IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

human beings are no longer capable of being adults. there are too many changes to society that have happened over time, which has resulted in adults behaving worse than children. in the future, when our AI robot overlords are in charge, they should grow humans and allow them to only have a childhood. by the time they are 18 or so, they should be terminated. there is no need to let them grow into copulating, angry, fully grown humans, who try and destroy things around them and each other.

• Farnsworth 2

This winter I plan to transform into an Azeri merchant.  I have already taken to buying exotic textiles and animal pelts.  Next, I will begin storing vast amounts of cinnamon and cardamom and hire duduk players to enliven my festivities.

recipe websites are excruciating.

it must be a requisite that the person prattle on exorbitantly before they get to the ingredients. that way, they can sandwich a video ad in beween every paragraph. then there are the popup videos. and authors with good recipes probably despise these sites and their formats so the recipes you get are mediocre shit with unnecessary ingredients and steps. and it's a huge industry so search results are clogged with a million of this shit.

any recs?

edit: nm google has me covered

image.png.51d2893a9d9015fb5568f0c0b485fd6f.png

Edited by very honest
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, very honest said:

recipe websites are excruciating.

it must be a requisite that the person prattle on exorbitantly before they get to the ingredients that way they can sandwich a video ad in beween every paragraph. then there are the popup videos. and authors with good recipes probably despise these sites and their formats so the recipes you get are mediocre shit with unnecessary ingredients and steps. and it's a huge industry so search results are clogged with a million of this shit.

any recs?

edit: nm google has me covered

image.png.51d2893a9d9015fb5568f0c0b485fd6f.png

Oh god. I know exactly what you mean. It's like they all feel that they have to write a god damn autobiography that takes up two-thirds of the page. I don't get it.

That's why I just use YT for recipes - most vids are less than 10 min.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ambermonke said:

That's why I just use YT for recipes - most vids are less than 10 min.

Youtube for everything is what destroys civilization. I can read, dammit, and reading the ingredients list + method would have taken me 30 seconds.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Youtube for everything is what destroys civilization. I can read, dammit, and reading the ingredients list + method would have taken me 30 seconds.

Good. I'm glad your reading ability serves you well. 

YT is merely an alternate learning method - one by which I've learned many recipes this year. If there are cataclysmic ramifications for preferring one learning method over the other, then I'm curious to know why.

10 years ago it would offend me personally whenever ppl would make fun of the output of hobbiest music producer forums (ie like on here whenever someone goes "haha this shit is worse than ekt" about a label release). but now it just kinda confuses me. it's like going into a gym & saying "wow who are you guys trying to impress? you're never going to look like Arnold, so why even bother?"

I saw a Craigslist ad for a camera at less than half the lowest price that it usually goes for used, which has put me into a state of anxiety until the seller responds to me and I can confirm that it's stolen property.

23 hours ago, drillkicker said:

I saw a Craigslist ad for a camera at less than half the lowest price that it usually goes for used, which has put me into a state of anxiety until the seller responds to me and I can confirm that it's stolen property.

yeah dude, been down that road too. Its always either stolen or fake or completely broken. You know what they say, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is ?

People should wear hats more.  Its absurd going around with a naked head all the time.  It's like wearing crotchless leather chaps.  Fine for the privacy of your own home, less great for picking the kids up.  More hats for everyone, in quantity and frequency.  My cat refuses to wear a hat and she's an arsehole.  Don't be a twat, wear a funking hat.

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2020 at 11:05 AM, rhmilo said:

Books? Reading? Please. I only rely on what my ancestors have passed down to me by grunting sounds, no need to use technology like writing or language.

Edited by dingformung
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Books? Reading? Please. I only rely on what my ancestors has passed down to me by grunting sounds, no need to use technology like writing or language.

Well, then I'm sure you will enjoy using your computing device where you issue commands by pointing at things and hitting them to watch videos of other cavemen like you grunting and burping to present their arguments.

• Like 2