IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

This year might be the first in which I didn't consume a single piece of candy on Halloween. Even after I bought and brought in a full bag to share at work, I opted for a persimmon instead for actual eating.

1 hour ago, ambermonke said:

This year might be the first in which I didn't consume a single piece of candy on Halloween. Even after I bought and brought in a full bag to share at work, I opted for a persimmon instead for actual eating.

I too did not have a single piece of candy.  Unless a ridiculous helping of some chocolate-pudding-esque thing counts.  That's pretty much candy I guess.  But it's candy that the host made, so I couldn't not eat it.  And it was rather good.  No regrets.

• Like 1

Now that I'm not on any sort of externally-imposed schedule, my sleep/wake cycle has been gradually desynchronizing from the 24h day - but not like, in the way that it usually does for most ppl (ie staying up later & waking up later). I've basically been going to bed at sundown & waking up earlier each day for months. Last night I went to bed at 6:30PM & this morning I was fully awake at 2:45AM.

It highly irritates me when anyone (mostly silicon valley top nerds and Elon Musk) says that we, and life on planet Earth, might be a simulation, or that we live in a simulation. I just think it's kind of a perverse and incredibly retarded thing to say. It's ok if it's a fun thought experiment, but the way they all say it with a spark in their eye, like they know it's a simulation and act like it... I just think it's a dangerous self-illusion, especially for people with power.

Life is not a video game where you can pretend nothing really matters. Shit is real, and not a video game that you can put on a shelf once you get bored with it, or don't like the way you screwed our economy and devouring nature's resources. It doesn't have a save game point 30 years back. It's real, and irreversible. Decisions matter, not just for you, but for everyone and everything on this planet. It just shows how childhood obsessions (imagining a cyber world tailored to your needs) can become rooted and define one's perception of reality, or even entire generation's perception of reality.

Yes, you too, transhumanists.

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

6 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Technocrats are disposable.

Everything and everyone seem to be disposable in this day and age.

For people who seem to be so bent on rationalism and factual view on the world, their idea of simulation is just incredibly ignorant.

• Like 1

@drillkickerI'm still on the ship dude and I can't download torrents...  I've watched every movie and finished every TV show I have on my HD... Anyway, I'm really surprised I can stream decent quality video at 720p on a 200kbps connection on Netflix... On YouTube I hardly can watch 480p videos without it freezing every 10 seconds... 

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

@drillkickerI'm still on the ship dude and I can't download torrents...  I've watched every movie and finished every TV show I have on my HD... Anyway, I'm really surprised I can stream decent quality video at 720p on a 200kbps connection on Netflix... On YouTube I hardly can watch 480p videos without it freezing every 10 seconds... 

Dude, yer still on the ship? Have you gone cray cray yet? :blink:

• Like 2

Yeah, post a picture of your ship TimJ! I'm also going through some tough times thinking about you. Good on you getting your netflix on. Endless garbage! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

My sanity begins to unravel just thinking about how long TimJ has been on that ship.

1,152 days is the current world record for number of days at sea.

@Tim_J you up for the challenge?

• Like 1