Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

6 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

On a package of instant noodles:

Per serving:
Sodium: 50% DV

*looks closer*

Serving Size: 1/2 package

I plan on discontinuing purchases of instant noodles after this year. They all have a ridiculous amount of sodium. I still have a bunch of instant jjajang bokki bowls I need to use up first though.

(Side note: exercise caution when uttering the word 'bokki' around a Japanese person, as it means 'erection')

• Burger 1

low sodium targets are a psyop

pretty much any time i read a book & they start talking about low-fat low-sodum diets as being the healthy kind, i know i'm in boomer country usa

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Massive-CHABAZITE-cluster-Discovered-at-the-Bay-of-Fundy-Nova-Scotia-Canada/383845868647?fbclid=IwAR3zKzkFAqsze4be2H-5EdWbWNZ-0kGWSf86GLAMhv8yw0vEatk_d8DQYho

my brother & sister found a bunch of crystals on a beach & now they're selling them online, one of u rich guys with a big bunch of coins jangling in your pocket should buy one

in the year and a half or so my neighbor has lived next door, I've never once seen him ever put his trash can out in front on garbage day. this isn't some recycle everything type dude either, he more or less fits into the typical big truck driving Texan redneck category. I really wonder what he does with all his trash.

6 hours ago, iococoi said:

Technically, most man-made material is biomass, no ?  It's all made from matter that the earth produced.  I hate plastics just as much as anyone else, but this statement seems dubiously vague.

1 hour ago, drillkicker said:

Technically, most man-made material is biomass, no ?  It's all made from matter that the earth produced.  I hate plastics just as much as anyone else, but this statement seems dubiously vague.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-3010-5

https://wis-wander.weizmann.ac.il/environment/mass-human-made-materials-now-equals-planet’s-biomass

figure1.png

• Sad 3

While this is indeed upsetting, it seems like most of this anthropogenic mass is basically just rocks that will break down into soil in a few decades.  Surely there are worse pollutants than bricks and concrete ?

Also, why does it look like biomass is slowly decreasing ?  Where does it go ?

So if you leave a banana on an onion, does it make the onion smell like a banana or does the banana smell like an onion?

Perhaps, they combine into a new fragrance called bananion.

• Farnsworth 1

3 hours ago, Braintree said:

So if you leave a banana on an onion, does it make the onion smell like a banana or does the banana smell like an onion?

Perhaps, they combine into a new fragrance called bananion.

Eww lol

heres a silly question - didn’t want to make a thread for it. What does it mean in sales when you “iron bar” for the year? I can’t find a Google answer for this but I’ve heard it a few times over the last week.

5 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

Maybe it means you've made commission 

?‍♂️ The impression I got was that it’s a surplus of net sales over OPEX. But that’s usually just “profit” innit? I really have no idea lol

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

I dunno what Disney would have to buy up & turn into a cynical cash printing machine* in order for me to actually feel upset by it. like if they bought warp & started using an AI to make new selected ambient works i'd be like "cool, he was probably trying to do that himself in the 80s with a modded commodore 64". perhaps disney could buy tinder & introduce a monthly subscription system: ie for a low tier u get to go on a weekly awkward first dinner date with the propose of maybe getting a warm handshake & eye contact at the end, whereas with the premium package they get a guy to advise you on how to look like a mass-production version of dan bilzerian on your social media feeds

Spoiler

*not that most of what they've bought up so far wasn't already a cynical cash printing machine

40 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

I dunno what Disney would have to buy up & turn into a cynical cash printing machine* in order for me to actually feel upset by it. like if they bought warp & started using an AI to make new selected ambient works i'd be like "cool, he was probably trying to do that himself in the 80s with a modded commodore 64". perhaps disney could buy tinder & introduce a monthly subscription system: ie for a low tier u get to go on a weekly awkward first dinner date with the propose of maybe getting a warm handshake & eye contact at the end, whereas with the premium package they get a guy to advise you on how to look like a mass-production version of dan bilzerian on your social media feeds

Hide contents

*not that most of what they've bought up so far wasn't already a cynical cash printing machine

What makes them abhorrent is how they treat their labor.

It's weird/creepy how important Disney is to a lot of adult women.  Had no idea that was a thing until I started using the dating apps.  Obviously Disney's always been massive, but I thought it was kids and their parents who comprised that audience.

2 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

It's weird/creepy how important Disney is to a lot of adult women.  Had no idea that was a thing until I started using the dating apps.  Obviously Disney's always been massive, but I thought it was kids and their parents who comprised that audience.

There's quite a lot of Disney film analysis in Youtube by women. Linsay Ellis has a bunch of videos on the subject.

I was never particularly fond of the Disney movies even as a child, but I grew up in the VHS era when they weren't easily available due to Disney's decision to not make home releases of their feature films. By the time they started to come out I was watching action movies already, like American Ninja, Terminator and so on. So the Disney movies of course felt quite childish at that point. And later as a teenager and adult I couldn't deal with the constant singing in the movies. I just find musicals very jarring. There are though some that I've found entertaining like the Emperor's New Groove, but for example trying to watch the Frozen makes me feel like my head's going to explode. It is just unbearably annoying. Like animation, voice acting, singing and everything.

I mean this style of hyperactive and hyperemotive animation:

giphy.gif

I can't fucking stand it.

• Like 4

On 12/12/2020 at 2:51 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Get you a Ghibli girl

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 11:51 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Oh jeezus. Nearly a year ago I had two female coworkers (early to mid 20s) who would stream Disney+ nonstop at work. Sure, the majority of us watched the movies when we were kids, but you'd think they'd outgrow that shit by now.

• Like 1