Jump to content

Your pointless thoughts & observations


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Tim_J said:

Haven't set foot on land since end of March... 

jfc you're like an astronaut

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still don't know the story behind the burger reaction and i feel extremely left out... 

I'm awoken from sleep by a message telling me trump's got the covid. Get more celebratory messages from friends, wake up, make myself a nice cup of espresso, go to my home office spot and I'm greeted

I've noticed a pattern of emoticon solidarity in reply reactions.  1 burger tends to lead to multiple burgers, 1 Farnsworth tends to lead to multiple Farnsworths, and so on, and so on.  Also popular i

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Tim_J said:

They're gonna start vaccination in October 4th...

Nevermind, it's just the common flu shot... 

Edited by Tim_J
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, zero said:
11 hours ago, Tim_J said:

Haven't set foot on land since end of March... 

jfc you're like an astronaut

   

                                                                                               This is Sea Patrol to Major Tim

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Something bad happened to me that I saw coming months in advance but it's only affected me once it's happened. Why the hell do I feel like shit even though I knew the thing was coming and had months to come to term with it. I was seemingly fine with it but it's only now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a lot of records where each side has a clearly well thought out, deliberate opener and closer.  More CDs/digital releases should have some kind of intermission halfway through to reflect this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ate that acid this morning. was feeling a little apprehensive about it last night so i only took one hit instead of both, kinda glad i did in retrospect. tripped as hard as i wanted to. was a serious one this time. like it was fun and funny for like the first hour and then it got kinda intense and super introspective. first time tripping alone. paced around constantly. took a few pages of notes.

listened to Geogaddi on the come up, really started feeling it around Alpha and Omega, and completely forgot about the "yellow" and it really caught me off guard and made me laugh my ass off. The hypnotist voice during The Devil is in the Details was making me laugh too, like it just seemed really over the top at the time. Really beautiful record though, was a good peaceful start despite all the dark ominous stuff in it.

listened to syro and most of quaristice too. syro has so much like, crazy wriggling shit in it, was really digging it. quaristice sounded completely alien. like in a good way. like "wow, people made music that sounds like this. how???"

after that i played a little piano

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mushroom said:

listened to syro and most of quaristice too. syro has so much like, crazy wriggling shit in it, was really digging it.

                                                                            i always thought SYRO would be awesome to listen/dance to tripping or rolling:)

                                                                                         Glad you had a great time on your trip:)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

clavia should release the nord G2 modular as a software only thing. there's VCV rack but the nord's sound is so great. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ignatius said:

clavia should release the nord G2 modular as a software only thing. there's VCV rack but the nord's sound is so great. 

I just want a 64bit version of the existing editor 😞

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nikisoko said:

I just want a 64bit version of the existing editor 😞

that would be a nice move on their part. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have quite a lot of MP3s starting from the 90s and occasionally when going through the archive I stumble into music that can't be found on YouTube or seemingly anywhere else in the internet. I've been wondering what are the ethics if I start to upload this stuff to youtube?

They're mostly tracks from some obscure compilations, small CD pressings, net labels, self-released stuff, bootlegs, megamixes (remember those?), radio broadcasts/streams, etc. Nothing really mind blowing I think, not like I have the Acid Memories sitting on my harddrive, haha 😉

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You're only helping out the artists whose music is currently unfindable, unless they are actively trying to avoid getting new listeners.  The ethics are go ahead and do it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, guys! I'll start looking into what I have.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time I’ve seen as many hacked/shady websites as I have since getting into diy electronics/audio was in the late 90s when I used to check this site that hosted mirrors (I think) of sites that had been recently defaced by h4ck3rs. Pretty much any slightly obscure part that I google turns up at least one site that has nothing to do with electronics hosting a page with part info and/or generated gibberish.

