IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

Why do the kids these days love green days american idiot so much? Why not Dookie? Dookie is classic. I just asked a girl that who was on tik tok live and she just shrugged.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yekker said:

Why do the kids these days love green days american idiot so much? Why not Dookie? Dookie is classic. I just asked a girl that who was on tik tok live and she just shrugged.

Do they really ?  I'd like some sources on that.

1 hour ago, drillkicker said:

Do they really ?  I'd like some sources on that.

I dunno man, from what I see lots of young kids think of American Idiot as pinnacle Green Day.

edit: but at the same time it's all they know of green day

Edited by yekker

On 12/2/2020 at 12:53 AM, rhmilo said:

You're in San Francisco, right?

Stop whining.

(cries in 52 degrees North)

You don't need to rub in the pointlessness and futility of my post. It's already devoid of point.

• Burger 1

40 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

I didn't know kids still listen to Green Day

I've seen a few tik tokkers jamming to it. When I say kids I mean late teens, maybe early twenties.

17 minutes ago, yekker said:

I've seen a few tik tokkers jamming to it. When I say kids I mean late teens, maybe early twenties.

I'm pretty young, but all my friends are just as out of the loop as I am.  I don't know anyone who uses TikTok.

3 hours ago, drillkicker said:

I'm pretty young, but all my friends are just as out of the loop as I am.  I don't know anyone who uses TikTok.

Fair enough, I don't know anything about pop music either.

Edited by yekker

5 hours ago, yekker said:

I dunno man, from what I see lots of young kids think of American Idiot as pinnacle Green Day.

edit: but at the same time it's all they know of green day

I know an *adult* (50 plus) who thinks American Idiot is peak Green Day.

And she does know Dookie.

?

• Confused 1

Quit talking about Green Day, y'all are making me feel old ?

Anyway, I found out that coffee tastes pretty good when you add coconut oil, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg to it. (Don't need sugar, milk, creamer, etc.)

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, ambermonke said:

coffee tastes pretty good when you add coconut oil, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg to it.

good combo. coconut flavour goes rl wellin coffee, but there's an art to getting it to mix in properly, i find. what does not go well in coffee is mayonaisse. rendered pork fat is aight but beef fat is a no-go (too rich). 

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

one time i made coldbrew with pulpy coconut water & the person i gave it to said it tasted like coffee that had already been in someone's mouth

perhaps coldbrew maybe from pulpy orange juice would have been better. or the pulp from the inside of a jack o lantern

• Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, ambermonke said:

Anyway, I found out that coffee tastes pretty good when you add coconut oil, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg to it. (Don't need sugar, milk, creamer, etc.)

If you make it the middle eastern way it tastes good without anything added (though some enjoy cardamom mixed in)

2 hours ago, Braintree said:

How's about using Monster energy drink instead of water in the coffee machine?

I've actually thought about using coffee instead of water

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

I've actually thought about using coffee instead of water

I've thought to do it in the past, but regular coffee already makes me cracked out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

opening up some trax off rifts in audacity. feel less self-conscious about my own trax clipping now because goodgod opn was close to the edge like that rapper who compared himself to bono, back in the day

^tbh i'm into it as well. i've had lots of tracks where I very intentionally brickwalled certain elements. I think it came from the same place as intentionally saving tracks as low quality mp3s back in the day: being a teenager hanging out with older self-proclaimed "audiophiles" & hobbyist producers insisting it was impossible to make electronic music without $10k worth of analogue gear from the 70s. Back then I would have justified it with "fuck u music dad i won't do what you tell me", now it'd be something like "all sounds & methodologies have their use potential, to view certain sounds as inherently more 'valid' is nothing more than the encroaching aesthetic conservatism that you yourself no doubt once rebelled against". But same spirit basically.

I think there was an entire vaporwave spinoff microgenre at one point based around taking iconic songs from the 90s & clipping them as much as possible.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dingformung said:

I like clipping, soft and hard. Clipping within a DAW isn't as nasty as the clipping that happens when you overdrive a mic. I'm not against square waves per se.

You are Wrong.

Distortion is great. Clipping is boring.

I am not. Clipping is useful for removing transient spikes. Sometimes better than limiting or compression. Also, the distortion clipping can produce can be part of an effect chain and it sounds good. I usually prefer soft clipping for that but hard clipping is ight 2