IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

I did a quick google search on population distribution and coastal regions and it seems to be a pretty complex & interesting topic on it but the papers generally fall into the socioeconomic domain which is kinda what I expected. Can't dive in tonight to try and explain the eastern phenom but hope to tomorrow. Thanks for bringing up such an interesting topic!! ?

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 3:41 AM, ignatius said:

Crocs are just jorts for the feet. 

• Sad 1
  • Farnsworth 1

For days my mind has been stuck on the factoid that there are  ~300 lbs of insects for every pound of human on the planet. I keep imagining myself sinking into a field of beetles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, luke viia said:

For days my mind has been stuck on the factoid that there are  ~300 lbs of insects for every pound of human on the planet. I keep imagining myself sinking into a field of beetles.

related! Not sure if you know about this already but I found it pretty insane - https://www.intelligentliving.co/4000-year-old-termite-mounds/

Brazilian mega termite colony - estimated 200 million mounds, estimated amt excavated = equivalent to 4000 great pyramids of giza. 

• Like 2

Just now, luke viia said:

Also heard that insects were way bigger back in dinosaur times. And that supposedly prolonged exposure to concentrated oxygen over generations has the same effect.

57 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

related! Not sure if you know about this already but I found it pretty insane - https://www.intelligentliving.co/4000-year-old-termite-mounds/

Brazilian mega termite colony - estimated 200 million mounds, estimated amt excavated = equivalent to 4000 great pyramids of giza. 

This is unbelievable ?

Edited by Tim_J

2 hours ago, luke viia said:

Heat!

this time 10 years ago (ocotober 2010) i was in my second year of graphic design courses at a community college in rural new brunswick. i was mostly not attending classes by that point. i would eventually drop out. i lived in student housing with three young women. my male classmates told me that this made me "fuckin lucky, dude". i mostly stayed in my room making ambient music. i was in the middle of a 1.5 month long experiment in trying to adopt polyphasic sleep patterns - sleeping 20 minutes every four hours. This actually wasn't inspired by Aphex Twin, even though age 19 was peak IDM-bro for me. The initial days (or let's say, the singular eternally-mutating UR-day) were magical. I felt like I hacked into the matrix. I hadn't done any drugs at that point but it was basically like that. Like a genuine psychedelic trip. i would sit in the middle of the street at 4AM, playing an out of tune acoustic guitar & watching the sun come up from behind the bridge over the river. after a few days i felt like my existence had become a solid black mass that i was navigating through. Shadow people everywhere. Couldn't sit down because i would just immediately pass out. I became increasingly manic in my attempts to remain lucid. I sang out of key at all hours & played an old electric organ. I began to frequently make sourdough flatbread, which rapidly deteriorated in quality with each batch (I distinctly remember one of my roommates coming into the kitchen once in the middle of the night & asking "whatcha doin, Owen?". i was standing over the stove eating uncooked goo laden with apple peels out of a cast iron pan. "makin pancakes", i said). i produced most of the content on this album http://world3.tk/#trx110 in the space of a few days (the actual album didn't come out for another year. at that time i was permanently done with releasing music to the public). memories become scattered. driving home for the thanksgiving holiday with a guy who was in the programming course. he played a nickelback mixtape on repeat. my mom cried because i had lost at least 1/3rd of my body weight since the last time she had seen me. i felt free. i felt like god. i stayed up in th midnight watching slenderman videos & reading the achewood archives. And eventually, I slept. When I awoke, days had gone by.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

this time 10 years ago (ocotober 2010) i was in my second year of graphic design courses at a community college in rural new brunswick. i was mostly not attending classes by that point. i would eventually drop out. i lived in student housing with three young women. my male classmates told me that this made me "fuckin lucky, dude". i mostly stayed in my room making ambient music. i was in the middle of a 1.5 month long experiment in trying to adopt polyphasic sleep patterns - sleeping 20 minutes every four hours. This actually wasn't inspired by Aphex Twin, even though age 19 was peak IDM-bro for me. The initial days (or let's say, the singular eternally-mutating UR-day) were magical. I felt like I hacked into the matrix. I hadn't done any drugs at that point but it was basically like that. Like a genuine psychedelic trip. i would sit in the middle of the street at 4AM, playing an out of tune acoustic guitar & watching the sun come up from behind the bridge over the river. after a few days i felt like my existence had become a solid black mass that i was navigating through. Shadow people everywhere. Couldn't sit down because i would just immediately pass out. I became increasingly manic in my attempts to remain lucid. I sang out of key at all hours & played an old electric organ. I began to frequently make sourdough flatbread, which rapidly deteriorated in quality with each batch (I distinctly remember one of my roommates coming into the kitchen once in the middle of the night & asking "whatcha doin, Owen?". i was standing over the stove eating uncooked goo laden with apple peels out of a cast iron pan. "makin pancakes", i said). i produced most of the content on this album http://world3.tk/#trx110 in the space of a few days (the actual album didn't come out for another year. at that time i was permanently done with releasing music to the public). memories become scattered. driving home for the thanksgiving holiday with a guy who was in the programming course. he played a nickelback mixtape on repeat. my mom cried because i had lost at least 1/3rd of my body weight since the last time she had seen me. i felt free. i felt like god. i stayed up in th midnight watching slenderman videos & reading the achewood archives. And eventually, I slept. When I awoke, days had gone by.

Crazy, man. Are you doing better these days?

Edited by yekker

it comes in waves tbh. 2019 was a very sensible year by my standards (just worked full time, went to the gym, and saved up a lot of money). 2020 has of course been quite hermetic (just reading lots of philosophy, making trax, doing yoga & cashing in my Justin Tru-dough) but I feel like I'm handling it far better than many I've spoken with. Certainly I find myself growing antsy for something to happen, but at the same time i feel much better off than i was working all the time. at least for now.

honestly 2020 feels like a pretty good position to be in. i seem to have this innate need to explore the frontier regions of my consciousness & in the past this has manifested as prolonged semi-ritualistic self-destruction practices. but in 2020 the official narrative is "stay in your house, don't go out, go inward my child" so it's almost like rn i have nothing to push back against. life is just weird by default right now, i don't have to engage in risky behaviour to call it out

• Like 4

Sorry if this is weird but just wanted to say I’ve enjoyed the writings, photo’s and music you shared on your site since forever and am glad to see you’re still about. Feel like a total internet creep rn. Sorry. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, user said:

Sorry if this is weird but just wanted to say I’ve enjoyed the writings, photo’s and music you shared on your site since forever and am glad to see you’re still about. Feel like a total internet creep rn. Sorry. 

not creepy at all! ty. sometimes the things on my site are very personal but if they're up there they're meant to be seen. it means a lot to me when ppl do see them!

(rn the site is in a very minimal state, i think because books have been my primary aesthetic influence this year...just put a new album out tho, want to get back into posting my journals again soon)

• Like 2

I thought that term was applicable but maybe that's pushing it. But what I mean is some of the absurdistic comedy out there is just that. But a lot of people always want to make sense of things and can't live with that sort of emptiness that eg. Tim & Eric's work leaves behind sometimes. just my pointless observations. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Berk said:

you know when your friends don't get tim & eric's awesome show and keep looking for an explanation for the joke or shit like that? turns out there's a word for that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horror_vacui

Thanks for that word. It describes perfectly what I do when making tracks. I simply can't leave empty space