An example found while hunting for cheap esd safe brushes, it’s a website for a small Dutch veterinary clinic; 

3l3ctr0h4x0rs

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Apes: a shrewdness
  • Badgers: a cete
  • Bats: a colony, cloud or camp
  • Bears: a sloth or sleuth
  • Bees: a swarm
  • Buffalo: a gang or obstinacy
  • Camels: a caravan
  • Cats: a clowder or glaring; Kittens: a litter or kindle; Wild cats: a destruction
  • Cobras: a quiver
  • Crocodiles: a bask
  • Crows: a murder
  • Dogs: a pack; Puppies: a litter
  • Donkeys: a drove
  • Eagles: a convocation
  • Elephants: a parade
  • Elk: a gang or a herd
  • Falcons: a cast
  • Ferrets: a business
  • Fish: a school
  • Flamingos: a stand
  • Foxes: a skulk or leash
  • Frogs: an army
  • Geese: a gaggle
  • Giraffes: a tower
  • Gorillas: a band
  • Hippopotami: a bloat
  • Hyenas: a cackle
  • Jaguars: a shadow
  • Jellyfish: a smack
  • Kangaroos: a troop or mob
  • Lemurs: a conspiracy
  • Leopards: a leap
  • Lions: a pride
  • Moles: a labor
  • Monkeys: a barrel or troop
  • Mules: a pack
  • Otters: a family
  • Oxen: a team or yoke
  • Owls: a parliament
  • Parrots: a pandemonium
  • Pigs: a drift or drove (younger pigs), or a sounder or team (older pigs)
  • Porcupines: a prickle
  • Rabbits: a herd
  • Rats: a colony
  • Ravens: an unkindness
  • Rhinoceroses: a crash
  • Shark: a shiver
  • Skunk: a stench
  • Snakes: a nest
  • Squirrels: a dray or scurry
  • Stingrays: a fever
  • Swans: a bevy or game (if in flight: a wedge)
  • Tigers: an ambush or streak
  • Toads: a knot
  • Turkeys: a gang or rafter
  • Turtles: a bale or nest
  • Weasels: a colony, gang or pack
  • Whales: a pod, school, or gam
  • Wolves: a pack
  • Zebras: a zeal
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dingformung said:
  • Apes: a shrewdness
  • Badgers: a cete
  • Bats: a colony, cloud or camp
  • Bears: a sloth or sleuth
  • Bees: a swarm
  • Buffalo: a gang or obstinacy
  • Camels: a caravan
  • Cats: a clowder or glaring; Kittens: a litter or kindle; Wild cats: a destruction
  • Cobras: a quiver
  • Crocodiles: a bask
  • Crows: a murder
  • Dogs: a pack; Puppies: a litter
  • Donkeys: a drove
  • Eagles: a convocation
  • Elephants: a parade
  • Elk: a gang or a herd
  • Falcons: a cast
  • Ferrets: a business
  • Fish: a school
  • Flamingos: a stand
  • Foxes: a skulk or leash
  • Frogs: an army
  • Geese: a gaggle
  • Giraffes: a tower
  • Gorillas: a band
  • Hippopotami: a bloat
  • Hyenas: a cackle
  • Jaguars: a shadow
  • Jellyfish: a smack
  • Kangaroos: a troop or mob
  • Lemurs: a conspiracy
  • Leopards: a leap
  • Lions: a pride
  • Moles: a labor
  • Monkeys: a barrel or troop
  • Mules: a pack
  • Otters: a family
  • Oxen: a team or yoke
  • Owls: a parliament
  • Parrots: a pandemonium
  • Pigs: a drift or drove (younger pigs), or a sounder or team (older pigs)
  • Porcupines: a prickle
  • Rabbits: a herd
  • Rats: a colony
  • Ravens: an unkindness
  • Rhinoceroses: a crash
  • Shark: a shiver
  • Skunk: a stench
  • Snakes: a nest
  • Squirrels: a dray or scurry
  • Stingrays: a fever
  • Swans: a bevy or game (if in flight: a wedge)
  • Tigers: an ambush or streak
  • Toads: a knot
  • Turkeys: a gang or rafter
  • Turtles: a bale or nest
  • Weasels: a colony, gang or pack
  • Whales: a pod, school, or gam
  • Wolves: a pack
  • Zebras: a zeal

                                                                                               I Really Enjoyed reading that collection of get-togethers, Thanks dingformung:)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

Came across this forum emoji :pedobear:

Remember back when pedobear was a fun thing? That shit would never fly in this day and age. 

 

Pedobear_768182_71279.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...