IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

4 hours ago, Thu Zaw said:

Have you tried drugs?

In seriousness, existential crises happen. They pass. But it usually requires work to shift it. I recommend therapy (with a good therapist), or making changes in your life; meet new people, move, challenge yourself to learn a new skill. Good luck with it. 

Thanks. i shouldn't have made the post tbh but my brain is retarded and forgot what it was like to have a mini-crisis. ill get out of it by trying some of the stuff you said, but today was just -really- shitty so i couldnt help myself

3 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

c8aa02951c7b8f7abe563474abec94ff.jpg

shakespeare gets it

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, coax said:

Thanks. i shouldn't have made the post tbh but my brain is retarded and forgot what it was like to have a mini-crisis. ill get out of it by trying some of the stuff you said, but today was just -really- shitty so i couldnt help myself

shakespeare gets it

No sweat. We all find ourselves in those places. And if can seem like we'll never feel joy again. 

Meditation works for me too.

mental health plummeting today, HOWEVER i've had lots of fun in the "liminal spaces/images that evoke" area of youtube. just mute the video and set up your own soundtrack - right now i have gescom minidisc on shuffle playing over "Sinoms" by Michael Snow - you can do this by having even more tabs open on youtube, or by having several media players at once. (Gescom - Minidisc on Youtube)

(btw you have to skip about 15mins of Sinoms to where it gets good)

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 3

memory(thought) creates the fantasy of time and continuity. but reality is always new and fresh - impossible to grab hold of and pin down. trippy, slippy, dreamlike, fluid, flowing. always morphing - shape shifting. not solid or fixed. i am that. very weird.

• Like 2

I look forward to seeing the enraged but helpless look on my boss' face when I waltz in to work whenever the hell it pleases me after the kibosh is put on the whole infernal time thang. Forgetting about time is quite a liberating feeling, sort of floaty and scary but scary in a good way. 

Edited by ooqpoo

pee pee poo poo.

Not very many people enjoy going to the bathroom. There are certain things that make it unpleasant.

Toilet paper isn’t always readily available. Sometimes you have to go elsewhere to find a bathroom. Sometimes you have to wait in line to use the toilet.

Even when you can find a bathroom, there may be other people in the room trying to use the toilet at the same time.

In order to deal with these situations, you need a device that can help you. This device should have everything you need to successfully relieve yourself.

If you can find a device that includes these features, it will make your life easier. It will make that time spent in the bathroom a lot more pleasant.

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

pee pee poo poo.

Not very many people enjoy going to the bathroom. There are certain things that make it unpleasant.

Toilet paper isn’t always readily available. Sometimes you have to go elsewhere to find a bathroom. Sometimes you have to wait in line to use the toilet.

Even when you can find a bathroom, there may be other people in the room trying to use the toilet at the same time.

In order to deal with these situations, you need a device that can help you. This device should have everything you need to successfully relieve yourself.

If you can find a device that includes these features, it will make your life easier. It will make that time spent in the bathroom a lot more pleasant.

bro, this mystery was solved a long time ago:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

the self is memory/past and not present actuality. so i'm not here, there is no invisible me in the head looking out of the eyes, hearing shit, talking, thinking, etc. feels like there is though. fucking weird nature.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mindphaser said:

the self is memory/past and not present actuality. so i'm not here, there is no invisible me in the head looking out of the eyes, hearing shit, talking, thinking, etc. feels like there is though. fucking weird nature.

There is an autobiographical self (personhood, narrative of past "this is me, that is not me", "I'm the body, I'm the mind") and there is a self as observer (awareness, being in the now, "this is", "I have a body, I have a mind"), then there is the state of no-self which cannot really be described from the ego perspective using language.

The language of the ego is based on a subject/object dichotomy, but the state of no-self is not a subject/object dichotomy. It is a fusion. A lack of differentiation, a melting together, and ultimately an experience of oneness.

Now, as far as losing oneself to something... well, that's the definition of meditation. The core Buddhist practices are designed to help you let go of your ego-based thoughts and to focus on one thing with your senses - whether it be your breath, or a sound, or what have you. That's the way to lose yourself in something - to let go of all other things (including the self), to focus on one thing (the object) with all your senses and emotions. And if that is achieved, then you become one with that object...

So, yes, meditation can lead to "losing oneself". But also to "finding oneself" - by getting rid of the false self which is based on social constructs and ideas about who we are (we are defined by our jobs, our hobbies, our relationships etc) and finding out who we really are as humans beings (feelings, sensations). You could say that it leads you from being an egocentric person towards being a person who experiences true empathy for others. It helps you see through the illusion of what life is supposed to be like and start living it how it truly is - moment by moment.

