy.

Definitely a possibility.

can anyone do me a small favour and recommend a piece of free software that can just add audio files to video files? I have aftereffects but i cannot for the fucking life of me figure out why it is exporting videos off my phone that are 1.2 gigabytes as 25 gigabyte AVI's when all ive done is added a direct recording of the piano and change the brightness.

On 10/11/2020 at 1:54 PM, luke viia said:

Well... yeah. I got that much.

No, I'm saying that the book requires an extreme level metacognition in order to make sense of it.  I wasn't able to dissect my thoughts to such a degree until the psilocybin.

Trying to read Pure Reason before experiencing it was impossibly difficult, but afterwards it was completely coherent.

Once when I was coming down from 'shrooms, I read some Nitzsche and thought it had way deeper clarity than ever before.  I think I was just in the headspace to be amazed by everything though... not saying that's the same in your case.  It just reminded me of that.  The trip itself was sheer hell, and Neitzsche provided a strange relief.

16 hours ago, pcock said:

can anyone do me a small favour and recommend a piece of free software that can just add audio files to video files? I have aftereffects but i cannot for the fucking life of me figure out why it is exporting videos off my phone that are 1.2 gigabytes as 25 gigabyte AVI's when all ive done is added a direct recording of the piano and change the brightness.

Rendering video can be a real headache if you don’t know exactly what you’re doing. It used to be possible to do what you want in QuickTime, not sure if it still is. Otherwise try VLC. 

Just now, user said:

Rendering video can be a real headache if you don’t know exactly what you’re doing. It used to be possible to do what you want in QuickTime, not sure if it still is. Otherwise try VLC. 

In vlc it would be something like opening the video, add audio track and then save it to a new file 

1 minute ago, user said:

In vlc it would be something like opening the video, add audio track and then save it to a new file 

I accidentally quoted myself. Goddamnit 

3 hours ago, user said:

I accidentally quoted myself. Goddamnit 

cheers for the reply. All i need to do is line it up to be frame perfect with the moment my finger hits the first note, which is actually easier said than done with any free software ive tried. Im going to see if i can figure out how to export and Avi properly in after effects though, it seems to be pointlessly upscaling the resolution to its maximum.

Yeah exporting video is a pain in the ass unless you know how the exporting parameters work... Maybe there's presets in afterfx? Like small size low quality, medium size etc etc... I didnt know you could do that kind of shit in vlc... I always thought vlc was a simple video player... 

Are you on windows? I think you can do it pretty easily with windows movie maker... 

if you can run ffmpeg/avconv in a terminal, it's very straightforward to just load a video track and an audio track as two input files and mux them together. i wouldn't do it any other way :3

19 minutes ago, Dragon said:

if you can run ffmpeg/avconv in a terminal, it's very straightforward to just load a video track and an audio track as two input files and mux them together. i wouldn't do it any other way :3

I've used this is the past... I even wrote the code and saved it on a text file... But recently I tried to use it and it's exporting completely different segments from what I remember... I need to check the /help again...