IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

Variations:

Viewing All | Harold Faltermeyer

A. Faltenmeijer, A. Faltermejer, A. Pertl, D.R., Faltemeier, Faltemeyer, Faltermayer, Faltermeier, Faltermeier H., Faltermeir, Faltermeyer, Faltermeyer Harold, Faltermeyer, Harald, Faltermryens, Faltermyer, Falterrmeyer, Feltermeier, Feltermryens, H Faltemeyer, H Falter Meyer, H Faltermeyer, H. Eyerfalter, H. Faldermeyer, H. Falt, H. Faltemeyer, H. Faltenmeyer, H. Faltermayer, H. Faltermeier, H. Faltermeijer, H. Faltermeir, H. Faltermeler, H. Faltermeter, H. Faltermeyer, H. Faltmeyer, H. Saltermeyer, H.Falter Meyer, H.Faltermeier, H.Faltermeyer, Harald Faltermayer, Harald Faltermeier, Harald Faltermeyer, Harold, Harold F, Harold Falt, Harold Faltemeier, Harold Faltemeyer, Harold Faltenmeyer, Harold Falter Meyer, Harold Faltermayer, Harold Faltermeier, Harold Faltermeir, Harold Faltermeler, Harold Faltermeter, Harold Faltermeyer & Axel F, Harold Faltmeier, Harold Faltmeyer, Harold Feltermeyer, Harold Hugo Faltermeyer, Harold Saltermeier, Horold Faltermeyer, M. Faltermeier, M. Faultermeyer, Mayer, Saltermeir, Харольд Фальтермайер

• Haha 1

I took one of those political spectrum tests for the first time in a while. Got pretty deep in the leftist authoritarian quadrant (moreso on the authoritarianism than the leftism), but also far to the "conservative" end of their progressive/conservative meter. I dunno what that means

Spoiler

for the record i don't put a lot of stock in these tests, partially because for most of the questions i find myself going "well that's very complex/contextual/there's no one objectively good answer here imo", partially because i suspect that most of the ppl making these tests are wording the questions in such a way that their own position seems like the most moral/logical one, and partially because i don't think real politics tracks neatly to an x/y graph. i mean like i feel as though i've taken a number of these & they always give me different results

the wife was pestering me the other day while we were driving somewhere -"your nose hairs are sooo long. you look like some sort of animal." my reply was that everywhere I go in public I'm wearing a mask, so no one else can see this. her reply was "well..." and then the discussion ended.

it's the small victories that count, gents. small victories.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

On 12/28/2020 at 6:36 AM, zero said:

the wife was pestering me the other day while we were driving somewhere -"your nose hairs are sooo long. you look like some sort of animal." my reply was that everywhere I go in public I'm wearing a mask, so no one else can see this. her reply was "well..." and then the discussion ended.

it's the small victories that count, gents. small victories.

i find that im trimming my nose hairs like once every 2 weeks.

is this normal

2 minutes ago, mister miller said:

is this normal

mine never get quite long enough (so far) for easy trimming. but they do get long enough that i'm tempted to pluck them, which would be extremely painful

unrelated: having an inner child is one of those things that feels less like a metaphor the older i get. my emotional core never seems to change from how i remember it being when i was 2 years old. if anything, it seems even more naive by comparison, as the rest of my being continuously becomes more complex in nature. the older i get the more it feels like part of my consciousness is literally a small child, and the rest of my consciousness is his dad who needs to tell him when to go inside, when he can play, when he should do his homework etc

19 minutes ago, mister miller said:

i find that im trimming my nose hairs like once every 2 weeks.

is this normal

I'm sure there is a scientific study out there somewhere correlating mask wearing and the growth rate of nose hairs, which would confirm the hairs are growing faster than ever thanks to the masks

Americans - are you aware of someone called Wendy Williams? I have absolutely no idea if she’s well known or not, but her talk show is the most fucking surreal tv program I’ve ever seen. It’s really odd. The sycophantic crew and sickly audience hang on her nonsensical ramblings like she’s the new messiah. I honestly thought it was a parody, but I don’t think it is. 

