Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

I went for a walk in some woods yesterday and decided to stray off the path a bit (bearing in mind the ground is really uneven and went up and down making it hard to see in the distance). Something caught my eye so I went over to it and I found old rubbish strewn all over the place. I kicked some of the cans over and to my surprise one of them expired in 1998 and another in 2009. I found really old glass Coca-Cola bottles, a packet of sweets that expired in 2006 and a whole host of other weird shit.

I found some female clothing by the foot of a tree along with more old rubbish that expired in the 90s/00s. I hope I didn't stumble across a shallow grave or anything. I have pictures of some of the stuff if anyone's interested.

You could tell the local police (maybe they have a missing person matching the stuff you found), but it's probably just someone living out in the forest for a while, maybe someone trying to kick a habit.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, milkface said:

I went for a walk in some woods yesterday and decided to stray off the path a bit (bearing in mind the ground is really uneven and went up and down making it hard to see in the distance). Something caught my eye so I went over to it and I found old rubbish strewn all over the place. I kicked some of the cans over and to my surprise one of them expired in 1998 and another in 2009. I found really old glass Coca-Cola bottles, a packet of sweets that expired in 2006 and a whole host of other weird shit.

I found some female clothing by the foot of a tree along with more old rubbish that expired in the 90s/00s. I hope I didn't stumble across a shallow grave or anything. I have pictures of some of the stuff if anyone's interested.

next time bring a shovel! sadly there's always old weird garbage in the woods in a lot of places.. even conservation land where there's not supposed to be any camping and stuff. 

it's a pretty big problem on the west coast of USA. 

• Like 1

While listening to Remain in Light I noticed that Listening Wind sounds quite similar to the track Chi by the Dub Warriors. Then I thought a bit about LCD soundsystem basically covering Running Jamaica by The Pool. Kind of a funny reverse time/genre crossover thing going on there.

I got to hear someone get attacked by a lunatic outside my window last night.  I guess that's a regular Baltimore thing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, drillkicker said:

I got to hear someone get attacked by a lunatic outside my window last night.  I guess that's a regular Baltimore thing.

I remember a few years back my friend heard some guy getting his head smashed in (victim recovered fine) with a hammer right outside his front door

• Sad 1

My friend was waiting at a stop light, sunny afternoon, when this she noticed this guy running down the street with blood dripping down his face.  So... she's stopped, there are other cars and people around, obviously she stays in her car because what else is she going to do?  Anyway, he ends up jumping on the hood of her car, starts kicking in her windshield, and screams "I'm gonna fucking kill you, bitch!!"  

Unfortunately my memory of her anecdote is a bit hazy at this point.  Possibly the guy was also brandishing an axe?  I believe two cops end up tackling him to the ground before he can murder her.  Not sure what sort of impact the experience had on her psychologically, but she seemed to take the whole thing in stride.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Burger 1

10 hours ago, milkface said:

I remember a few years back my friend heard some guy getting his head smashed in (victim recovered fine) with a hammer right outside his front door

Where was this?

By the way, this happened on my third night here.  I expect crazier shit to go down during my time in this city.  One of my coworkers is from the same neighborhood I live in and he said most of his friends are dead now.  The guy looks younger than me, so that says something about this place.

Edited by drillkicker

There are heart shaped Cheerios in my cereal. I thought maybe I was just trippin.. so I just checked again, and, sure enough, there are heart shaped Cheerios in my cereal.

AromaticEmotionalBison-max-1mb.gif

16 hours ago, drillkicker said:

omar yo. omar coming. 

saw a bunch of crazy shit in miami over the years.  mega crazy random violence and drama between pimps and all kinds of shit. 

had to stay on your toes. 

Edited by ignatius

6 hours ago, drillkicker said:

One of my coworkers is from the same neighborhood I live in and he said most of his friends are dead now.  The guy looks younger than me, so that says something about this place.

I think you may want to consider moving.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, drillkicker said:

Where was this?

By the way, this happened on my third night here.  I expect crazier shit to go down during my time in this city.  One of my coworkers is from the same neighborhood I live in and he said most of his friends are dead now.  The guy looks younger than me, so that says something about this place.

Hemel Hempstead, UK

Always remember when Anthony Bourdain visited Glasgow (there was a segment about high levels of violence and knife attacks) and observed that sure you could end up having a fight if you didn’t engage a level of common sense but really it was like a day out at Disney Land compared to some cities in the U.S. And I believed him.

Edited by beerwolf

its weird to me that we've spent so much time & money trying to develop AI, but we haven't started a program (afaik) to find the most intelligent individuals amongst the great apes & have them mate. if we had started doing this in the 50s we could have had an entire gorilla metropolis at this point

• Farnsworth 1

2 hours ago, Cryptowen said:

its weird to me that we've spent so much time & money trying to develop AI, but we haven't started a program (afaik) to find the most intelligent individuals amongst the great apes & have them mate. if we had started doing this in the 50s we could have had an entire gorilla metropolis at this point

do you want planet of the apes to become a documentary or something?

• Like 1

I'm about half-certain that some womens at the gym have been checking me out lately. I say half because I'm too afraid to make eye contact.

• Sad 1