Sorry for writing so much... I do tend to rant when I get started on these topics... but there you have it! : )

• Like 1

I started working on a new track this month - first one in two years. Have the next four days off to work on it, but not sure if I can finish it by June. Should be a banger tho once it's finished. If it gets finished.

It's just good to finally have inspiration again.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

I started working on a new track this month - first one in two years. Have the next four days off to work on it, but not sure if I can finish it by June. Should be a banger tho once it's finished. If it gets finished.

It's just good to finally have inspiration again.

U got anything up now?

3 hours ago, dingformung said:

There is an autobiographical self (personhood, narrative of past "this is me, that is not me", "I'm the body, I'm the mind") and there is a self as observer (awareness, being in the now, "this is", "I have a body, I have a mind"), then there is the state of no-self which cannot really be described from the ego perspective using language.

The language of the ego is based on a subject/object dichotomy, but the state of no-self is not a subject/object dichotomy. It is a fusion. A lack of differentiation, a melting together, and ultimately an experience of oneness.

Now, as far as losing oneself to something... well, that's the definition of meditation. The core Buddhist practices are designed to help you let go of your ego-based thoughts and to focus on one thing with your senses - whether it be your breath, or a sound, or what have you. That's the way to lose yourself in something - to let go of all other things (including the self), to focus on one thing (the object) with all your senses and emotions. And if that is achieved, then you become one with that object...

So, yes, meditation can lead to "losing oneself". But also to "finding oneself" - by getting rid of the false self which is based on social constructs and ideas about who we are (we are defined by our jobs, our hobbies, our relationships etc) and finding out who we really are as humans beings (feelings, sensations). You could say that it leads you from being an egocentric person towards being a person who experiences true empathy for others. It helps you see through the illusion of what life is supposed to be like and start living it how it truly is - moment by moment.

Sorry for writing so much... I do tend to rant when I get started on these topics... but there you have it! : )

the no self thing is a pretty obvious thing to aknowledge - the headless way is an accessible and easy way to tune into it. and you can just look and notice that there is only the movement and happening of thoughts, feelings, vibes, sensations, senses. but like you say we've all had this imaginary fictional self/duality brainwashed into us.. and that shit just relentlessly flows and babbles along with all of it's drama and bollocks all day and night. even a continuous invisible awareness/witness/experiencer of this is just more passing thought noise - thought is all that there.

the field of life, energy, nature is our reality - we've never existed outside of it as a separate reality/self.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Himelstein said:

U got anything up now?

Not yet I'm afraid. I have about two minutes worth written so far, but it feels like I've barely scratched the surface.

Also I feel dumb for making some kind of announcement over a single track, but I already have the melodies and overall structure pretty well planned out. It's nice to have a polyphonic analogue synth on the side to practice on.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

Not yet I'm afraid. I have about two minutes worth written so far, but it feels like I've barely scratched the surface.

Also I feel dumb for making some kind of announcement over a single track, but I already have the melodies and overall structure pretty well planned out. It's nice to have a polyphonic analogue synth on the side to practice on.

Don’t feel dumb about that, it’s awesome to be excited about writing anything! Shout it out! I’m looking forward to hearing it

• Thanks 1

One of my new year's resolutions for 2021 was pronouncing "Discomfort" as "This cumfart" but it hasn't been going very well to be honest. I'm turning 36 next month and at this rate there's no way I'll have my shit together before hitting the big four-o. 

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

Fixed logic of action means aimless alternation between different options that open up, forgetting that spaces may emerge between the options for action that extrapolate an infinitude of further options that fractalise in these spaces, but which remain closed due to the fixed logic of action that leads to show that even in the case of the implementation of an alternative logic of action, there can be no return to the fixed logic of action in such a case, since this can no longer be represented by opening up the spaces contained in the alternative logic of action, since these spaces are realised through the implementation of the „alternative action logics“ have received their own logical structure, which is in competition with the logical structure of the fixed action logic.

If one wanted to call what I have just written a "pseudo-argumentation", then one would have to speak of a "pseudo-argumentation" of the whole of philosophy, insofar as philosophy can only ever be thought of as a "pseudo-argumentation", since philosophy is never more than a "pseudo-argumentation" has to offer, because it can never be more than a "bogus argumentation", since it can only be tied to itself through another "bogus argumentation".

• Farnsworth 1

"Vanity is the evil twin of creativity. Those who value themselves too much are no longer open to new ideas and approaches. They already “know it all.” The only way to avoid this trap is to maintain the humility that accompanies knowledge and experience. We all have a tremendous amount to learn. No one knows everything.

If you are too attached to your own ideas, you will never be able to reach a good solution. You will never be able to hear what other people are saying or follow the spirit of an idea. The more important the decision, the more you need to be receptive to others’ ideas.

Curiosity and creativity are the necessary counterweights to the natural tendency to get stuck in your own way of thinking."

-  Richard D. James