IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

3 hours ago, drillkicker said:

Yeah, the worst part about not drinking is you have to be sober all the time

Yeah, pretty grim future, I agree. A lot of colour and subtleties of life return for me when I’m sober but it can also be a drag. But at least it’s pretty safe to experiment with and if you’re lucky you can maybe organise some things for yourself that are important or valuable to you that depend on you being (partially) sober/not hungover/strung out/etc and that way you have something to look forward to or return to when you’re sober.  
Something that also helped me was to try and stay somewhat healthy by taking a vitamin b complex tab every day/every other day, and at a minimum eat a banana and some protein every day, plus down a couple of glasses. It’s fairly low effort and affordable and hopefully helps the malnutrition with all its neurological and physical consequences at bay. Plus it tends to take the edge of the sobriety a bit. 

Realise you didn’t ask for any advice or anything and maybe you’re not at this point at all so again my apologies if inappropriate or whatever. 

[Chorus]
True love
You're the one I'm dreaming of
Your heart fits me like a glove
And I'm going to be

true blue with hexadecimal color code #0073cf is a shade of cyan-blue. In the RGB color model #0073cf is comprised of 0% red, 45.1% green and 81.18% blue. In the HSL color space #0073cf has a hue of 207° (degrees), 100% saturation and 41% lightness. This color has an approximate wavelength of 475.26 nm. This color is used in the Honduras flag and Oklahoma flag.

, baby, I love you

Edited by iococoi

I somehow remembered this weird-looking kid from my childhood. My parents invited some friends of theirs over one weekend and the kid was a nephew of theirs or something. They treated him like he was some kind of angel, but he always had this menacing look and never said a word. In fact, he looked a lot like one of the children on the cover of Aphex's Come To Daddy EP.

• Like 1

My favourite from that list is the lawyer that plunged to his death while demonstrating to some law students that the windows of the skyscraper the firm was located in wouldn't break by slamming into one of the windows with his shoulder. Apparently this was part of his tour anytime a group of students came to visit their offices, and although I don't think it's mentioned in the article I imagine that he would always do this to the same window. The window indeed didn't break. Or it probably did, but not because of the guy slamming into it but because it hit the ground after coming loose from the frame it was in.

35 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Good to knowse: Eating your own boogers strengthens the immune system as they contain lots of crippled/half-destroyed microorganisms that, when ingested, allow the body to produce antibodies in relative safety.

i'm still not doin it

• Like 1

anytime there's some character on a show that's having one of those cry meltdowns and there's a snot slick under their nose going straight for the mouth i'm totally distracted and it makes me forget the plot a bit because all i can do is think "you're just gonna leave that there and not wipe your nose at all. i can see you as an actor ignoring it when in real life any person is going to wipe it away regardless of what's happening unless maybe you're a 15yr old leo dicaprio in   basketball diaries and are in full junk mode head nod... that's the only believable scenario where the person doesn't wipe the snot.. so fucking wipe the snot"

• Sad 1

On 2/12/2021 at 9:59 AM, drillkicker said:

Our brains have to reward us with dopamine every time we take a shit because otherwise it would be so painful that none of us would ever do it.

i've made a similar arguement  to ppl before regarding sex, they never agree with me. but sex/sexual attraction is a very weird thing imo. it's a weird thing to sober up hormonely while you're kneedeep; to float outside yourself, feeling like some kind of saturnine auric residue oberving the clockwork undulation of your own flesh. i had more than a few existential moments in my young adulthood - why am I so distracted right now? I thought this was supposed to be the thing whose lack was causing my distraction at every other moment!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ignatius said:

anytime there's some character on a show that's having one of those cry meltdowns and there's a snot slick under their nose going straight for the mouth i'm totally distracted and it makes me forget the plot a bit because all i can do is think "you're just gonna leave that there and not wipe your nose at all. i can see you as an actor ignoring it when in real life any person is going to wipe it away regardless of what's happening unless maybe you're a 15yr old leo dicaprio in   basketball diaries and are in full junk mode head nod... that's the only believable scenario where the person doesn't wipe the snot.. so fucking wipe the snot"

Oh god that horrifies me too.  Someone should make a youtube compilation vid of all those scenes.  I would, but I can't remember what movies contain them.  Also, the lack of anything resembling goodbye at the end of phone convos in movies... or any "WTF" reaction from the character on the other end of the call.  I can only suspend my disbelief so far.

• Like 2