IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

43 minutes ago, zero said:

1,152 days is the current world record for number of days at sea.

@Tim_J you up for the challenge?

Actually I'm thinking about going home by the end of the month if all goes well... :fingerscrossed:

• Like 1

Hope that buying a house thing works out for ya and you could save loads of moneyz. At least you didn't have to deal with guests on the ship, right? I imagine cruise trippers (or whatever is the correct term for them) are an extremely entitled breed of humans (but I could be wrong here)

5 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

Yeah most of them act like divas... 

how often do they say “do you know how much I paid for this cruise!!?” ?

for some reason I imagine that (or something to that effect) is a common phrase lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

how often do they say “do you know how much I paid for this cruise!!?” ?

for some reason I imagine that (or something to that effect) is a common phrase lol

I don't interact directly with them that much... But I'm sure that must be one of the top 10 phrases they drop on guest services desk... ?

9 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

I don't interact directly with them that much... 

Oh good lol. That would be brutal. Takes a special kind of person to work customer service, amazing amount of patience.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

Tech stage staff... I work in the theater backstage in the production shows setting scenery, props and stuff... and I setup bands around the venues of the ship... Not a sound tech.. I don't mix... Yet... Just set up the equipment... some maintenance once in a while...

Edited by Tim_J

22 hours ago, Tim_J said:

@drillkickerI'm still on the ship dude and I can't download torrents...  I've watched every movie and finished every TV show I have on my HD... Anyway, I'm really surprised I can stream decent quality video at 720p on a 200kbps connection on Netflix... On YouTube I hardly can watch 480p videos without it freezing every 10 seconds... 

If you download the Newpipe app, you can download the paid movies from YouTube using the proxy, and it's actually not illegal.  It's on F-Droid.  I use it to download old movies all the time, since I also live out in the middle of nowhere with extremely slow internet.

You can use it to download videos in the background as well.  I usually download movies overnight and watch them the next day.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

Tech stage staff... I work in the theater backstage in the production shows setting scenery, props and stuff... and I setup bands around the venues of the ship... Not a sound tech.. I don't mix... Yet... Just set up the equipment... some maintenance once in a while...

Cool man, sounds like a good gig.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, drillkicker said:

If you download the Newpipe app, you can download the paid movies from YouTube using the proxy, and it's actually not illegal.  It's on F-Droid.  I use it to download old movies all the time, since I also live out in the middle of nowhere with extremely slow internet.

You can use it to download videos in the background as well.  I usually download movies overnight and watch them the next day.

Hey thanks a bunch... I've had this installed before but completely forgot about it... I just installed it, now, how can I find those paid movies to download? ?

Btw @dingformungis so gay... 

Edited by Tim_J

On 11/3/2020 at 11:39 PM, Tim_J said:

Hey thanks a bunch... I've had this installed before but completely forgot about it... I just installed it, now, how can I find those paid movies to download? ?

Btw @dingformungis so gay... 

Just search for movies that you want to watch and hit the download button.  It's mostly old and foreign movies, but that's basically all I watch anyway.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

Just search for movies that you want to watch and hit the download button.  It's mostly old and foreign movies, but that's basically all I watch anyway.

I thought you meant browsing the list of movies that you can actually buy on YouTube... 

https://www.youtube.com/movies

Anyway when I click that link I get an empty list... Nothing to buy or watch... ?

Edited by Tim_J

2 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

I thought you meant browsing the list of movies that you can actually buy on YouTube... 

https://www.youtube.com/movies

Maybe it doesn't have all the paid movies.  I don't actually use the YouTube web site so I don't know what isn't on Newpipe.

But maybe if you buy a movie on YouTube you can login to your account on Newpipe and download it for offline viewing.

• Thanks 1

This is about to sound nerdy af...but I think Autechre as a word can be transcribed into phonetic kanji (ateji) in Japanese. The best I could come up with is 王手化 - pronounced "outeka", and means (roughly) "Influence by the King's Hand".

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1