Years ago, my mom threw out a bunch of heavy metal shirts (various bands, each from the early 90s: pantera, danzig, metallica, etc) that I left at her house for safe-keeping when I went away to college. Without warning. Now, I could easily sell those for hundreds of bucks a pop (or just look like a badass at Trader Joe's). I can't get over it. Though we still love each other, I feel in some way, it irreparably damaged our relationship. A few years back, she also sold a ton of music gear (turntables, amps, 4-tracks) at a garage sale for arbitrarily low prices like $10 or $20 each, after I took the time to research and price out each item so she could make a little money and keep it for herself. I can't get over that either, but it doesn't hurt as much as the t-shirt thing. I still have a bunch of old school metal shirts (like a couple late 80s slayer and metallica shirts... including a fuckin Zorlac shirt!) and wonder if I should put them up on etsy and make a few grand. 

• Sad 3

42 minutes ago, Plum said:

Americans - are you aware of someone called Wendy Williams? I have absolutely no idea if she’s well known or not, but her talk show is the most fucking surreal tv program I’ve ever seen. It’s really odd. The sycophantic crew and sickly audience hang on her nonsensical ramblings like she’s the new messiah. I honestly thought it was a parody, but I don’t think it is. 

I wouldn't say she's really all that well known, or at least to the average American guy. maybe among women she has more name recognition, I dunno. all I know is she lives in the daytime talk show realm, alongside other such characters like Jerry Springer, Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil, who aren't meant to be taken seriously. but then again, we have millions of people in this country that hang on every word of a washed up reality show con man masquerading as president, so I guess there are plenty out there in audience land that are prone to believe whatever nonsense she comes up with.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Years ago, my mom threw out a bunch of heavy metal shirts (various bands, each from the early 90s: pantera, danzig, metallica, etc) that I left at her house for safe-keeping when I went away to college. Without warning. Now, I could easily sell those for hundreds of bucks a pop (or just look like a badass at Trader Joe's). I can't get over it. Though we still love each other, I feel in some way, it irreparably damaged our relationship. A few years back, she also sold a ton of music gear (turntables, amps, 4-tracks) at a garage sale for arbitrarily low prices like $10 or $20 each, after I took the time to research and price out each item so she could make a little money and keep it for herself. I can't get over that either, but it doesn't hurt as much as the t-shirt thing. I still have a bunch of old school metal shirts (like a couple late 80s slayer and metallica shirts... including a fuckin Zorlac shirt!) and wonder if I should put them up on etsy and make a few grand. 

not exactly the same as your dilemma and I don't have any advice as to how to get past it, but this reminded me of when my parents got rid of a Marshall guitar amp I had after I moved out, took it to some school garage sale thing without telling me. even though I wasn't super attached to it, I still remember being absolutely livid and going off on them about it. my dad felt bad enough that he ended up giving me some money to buy a new amp. so it all worked out in the end, I guess.

• Burger 1

5 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I suspect my mom threw out both my "39 and feelin' fine" and "sexy senior citizen" T-shirts from way back when.  I'm a year away from that first shirt being relevant, so it's beginning to eat at me.  One day I'll have my revenge.  Fuck u mom.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

i think this is true: if you put the volume on your music player application at 100%, and control the volume with your system volume, only, you spare a lossy amplitude calculation. further, if you also set the system volume to 100%, and control volume only from the speaker/stereo, you spare another lossy amplitude calculation. 

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

I forgot his username but I think the ceo of peepeeland made a similar proposition some years ago and I’ve found it to be true to my ears. 

I see standards on this forum have slumped to new depths. The stench of 'aw shucks' doucheyness hangs thick in the air. Its cotton candy in forum form. Who is to blame for this pityful decline? I will speak to them. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dingformung said:

sounds plausible but do u drive da soundcard slightly at 100% sys volume (i mean it cud happen)? should it always be at 50% (amplitude calculation is done by even number)? bit depth dont get messed up. just do

are you with me

divide by 0, yes

• Like 1