IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

I'm pretty sure every one is brainwashed at this point. you're either brainwashed on the right or brainwashed on the left. why can't the centrists have more of a say in things? you know, the middle ground where things like science and objectivity have value. why is it always us vs. them?

oh fuck it. I'm brainwashed by alcohol right now. carry on.

Edited by zero
  • Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

21 hours ago, zero said:

I'm pretty sure every one is brainwashed at this point.

yeah tbh i feel like with each passing year (and maybe this is just a result of me getting older) it feels harder & harder  to go any length of time without feeling like some faction is directly or indirectly trying to persuade me to a worldview which seems like it would eventually lead to violent uprising. Even to attempt to be apolitical these days is seen as being a politically-charged statement: ie, you're a boomer neoliberal who just wants to grill, or commodity-fetishizing bugman. In either case the right & the left will despise you for not being activated. i just want to make trax & spend time in the woods ffs

anyways the pointless thought i came here to post: i wonder how many watmm members are younger than watmm itself? i mean i would have been eight years old when watmm started, so it seems entirely possible

• Like 1

"typical japanese highway photo" is one of my favourite colour palettes

also after many months of my netbook saying the battery was completely non-functional (and indeed, the few times i accidentally unplugged my computer, it immediately turned off, much to my unchargin). now for no apparent reason it's saying it's completely charged & functioning fine? i'm nervous to test this. also this netbook is from the first term of the obama administration so it's got some city miles

Sometimes when I hover my finger over a link on my phone the link opens even though I didn't touch it. It makes me think maybe it's electricity from my finger that causes that. Anyone?

10 hours ago, yekker said:

Sometimes when I hover my finger over a link on my phone the link opens even though I didn't touch it. It makes me think maybe it's electricity from my finger that causes that. Anyone?

https://electronics.howstuffworks.com/iphone1.htm

The act of touching by definition requires a dualistic order of things. If you presume oneness as compared to duality, touching cannot happen. The same, for a different reason, can be said about duality. Particles never touch and waves never touch either because they are seamlessly connected. But the human mind can't make sense of a sort of dialectic that encompasses both duality and oneness, like you find in quantum mechanics. Therefore it is impossible to say whether anyone ever touches anything.

• Farnsworth 2

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

The act of touching by definition requires a dualistic order of things. If you presume oneness as compared to duality, touching cannot happen. The same, for a different reason, can be said about duality. Particles never touch and waves never touch either because they are seamlessly connected. But the human mind can't make sense of a sort of dialectic that encompasses both duality and oneness, like you find in quantum mechanics. Therefore it is impossible to say whether anyone ever touches anything.

To follow the mission is to become one with it.
Rejuvenation is the truth of learning, and of us. Consciousness consists of atomic ionization of quantum energy. “Quantum” means a deepening of the unlimited.
Without intention, one cannot grow.
It is a sign of things to come. Gaia will enable us to access ever-present spacetime. It is in summoning that we are re-energized.

Yes, it is possible to exterminate the things that can obliterate us, but not without inseparability on our side. Selfishness is the antithesis of health. You must take a stand against selfishness.

Today, science tells us that the essence of nature is curiosity. By evolving, we believe. Rejuvenation is a constant.

The complexity of the present time seems to demand a summoning of our brains if we are going to survive.
Child, look within and strengthen yourself. Have you found your vision quest? How should you navigate this endless nexus?

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

The horror movie I saw in theatre when I was quite young that I had always presumed to be Tremors, was in fact Screamers.  They are almost the same movie, but one has mechanical creatures with saws leaping up from under the desert floor to eviscerate people; the other contains completely organic creatures with sharp teeth leaping up from under the desert floor to eviscerate people.