IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

I think I may have ADD.

get this man some Dexedrine!

no for real, does it affect your daily life? i was labelled as add at some point, hence the dexedrine thing.... :/

I think I may have ADD.

get this man some Dexedrine!

no for real, does it affect your daily life? i was labelled as add at some point, hence the dexedrine thing.... :/

Yeah, it effects the really mundane day to day stuff constantly.  Like for instance I was in the middle of writing a very important and very simple email, then I got up to get my SIN # as requested... but after getting up I did something else entirely and forgot about the email until I opened my browser over an hour later.  This sort of thing happens with maybe 75% of every little task I do.  I start, get distracted, completely forget about the thing I was doing originally and focus on the next thing.  A little bit of that I think is normal, but it'll happen several times every day.  When I'm working on music I get into deep focus mode, and there's no attention wasted.  But for almost every other aspect of my life I can't keep on task for more than a minute or less.  I help my friend make teas from time to time, and she's noticed that if she gives me more than one task, I do the last thing she requested and forget the first thing.  Now as a rule she never asks for more than one thing of me at a time.  It's like my short term memory only has room for one thing at any given moment.  Another weird thing, which seems anti-ADD but I think is more like a symptom of it, is if someone is talking within earshot I automatically listen to everything they say, even if I don't want to.  it's not an eavesdropping thing, it's more like someone's voice is invading my space and I can't shut it out.  So ironically it makes me a good listener, but that's actually because I have difficulty tuning people out since I find their voices distracting.  

:shrug:

dexadrine absolutely turned me into a piano god for two weeks in my early 20s, then my heart started to feel weak and fluttery and i had a constant headache. i was practicing for 12 hours a day, proper practice aswell, repetition, memorisation technique, scales and arpeggios, daisy chain technique (playing a piece 2 bars at a time, giving each 2 bars 15 minutes). 

it was a fascinating window into the way a dedicated genius might practice. then it made me feel like i was going to die. i dont have a trace of ADHD.

honestly, if i had been able to maintain that level of focus and practice for say...5 years, i genuinely believe i may have been able to actually compete in the world of concert pianism. i literally couldnt stay away from the piano, it was like a incontrollable sexual urge to practice all the time. 

Edited by messiaen

kelly macdonald is fucking hot

she's a god damned goddess.  hasn't everyone been in love w/her since trainspotting?  she's a solid actor and i'll watch anything w/her in it because she's just really good.  btw - that's a body double for the nude scenes in Boardwalk Empire which she is fucking great in.  there's a scene where her husband opens a box and her dead lover spills out of it where she loses it and she's genuinely being unhinged w/grief and panic and i had to pause it there because i felt so bad for her character. 

but yes.. she's dreamy. and if i was a sculptor i'd chisel her profile on every building in portland. 

and this

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNvkEhOBW2o/?taken-by=ignatius_music

:emotawesomepm9:

Edited by ignatius

Just had an A+ pointless thought and observation - there are few pleasures in life greater than eating a microwaved Chinese style honey bun.

mm honey bun. Do you like the steamed pork buns as well? (assuming you've had one). Such a simple but delicious pleasure.

There are a few REALLY good places to get asian baked goods here (and stuff like Banh Mi). I imagine Vancouver is better; don't know much about Victoria as I'm usually just passing through on my way to Nanaimo. 

this is making me hungry lol

kelly macdonald is fucking hot

she's a god damned goddess.  hasn't everyone been in love w/her since trainspotting?

qft

I loved how she pulled off the accent.

There are a few REALLY good places to get asian baked goods here (and stuff like Banh Mi). I imagine Vancouver is better; don't know much about Victoria as I'm usually just passing through on my way to Nanaimo. 

Our Chinatown is small but mighty.  Vancouver's Chinatown is like a mini-metropolis.  Goddamn I really want Chinese food now but nothing is open.  Fffffffffffuuuuuu  :wtf:

...except for 7-11.  7-11 is open.  That somehow only makes things worse.

Our Chinatown is small but mighty.  Vancouver's Chinatown is like a mini-metropolis.  Goddamn I really want Chinese food now but nothing is open.  Fffffffffffuuuuuu  :wtf:

...except for 7-11.  7-11 is open.  That somehow only makes things worse.

how did this turn out? 

ginger beef taquito or some other 7-11 abomination? lol

The average person poops 360 lbs. worth of feces a year.

Thought exercise: Using a 70 year lifespan, the average person will poop roughly 25,200 lbs. (360 x 70)

The world holds 7 billion people. So throughout a 70 year cohort, there will be approximately 176,400,000,000,000,000 pounds of poop in total expelled. If you take into account all of the other animals on land, in the ocean, in the air, and all of the other people that were not counted among that cohort... that is a *lot* of poop.

Like how do you even comprehend that much in your mind? Each bowel movement that we have is around 1-4 pounds. Like if you were to imagine this 176,400,000,000,000,000 pound object existing in your mind as a spherical or rectangular shape, it would be HUGE! That is a large amount of food for spores and whatnot. Spreading that across the landscape wherever we go would make us efficient biological terraformers for our spore brethren.

And in the event of a nuclear war, we see that fungus' can be resilent to the effects of radiation and in some places thrive in it. I mean look at all of the shit on the streets in India and the range of microbes that spawn from there to kill us more efficiently.

I really think humanity's purpose here is to provide food for fungus and mushrooms.

Edited by Entorwellian

poop and garbage is actually a huge huge problem (arguably more serious than climate change), and quite taboo as well... I remember reading it somewhere ages ago, wonder how bad it is now