IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

On 3/5/2021 at 6:18 PM, Tim_J said:

let's clean our palates together boyzzz... 

Anyway, I often drive around town looking for furniture and whatnot around recycle and garbage bins... today I got lucky, I didn't even need to get out of my building... somebody left this perfectly fine white desk in the entrance of my building... it fits meticulously where I wanted one... lucky bastard... you'd be surprised what people throw away...

IMG_20210305_171153.jpg

I love it how you left that gigantic price sticker on your copy of Collapse.

when i was a teenager & first heard people talking about Aphex Twin, someone told me that Come to Daddy was one of his more popular/accessible tracks. So I looked up the music video & just watched the first minute which is all screechy industrial noises & thought that was the actual track (my internet was pretty slow back in those days so I didn't bother waiting for the whole video to load).

The second time I almost got into Aphex Twin was when I saw people going on about what an amazing track [Rhubarb] was, really emotional, spiritual, tearjerker etc. So I looked it up & for some reason Donkey Rhubarb was the one that came up. And I was like "yeah fellas. yeah. i can see how this would make y'all cry & shit"

then eventually i just downloaded SAW85-92 7 when the first 10 seconds of Xtal came on i was like :catcry::cattears:

• Haha 3

I made a 12-track album back in 2008 that I never released, but am thinking about "remastering" this year and maybe put on Bandcamp afterwards. Just needs a lot of polish - too raw and repetitive in its current state, and I used way too many chords that are spaced apart by 4 notes (I'm sure there's a musical term for this chord type). But I was still living in Japan at the time and was in a hurry to finish it before coming home for some reason. It'll take time, but then again rushing it was my biggest mistake in the first place.

Edited by ambermonke

5 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

I used way too many chords that are spaced apart by 5 notes (I'm sure there's a musical term for this chord type)

fifth voicings? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quartal_and_quintal_harmony

i see you just changed your post to 4 instead of 5 notes. did you mean 4th voicings then?

I'm thoroughly convinced that modern dentistry in America is all a massive scam. I've moved several times over the years, and have been forced to find a new dentist each time. every time now it seems there is some sort of high pressure sales tactic to get me to do this or do that, all of which can vary widely in price depending on the dentist. for example, the number of cavities I have changes based on which dentist I go to. I've never had a cavity in my life until I started going to these places. I've gone to a few now in my area and it's all the same set of lies. this "deep cleaning" bullshit is unnecessary. you can't get an answer from them as to cost until the sales "closer" comes in to see you. then they present you with a menu of options, many of which you do not fucking need. the price can change 3 times during a visit.

some of the red flags as to why this industry is a scam is why are there so many dentist offices in strip malls everywhere in the US? why is there only 1 dentist, yet are there like 15 other people working in here? why are there so many 5 star google reviews for a dentist office? this is a for profit industry, and I'm convinced these little strip mall dental offices have sales quotas to hit, therefore they try and over charge you any way they can.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 2

4 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Spaced apart by four notes would indicate a major third... followed by a 6th and then octave/repeat - which is an excellent chord that doesn't get used nearly enough.  Sounds mysterious.

i don't think that's what he meant though. he probably meant scale degree when he said note. i might be wrong though 

and yeah 4th voicings are hip as hell

and augmented triads are cool too!

been noticing a sharp increase in sentences/paragraphs that skip a word by mistake (probably typing too fast etc). strange thing is that i've also noticed myself doing it a lot, and the timing - together with how often i see it - is weird. i guess the illuminati just felt like hitting a switch lately?

i always write in a highfalutin fashion. sometimes this results in spelling mistakes because i am of course writing all my posts by getting high & playing a flute into a text-to-speech program

• Like 1

Imagine getting so brainwashed online that you embrace and promote a late stage capitalism ponzi scheme and a totalitarian "communist" (de facto capitalist) regime, all under the guise of social equality.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Silent Member said:

Imagine getting so brainwashed online that you embrace and promote a late stage capitalism ponzi scheme and a totalitarian "communist" (de facto capitalist) regime, all under the guise of social equality.

are you referring to someone on here, or is this just in general?

That would be rude, purely hypothetical, definitely, not targeting anyone, no sir.